The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

guys i know i want another bimmer but?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Although I dislike Lexus (rebadged Toyota in my opinion), I would have to admit that the IS-F isn't a bad car.

Put it this way: If you saw an IS-F and E60 (or M3) at the stoplight, which one would you think made a better statement of what kind of person you are? Our cars is a projection of what we mentally want others to perceive us as..... hmm.. I need coffee as I'm trying to make a point but I just don't know what I'm saying.. hehehe
Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009.5 E60 550i MSport 2011 E90 ///M3 ZCP

lol.

i vote either..

C63 amg or e92 m3
E63 amg or e60 m5
Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='720495
LOL i Can't believe the dealer let you take it up to those speeds + how did you go that fast and not get caught by any cops on the westside? i see them always parked with there little speed guns. lol the is-f is cool especially the back up camera instead of side mirrors they have cameras,??? Wait.... maybe that was the one i saw at the car show all in all its a good car but bimmer is the ultimate driving machine... lol the dealer must have done this to you after you guys got out of the car. then not to get sued lol
lol.. the resone i was able to do this, is because the lexus store is part of the dealership i work for.. the owner of my store ownes that store as well....

Originally Posted by tprenaldo' post='720564' date='Nov 13 2008, 08:18 PM
Traitor!
lol.. never!!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I think you should get the Lexus, just for even considering it. Yep, you should get it. Go for it. Do it.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i /w Sport pkg - SMG - Nav - Premium pkg - PDC - Ready to begin my modding! =)

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='720328' date='Nov 13 2008, 01:54 PM
i walk in to the lexus dealer here in manhattan.. i saw the is-f i the window so i just walked in to take a look... long story short .. i cant belive how this car is.. i drove this thing and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!... its alot cheaper then the bimmer.. the only thing thats killing me is the handeling part.. feels like the rear wants to just slid out from under me.. i took on the west side and gave it a spanking.. at about 80 the sales guy was getting worried i saw it in his face.. as i got to about 100 110 he must of riped the lether seats on the passenger side... but in all really nice car.. fast.. good looking.. but not a bimmer.. but i am looking in to this car... just wana get some feed back on this car and what some you guys think... thanks
Well look at the bright side when you join the IS boards you can just drop the 530 out of your name and go by ISPORT.... Honestly its hard to compare the IS-F and a E60, both have different characteristics. Basically you got to look at it like this, the IS-F is the lowest model in the Lexus category, that has been modded out to its performance limits. Similar to the M3, RS4, Subaru WRX, etc. You're at the bottom of the class level so to speak, in the 5 series youre the next level up.

If you're 21 I say get the Lexus, but if you're a professional that commands respect that enjoys class AND performance, then dont step backwards!!!! The idea in life is to move up to the S8's and CLS 63's.

Besides if youre gonna downgrade you might as well wait til the new CTS-V comes out.......it will straight burn the rubber right off the wheels. Save the Japanese stuff for the crotch rockets!!!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 525i LCI - saphire black on black dakota leather, dark poplar wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6230i bluetooth + cradle, rain sensor, A/C with extended features, extended lights package, PDC, rear power sunshade, AUX Jack, steptronic, M-Tech steering wheel, 10 Airbags, smokers package, DSC, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, business radio; power folding mirrors Mods: iPOD (OEM), BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat, ///M Aerodyamics kit (OEM), 18" rims style 184 (OEM), 245/45 R18 93Y Contisport, ///M boot-lid spoiler (OEM), OEM Headlight washer system Future Mods: Solaris Invisibulbs - Amber Flash all-round; LED interior kit; LED License Plate; The Mrs.: 2009 e90 320i LCI - Carbon Black, Beige leather interior, Dark Poplar Wood, moonroof, cruise control, electric seats with memory, nokia 6233 bluetooth + cradle, extended lights package, rear power sunshade, NEW I-DRIVE with HDD + 2USB Slots +AUX Jack, steptronic, DSC, Smokers package, business radio Mods:BMW OEM floor mats, BMW OEM trunk mat The cars were manufactured in Egypt! :)

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='720328' date='Nov 13 2008, 10:54 PM
i walk in to the lexus dealer here in manhattan.. i saw the is-f i the window so i just walked in to take a look... long story short .. i cant belive how this car is.. i drove this thing and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!... its alot cheaper then the bimmer.. the only thing thats killing me is the handeling part.. feels like the rear wants to just slid out from under me.. i took on the west side and gave it a spanking.. at about 80 the sales guy was getting worried i saw it in his face.. as i got to about 100 110 he must of riped the lether seats on the passenger side... but in all really nice car.. fast.. good looking.. but not a bimmer.. but i am looking in to this car... just wana get some feed back on this car and what some you guys think... thanks

after u buy that lexus and drive around for say 1,000 miles, you'll want to dump it and get yourself a bimmer... any bimmer.... these things get addictive
Old 11-15-2008, 08:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='720495' date='Nov 13 2008, 07:31 PM
You mean you could fit in that car? I found the Lexus' so tiny inside. My head was flush against the headliner of the G350 when I drove one. That one you drove is a nice car, but as everyone says...no bimmer.

Here's what I always asked myself when I was considering a different car after the M5: How will I feel when I see an E60 go by me on the road or when one pulls up next to me at a light? Will I feel regret or not? My answer was always REGRET. Once I determined that answer to my question, the rest was easy....well, not easy, but at least I knew I wanted an E60. Figuring out which one was a bit harder.
I passed by a local car dealer the other day to check out a nice 530i that caught my eye on my way to college. It looked soo sharp, so nice, so sweet, SO LOVELY. So i went inside the car just to compare it to my car's interior and to see if it had extra options than mine. As i was done, i went out of the car and put a HUGE SMILE ON MY FACE, just like that . The dealer looked at me and told me "why the big smile? you like the bimmer?" and i replied " I LOVE IT SO MUCH, that i didnt even notice the nice C350 parked just next to it"

So you see, even thought the new MB is hot, i still went directly to the E60 instead of thew powerfull C350. MAYBE ITS JUST ME
Old 11-15-2008, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Need you to do something, go drive a m5 right now and report back which one is the better car.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Joe, I once considered the Lexus GS430 before getting my 545i. If you want luxurious get the Lexus,
but if you want more fun, get the BMW. In the end, get one that tugs your gut, cuz you'll be the one driving it every day
Old 11-15-2008, 11:27 AM
Contributors

hmmmmm... how about you buy a lexus, save some money and upgrade the wife's car. or buy some new gadgets, or upgrade the house(interior,Electronics,etc...),garage.

Or even better, plan a gateaway to Europe with the wifey to some fancy place and spend some money on that.and if none of that suits you than BUY THE V10

Quick Reply: guys i know i want another bimmer but?????