The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

I've just ordered / thank you

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

All,

An introduction and a thank you....

I've been browsing the board for the last couple of days whilst trying to decide between Merc E320CDI and BMW 53xD of some description. The upshot is that I've just ordered a:

535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering (just the variable assistance, not that dodgy variable rack-rate thing!), folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Best of all, I caught the car just as it was about to go to production, so it should be here on Dec 7th!

Cheers, Clive
Old 11-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Congratulations! Your gonna love your car! The 535d is a beast.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Welcome aboard

I'm sure you'll be happy with your e60

Central Cali
Old 11-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: -SOLD- 530i Alpine White. Sport package, comfort seat package, premium sound package, power rear shade, premium package, rear red reflectors, and adaptive headlights with xenon’s

Where you located?

Central Cali
Old 11-09-2004, 07:11 AM
Members

My Ride: (Expecting Oct. 2004) 2005 530i Sport package, premium sound package,premium package, xenon's, HUD, sat radio, cold weather package, navagation

Congrats I have had ny BMW for 1 week now and just love it.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Profile updated with location.

Does the E60 Forum ever have local meetings? I'm comparing here to my Audi TT Owners Club experience? Or are most of you members of actual BMW clubs also?

Clive
Old 11-09-2004, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Well done clived, you've chosen a tremendous spec too. Logic 7 is incredible. Comfort seats are the greatest. Just hope you're not planning to sell quickly afterwards, all those lovely options go for nothing come resale time
Old 11-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Senior Members

welcome to the forum clived

i do not believe there has been a UK meet yet. I am in the hamp/surrey border area, keep seeing more and more E60's. Just today another titan/grey E60 outside the gym, 54plate with 124wheels outside fitnessfirst in camberley, anyone here??
Old 11-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Members

Another jealous American... I wish we could get the diesel here. Congrats.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, clived !

Quick Reply: I've just ordered / thank you