The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Hyundai Genesis WHAT A JOKE........

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

What a way for a Monday ...

Originally Posted by too solid' post='664753
Nicky from T-dot is no match for Wayne Richardson!
Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='664793' date='Sep 8 2008, 02:49 PM
Something to lighten the mood...
Bwuhahahaha
Old 09-08-2008, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='664705' date='Sep 8 2008, 02:49 PM
Olive branch anyone? Anyone?
An olive branch would be a great idea, as long as it doesn't look like the picture in the following post:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=663362
Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by flyingpuck' post='664926' date='Sep 8 2008, 05:10 PM
Hey Gene......pass the popcorn please!!
a little late..but here ya go

I can't believe I missed this thread
Old 09-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='664729' date='Sep 8 2008, 03:04 PM
i understand that.. about the unarmed part... if he`s a gentleman then he wouldnt come out his face the way he does.. its not the first time this lame A## talked crap... well guess what he`s wrong this time around... what he`s watching me from cali.. he can see me going to my storage lot and driveing this rat box of a car... please... i have nothing against anyone on this forum.. but when people just come out there mouth and drop bullsh#$ like this none e60 person.. with his base shi3TY Porsche... THATS NOT BEING A GENTLEMAN THATS BEING AN ASSHOL#...

At least its not just me...

Old 09-09-2008, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

I have not yet driven it and probably won't. I seriously do not think anyone who drives and enjoys BMW and some other top notch cars will even consider this Genesis. I truly think the marketing will work fairly well on people who want a sporty "luxury" car but cannot afford a real one.
I would be shocked if anyone cross shops a 5 series with a Genesis.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

OK guys.

For quite a while now, whatever 530ISPORT is posting gets immediate attention by allways the same people.
I don't know why, but it seems a couple of you have a problem with him.
So far...

I find it quite disturbing that in this great community there are people following one guy to whatever thread he goes and start bashing him.
If you have a problem with someone... why do you bother reading his posts? Ignore them... Life is too short for wasting time this way...

It is easy to press the buttons and get the reaction from him you want to see... But after doing it a couple times it's not fun anymore, it becomes annoying.
I react childish sometimes, and I do like it, sometimes. But only up to a certain point. I think we have now reached this point. So move on people, folks, guys, girls, ladys, gentlemen...

And for those that are continuing reading his posts, take a chill pill before posting stuff that he will react to as he did here.

This whole thing started a while back now. There were reports and PM's. So we (Rudy, Lomag, Das) are reading the posts and follow the discussions, don't worry. But as I said before: take a chill pill! If you guys start bashing him on every topic, he HAS to react somehow.
And don't forget we're talking about cars, as grown up men... that means we are getting very emotional on those topics.
What would you guys do, if you post and somebody starts calling you a liar instead of discussing the topic with you?

Now:
PLEASE!!!

Sit back, relax, and before bashing 530ISPORT for everything he posts, think about it from HIS point of view. TRY to see it from HIS point of view. And then discuss with him in a respectfull way and I am sure he will do so too! Or simply don't post, or don't even read.

And 530ISPORT:
PLEASE!!!

Try to calm down too.
And when someone starts bashing you out of nowhere... Try to stay calm and give him an adult answer!
Don't bash the guys right back.

If THEN things get out of control, please feel free to report it to one of us Mods or Admins by using the report function or the PM feature.

Thanks for reading!

Official announcement: We don't have anymore popcorn.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='665304' date='Sep 9 2008, 10:09 AM
I would be shocked if anyone cross shops a 5 series with a Genesis.
You're probably right but I'll bet many people do the opposite -- cross shop a Genesis with a 5er. (Then they'll end up buying the Genesis and telling everyone it's "just as good or better" than a 5 series...)
Old 09-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Sport Carbon Black Metallic/Cream Beige Manny tranny and other stuff Recently gone, but never forgotten: 2005 Ford Mustang GT (hence the name) Torch Red/Crimson Manny tranny and every option available for that year 2002 Chrysler 300M Special Brilliant Black/Light Taupe/Dark Slate Autostick and goo-gobs of neat features that I will sorely miss

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='665311' date='Sep 9 2008, 10:17 AM
OK guys.

Now, everyone, consider your hands officially slapped.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='665312' date='Sep 9 2008, 11:17 PM
You're probably right but I'll bet many people do the opposite -- cross shop a Genesis with a 5er. (Then they'll end up buying the Genesis and telling everyone it's "just as good or better" than a 5 series...)
Most people that purchase products that have lower brand value due to economics (like a Hyundai) usually need to justify their investment because of social implications. Therefore, most Genesis buyers will refer back to the marketing campaign done by Hyundai and the test done by AMCI and say... "it's just as good as a BMW or Mercedes".
Old 09-09-2008, 07:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='665312' date='Sep 9 2008, 09:17 AM

Really ?? Well, it's sounds like you've made your mind up and your just practising your announcement !

Quick Reply: Hyundai Genesis WHAT A JOKE........