The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Comparison with new Ford models

Old 12-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06' Black Saphire 530i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg with heated rear seats, Power sunshade, Logic 7 w/CD Changer, PDC, Fold down rear seats Mods* 19" Beyern Mesh wheels with Goodyear F1 pro A/S tires

So just out of curiosity has anyone tried out the ford fusion sport (would be something to compare against the 3 series) or the taurus SHO from Ford? Considering the Fusion won Car of the Year from Motor Trend which usually hated ford, I am curious how they compare.

I know the ford Sync system is probably the best electronic integration systems out right now, and the interior of those Fords look pretty spiffy, though I havent sat in them personally, just net shopping
Old 12-01-2009, 12:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Um a fusion does NOT compare to a 3 at all, u can buy two fusions for the price of a 3
Old 12-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Contributors

Found
On
Road
Dead

I did like ford at one time when I was a kid, but then the trans went out on my dads F150 long bed at 40k miles. The dealership and ford just said oh well. This was all right after katrina, so one car had went under. Right after all this went down, we went right over to the chevy dealership and picked up a new impala. If Ford would have done just about anything he would have bought another ford as in their fifth.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 645cic, 20" asanti wheel with KW Coilover Variant 3

How can you compare a FORD to BMW is like you are trying to compare a house in Beverly Hill and East LA or Toyota to a Ferrari there are no comparison, not from price and even performance
Old 12-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

The latest Fusion and Taurus are actually pretty good cars. Much like GM builds some excellent models outside the US, Ford does the same thing, and they're bringing a lot of this experience (and indeed some of the models) back to the US. The new Taurus is very good, it's really not that far down the totem pole from the 3 series (and BMW itself is already cheapening and diluting its own brand to some extent with the 1 series etc). Drive the Fords and you may be surprised. I'd certainly consider one.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by swajames' post='1066012' date='Dec 1 2009, 07:34 PM
Drive the Fords... I'd certainly consider one.
Top 5.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='1066030' date='Dec 1 2009, 06:09 PM
Top 5.
Hey - I'm a man of the people!
Old 12-02-2009, 05:02 AM
Members

My Ride: 06' Black Saphire 530i, Premium Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg with heated rear seats, Power sunshade, Logic 7 w/CD Changer, PDC, Fold down rear seats Mods* 19" Beyern Mesh wheels with Goodyear F1 pro A/S tires

Originally Posted by swajames' post='1066033' date='Dec 1 2009, 09:11 PM
Hey - I'm a man of the people!

I have owned 5 different fords over the years and all of them were completely problem free (cant say the same about the 1 dodge i owned though). Take a look at the feature list, size of vehicle, HP ratings, etc and you will see those ford models do realtively match up against the BMW 3 (fusion sport) and the 5 series (taurus SHO).

Its not about price, its about what ya get for the money, just like the mazdaspeed3 was shown to have equal or better build quality to a bmw 335, handling felt near identical, and it is half the price with similar options.

Dont get me wrong, I love the feel of my e60, but people need to give other car manufacturers a chance, just because its american built does NOT mean its not a quality vehicle, the fusion beat out BMW (and everyone else) for the motor trend car of the year even

I am not looking for folks bashing american cars, just wondering if anyone has test driven the new fords, and can compare then, i expect the interior to stack up, its mostly the handling and "feel" that I could see being the distinguishing factor.

As to a comparison to a house in beverly hills to one somewhere else, that is a good analogy, in Beverly Hills for 2 million dollars you get a 2000 square foot hovel and are disturbed by the papparazi all the time. In the country that same 2 million would get you a sprawling 10,000 square foot mansion, cleaner air, room for all the cars, and some peace and quiet . I do admit to being baffled why folks want to live in California though lol, who wants to pay 500,000 dollars for a 1500 square foot house!

I am mainly looking for a possible "temporary" car to hold me over till the f10's start coming off of lease and are affordable for us regular joe's hehe.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:22 AM
Contributors

my 94 bronco had 170K miles on it and gave me less trouble then my new 535.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 645cic, 20" asanti wheel with KW Coilover Variant 3

Originally Posted by pantherfan69' post='1066308' date='Dec 2 2009, 10:02 AM
I have owned 5 different fords over the years and all of them were completely problem free (cant say the same about the 1 dodge i owned though). Take a look at the feature list, size of vehicle, HP ratings, etc and you will see those ford models do realtively match up against the BMW 3 (fusion sport) and the 5 series (taurus SHO).

Its not about price, its about what ya get for the money, just like the mazdaspeed3 was shown to have equal or better build quality to a bmw 335, handling felt near identical, and it is half the price with similar options.

Dont get me wrong, I love the feel of my e60, but people need to give other car manufacturers a chance, just because its american built does NOT mean its not a quality vehicle, the fusion beat out BMW (and everyone else) for the motor trend car of the year even

I am not looking for folks bashing american cars, just wondering if anyone has test driven the new fords, and can compare then, i expect the interior to stack up, its mostly the handling and "feel" that I could see being the distinguishing factor.

As to a comparison to a house in beverly hills to one somewhere else, that is a good analogy, in Beverly Hills for 2 million dollars you get a 2000 square foot hovel and are disturbed by the papparazi all the time. In the country that same 2 million would get you a sprawling 10,000 square foot mansion, cleaner air, room for all the cars, and some peace and quiet . I do admit to being baffled why folks want to live in California though lol, who wants to pay 500,000 dollars for a 1500 square foot house!

I am mainly looking for a possible "temporary" car to hold me over till the f10's start coming off of lease and are affordable for us regular joe's hehe.
O'well i guess you guy are right i guess we are seeing a better cars that are coming out from america now a day! and i don't think BMW are going to make the F10 to be more affordalbe to everyone. If they want to make it more affordable, they will have to come up with a (-1 series)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Comparison with new Ford models