The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Hyundai Genesis WHAT A JOKE........

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='668287' date='Sep 12 2008, 09:47 PM
Hey doc, why don't you get a Genesis, drive it, tell us what you think...........I mean, it's not like you would keep it longer than 3 months anyway....then sell it to C's mom.
I wonder if they have a category listing on leasetrader for the Genesis. C's mom would be pimpin'!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi. alpine white, black leather, 6 speed. mtech kit.

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='665311' date='Sep 9 2008, 10:17 AM
OK guys.

For quite a while now, whatever 530ISPORT is posting gets immediate attention by allways the same people.
I don't know why, but it seems a couple of you have a problem with him.
So far...

I find it quite disturbing that in this great community there are people following one guy to whatever thread he goes and start bashing him.
If you have a problem with someone... why do you bother reading his posts? Ignore them... Life is too short for wasting time this way...

It is easy to press the buttons and get the reaction from him you want to see... But after doing it a couple times it's not fun anymore, it becomes annoying.
I react childish sometimes, and I do like it, sometimes. But only up to a certain point. I think we have now reached this point. So move on people, folks, guys, girls, ladys, gentlemen...

And for those that are continuing reading his posts, take a chill pill before posting stuff that he will react to as he did here.

This whole thing started a while back now. There were reports and PM's. So we (Rudy, Lomag, Das) are reading the posts and follow the discussions, don't worry. But as I said before: take a chill pill! If you guys start bashing him on every topic, he HAS to react somehow.
And don't forget we're talking about cars, as grown up men... that means we are getting very emotional on those topics.
What would you guys do, if you post and somebody starts calling you a liar instead of discussing the topic with you?

Now:
PLEASE!!!

Sit back, relax, and before bashing 530ISPORT for everything he posts, think about it from HIS point of view. TRY to see it from HIS point of view. And then discuss with him in a respectfull way and I am sure he will do so too! Or simply don't post, or don't even read.

And 530ISPORT:
PLEASE!!!

Try to calm down too.
And when someone starts bashing you out of nowhere... Try to stay calm and give him an adult answer!
Don't bash the guys right back.

If THEN things get out of control, please feel free to report it to one of us Mods or Admins by using the report function or the PM feature.

Thanks for reading!

Official announcement: We don't have anymore popcorn.

funny thing...i noticed the same thing and im only here 2 days a week checking this forum out.
the guy drove a genesis and thought it was crap. end of story. seriously people..grow up!!!!
n swajames, nothing personal but some of the posts ive seen you reply to somehow seem to be bashing e60's. so u got rid of yours and have a true sports car. congrats and good for you. but e60's are still great, if not brilliant cars. deal!!!
much luv. lets keep it PG.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zolensky' post='668430' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:09 PM
funny thing...i noticed the same thing and im only here 2 days a week checking this forum out.
the guy drove a genesis and thought it was crap. end of story. seriously people..grow up!!!!
n swajames, nothing personal but some of the posts ive seen you reply to somehow seem to be bashing e60's. so u got rid of yours and have a true sports car. congrats and good for you. but e60's are still great, if not brilliant cars. deal!!!
I have never seen swajames bash the e60.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='668477' date='Sep 13 2008, 05:18 PM
I have never seen swajames bash the e60.
+1

I don't recall 'swajames' bashing the any E60 on any post.

Admittedly, the Genesis is not a 'great' car, and I think we all know that none of us on this forum would buy one with our own money. However, taken for what it is, the Genesis is Hyundai's first attempt at a RWD luxury car. It's not a BMW by no means, but it isn't the same as the cars Hyundai has been producing since its entry into the American market. If you look past the brand, it's not 'bad' car. In fact, if you set aside your prejudices against Hyundai and do a proper assessment of the Genesis, you'll find that it is a 'good' car. Some of the comments on this and the other Hyundai Genesis threads bash the Genesis like it insulted your manhood or your mother. All it is, is a car... and the marketers of this car have done a great job. The comparative advertising done by the marketers have stirred controversy here and other automotive mediums. Competition is a good thing. It will drive BMW and other manufacturers to produce even better products. This only benefits us, the car enthusiasts.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by zolensky' post='668430' date='Sep 12 2008, 11:09 PM
I think the E60 is a wonderful car. That might explain why I bought two of them That said, I've always considered myself to be more of an auto enthusiast than a follower of any one particular brand and my posts will always reflect that. As a non-E60 owner, I'm naturally most active and more likely to contribute in the competition threads as that's now my primary interest. At the end of the day, it's progress by other manufacturers (even those who operate in very different market segments) that is likely to drive continued R&D from the companies whose products we *might* be interested in buying. As enthusiasts, we should all be grateful that other companies are upping their game - as that's only going to drive BMW, Porsche and others to stay focused on theirs.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:03 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by swajames' post='668551' date='Sep 13 2008, 09:51 AM
I think the E60 is a wonderful car. That might explain why I bought two of them That said, I've always considered myself to be more of an auto enthusiast than a follower of any one particular brand and my posts will always reflect that. As a non-E60 owner, I'm naturally most active and more likely to contribute in the competition threads as that's now my primary interest. At the end of the day, it's progress by other manufacturers (even those who operate in very different market segments) that is likely to drive continued R&D from the companies whose products we *might* be interested in buying. As enthusiasts, we should all be grateful that other companies are upping their game - as that's only going to drive BMW, Porsche and others to stay focused on theirs.
well said
Old 09-13-2008, 06:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='668560' date='Sep 13 2008, 07:03 AM
well said
Old 09-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i w/ Sports & Permium Pkg. Silv/Blk 2008 VW R32 w/Nav. 1992 VW Corrado Silv/Blk-retired 2001 530i Sports/Premium-retired

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='668560' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:03 AM
well said
Originally Posted by swajames' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:30 AM
Old 09-13-2008, 06:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='668581' date='Sep 13 2008, 07:41 AM

Old 09-13-2008, 09:27 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MiamiPhill' post='668581' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:41 AM

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis WHAT A JOKE........