The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

guys i know i want another bimmer but?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by Egypt_525i' post='721907' date='Nov 15 2008, 07:40 AM
after u buy that lexus and drive around for say 1,000 miles, you'll want to dump it and get yourself a bimmer... any bimmer.... these things get addictive
like tattoos cars are addictive... expensive world we live it.. but you only live it ONCE!
Old 11-17-2008, 07:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='723118' date='Nov 17 2008, 08:45 AM
like tattoos cars are addictive... expensive world we live it.. but you only live it ONCE!
tell me about it. with the tattoos... i started on my shoulder.. by the time i got done my whole arm was done before i knew it....
Old 11-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Week 17 Build, 2008 E60 535d M Sport - Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Automatic gearbox, Steering Wheel Heating, M Double Spoke 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Auto-Dim+Exterior Mirror, Comfort seats, Front Seat Heating, Aluminium Pentan interior trim,DAB Tuner, TV Function, BMW Individual Audio System 825W !!

Joe, I think you should make a list of all the cars you want, then check out all the relevant forums, then choose which forum is best...

I then think it will bring you straight back here and back into a BMW...
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by littlemouse' post='723279' date='Nov 17 2008, 12:52 PM
Joe, I think you should make a list of all the cars you want, then check out all the relevant forums, then choose which forum is best...

I then think it will bring you straight back here and back into a BMW...
LOL.. thats a no brainer... i will always come back to this fourm.. i have been part of other forums be4.. but this one has to be one of the best... when i had my audi, i was part of that forum.. the worst...
Old 11-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='723222' date='Nov 17 2008, 11:53 AM
tell me about it. with the tattoos... i started on my shoulder.. by the time i got done my whole arm was done before i knew it....
thats usually how it works ....since i've not heard it mentioned, do you required 4 doors?? I see that you noted that you looked at the M3, but have you looked at the 6er???? Trully the gem of current offerings by BMW, and if you can fit into an e92 M3, you can surely fit into an E63
Old 11-19-2008, 08:18 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: F10 535I
Model Year: 2016

I think you should go with a Scion TC and just chrome it out.....
Old 11-19-2008, 09:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='725225' date='Nov 19 2008, 12:18 PM
LOL ..... I just mite...
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 PM
Members

I'll take IS-F over M3 sedan (ugly rear). I will take M3 coupe over IS-F.
If you need more room, go for M5, a lot more car and more money.
If you want speed, get C63 AMG.

People say Lexus is a Toyota, is that a bad thing?
Toyota/Lexus is improving its performance, design, reliability, safety, etc. at faster rate than any other manufacturer.
In fact, it is already a huge success for Toyota to make some BMW, MB drivers consider Lexus.
Nissan launched GTR, which will blow doors off any street-legal BMW ever made.
Lexus is launching a new supercar, LF-A or something...a such boring company like Toyota is making hybrid, boxy scions, Luxury Lexus, now performance IS-F and so called supercar LF-A.
Toyota only knows how to copy MB and BMW?
BMW's new 7 trunk line, tail light and exhaust look awfully similar to last year launched LS460.
Stop crying about Toyota copying BMW's roof line, tailight, etc. because cars will have similar lines and cosmetics unless you come up with a triangle or square (scion xb).
Who is being more innovative by trying new ideas and testing water by offering new concept vehicles?
I feel BMW is a very conservative company who doesn't want to try new things, until MB or Lexus show you the way by trying G series, R series, Black series, SLR, etc. and Lexus's LX, GX, SC, hybrid.
Wow hydrogen7!!!!!!!!!! when????????
I wouldn't be surprised to see BMW come up with 7 passenger SUV soon or later.
Oh and X6 is awesome, but Infiniti FX enjoyed their success about 4-5 years ago.

I purchased BMW cuz I love how it looks and how it drives, but I hate BMW brand whores who say Toyota/Lexus is crap, BMW > MB, without any facts or even second thought.
I remember reading an article about BMW CEO or high executive saying he is paying closer attention to what Toyota is doing than what MB is doing.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

Originally Posted by soliterry' post='725546' date='Nov 20 2008, 12:03 AM
I'll take IS-F over M3 sedan (ugly rear). I will take M3 coupe over IS-F.
If you need more room, go for M5, a lot more car and more money.
If you want speed, get C63 AMG.

People say Lexus is a Toyota, is that a bad thing?
Toyota/Lexus is improving its performance, design, reliability, safety, etc. at faster rate than any other manufacturer.
In fact, it is already a huge success for Toyota to make some BMW, MB drivers consider Lexus.
Nissan launched GTR, which will blow doors off any street-legal BMW ever made.
Lexus is launching a new supercar, LF-A or something...a such boring company like Toyota is making hybrid, boxy scions, Luxury Lexus, now performance IS-F and so called supercar LF-A.
Toyota only knows how to copy MB and BMW?
BMW's new 7 trunk line, tail light and exhaust look awfully similar to last year launched LS460.
Stop crying about Toyota copying BMW's roof line, tailight, etc. because cars will have similar lines and cosmetics unless you come up with a triangle or square (scion xb).
Who is being more innovative by trying new ideas and testing water by offering new concept vehicles?
I feel BMW is a very conservative company who doesn't want to try new things, until MB or Lexus show you the way by trying G series, R series, Black series, SLR, etc. and Lexus's LX, GX, SC, hybrid.
Wow hydrogen7!!!!!!!!!! when????????
I wouldn't be surprised to see BMW come up with 7 passenger SUV soon or later.
Oh and X6 is awesome, but Infiniti FX enjoyed their success about 4-5 years ago.

I purchased BMW cuz I love how it looks and how it drives, but I hate BMW brand whores who say Toyota/Lexus is crap, BMW > MB, without any facts or even second thought.
I remember reading an article about BMW CEO or high executive saying he is paying closer attention to what Toyota is doing than what MB is doing.
I'll convert my e60 into a yellow cab, and i'll buy a camry to take me to the peak of driving pleasure...... Happy?????
Old 11-24-2008, 06:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

Originally Posted by Eugene134' post='725225' date='Nov 19 2008, 12:18 PM
?? whats with you guys and the chroming out? lol

Quick Reply: guys i know i want another bimmer but?????