The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

I've just ordered / thank you

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome clived, I think you have made two good choices, an e60 and this Forum. We hope to hear more from you as you get to know your car and add that experience to this growing group.
Old 11-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by clived' date='Nov 9 2004, 06:07 PM
All,

An introduction and a thank you....

I've been browsing the board for the last couple of days whilst trying to decide between Merc E320CDI and BMW 53xD of some description. The upshot is that I've just ordered a:

535d Sport

Cheers, Clive
[snapback]54141[/snapback]
Clive
Excellent choice
I have a feeling you will never look at Merc again.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Members

Welcome to the forum clived
Old 11-09-2004, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

Welcome to the board!
Post some pics after your baby arrives.
The color combo sounds great.
Happy driving.

We've had some local meet n' greets. No official local clubs that I know of. There are local BMW CCA available in the U.S. but they are not E60 specific.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by gomac' date='Nov 9 2004, 08:21 AM
Welcome clived, I think you have made two good choices, an e60 and this Forum. We hope to hear more from you as you get to know your car and add that experience to this growing group.
[snapback]54192[/snapback]
couldn't agree with you more . welcome aboard, clived !
Old 12-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Picked her up this morning.... and so far, so good

The car really is great to drive and running in is going to be so hard as I really want to see what the car is capable of - but at the same time, it's easy to get quite acceptable performance using just half throttle and not going over 2k rpm until you're in 6th. Sticking to the 93mph running in limit might be harder though.... even with the speed limit remider set!

Couple of comments and one question:

Of course the dealer didn't ask me how I want my dealer set options configured, so I need to get them to add folding door mirror on remote press and to set the automatic lights to high sensitivity as I think they are too eager to come on currently.

Niggles? I need to re-check this when stationary (and not when driving through the M25 M3-M4 roadworks ) but I think if you mute the sat nav instructions, you then can't access the nav screen from the main iDrive menu using the controller - it just ignores you - anyone else have this problem? Oh, and one of my washer jets needs adjusting as it doesn't get the far right hand side of the screen wet at all...

Also the manual mentions seperate operating instructions for voice command - do these exist, as I don't have them. I've found the list in the FAQ, but it isn't the clearest document in the world!

I went straight from the dealership to a Audi rolling road day at the tuners where my TT is currently having it's big turbo conversion done, so not really any time to take pics today, apart from this teaser of my already very dirty front end!

Cheers, Clive
Old 12-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Looks awesome !! Aww damn..
Old 12-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Senior Members

clived, why did you do that to the states' members :'( ? those clear eurolights, love them . congrats ! can't wait to see more pics .
Old 12-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Ok, so I think I found the voice documentation - it's just for the phone.
Selecting Nav seems to work ok after all.
And I found a dead pixel...
Old 12-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Senior Members

Clive,

Press the voice command button on the steering wheel and say "Help" A female voice should read out the list of voice commands available for you.

Quick Reply: I've just ordered / thank you