The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Which car intimidates you on the road?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 2006 alpine white decota beige interior, GPS, Active steer, Adaptive lamps,rear blinds electric,side blinds

hi everybody,

I know nothing comes near e60.Still some cars could intimidate you while on the road.For eg,the other day,I felt the Bentely continental GT was awesome as it breezed past me.At least in some respect it was a greater car.Whats ur thought on this?Pl share.

cheers,
jay
Old 12-18-2006, 07:52 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 07' 550i sport; Sapphire Black/Auburn; sport package; steptronic; navigation with R.T.T.I.; heads up; cold weather package; Logic-7; BMW MOST ipod kit; Motorola V3 snap-in adapter; rear heated seats and rear shades; anthracite headliner; sirrius sat. radio; M-aero kit; OEM style 166 Wheels with 245/35-19 front and 285/30-19 rear Michelin PS2s.

Basically any exotic is intimidating. The grumble of the engine, a roofline so low that it barely makes it into your rearview and headlights a mile apart from each other. But we are in sedans. The only sedans/coupes that intimidate me are M cars and AMG cars because I know that no matter how good I am in judging traffic patterns, stopping distances and available traction, they are always going to toast me on an open stretch of road. And they go so fast, so easily that even grandpa in his xx55 will punch it up to 125+ for a second or two.

Not to hijack the post, but I'll tell you which BMW competitior intimidates me the least: Audi. They push the quattro mystique so hard that many Audi people really believe that in any inclement weather, any Audi dominates every rear drive BMW. Quattro is better in snow than X drive (at the cost of dry weather handling), and of course any all wheel drive car will put power the ground more sucessfully in slippery conditions, but what the quattro fans can't appreciate is the confidence in your car to push it to 9 or 10/10th even in the wet. I feel that way in sport package BMWs. The summer tires and the 50/50 weight balance combined with a sports chassis that really talks to you allows you to round corners faster in slippery conditions (especially with the safety net of DSC). I love whipping audis on back roads in the rain...if for nothing more than the looks on the drivers' faces, like their thinking "is the quattro feature not on"?

DRP
Old 12-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 530XI Sapphire Black, Black Int. 6sp, Cold, Prem

1970 Pontiac TransAm with a 455 HO engine.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jrsamps' post='368706' date='Dec 18 2006, 05:05 PM
1970 Pontiac TransAm with a 455 HO engine.
Don't know much positive about US cars sorry to say but willing to learn therefore, serious question: How does it perform other than in a straight level line (of which we have few in Europe)?

ABC
Old 12-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Members

Its too bad one can't just enjoy the benefits of these cars instead of asking so much of them to make them feel better about themselves.

Now this fella was intimidating!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:26 AM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Anything that says "POLICE" on it....... You know they are not there for your health!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jagman' post='368713' date='Dec 18 2006, 05:26 PM
Anything that says "POLICE" on it....... You know they are not there for your health!
Oh? I thought they WERE!

ABC
Old 12-18-2006, 10:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i 2006 alpine white decota beige interior, GPS, Active steer, Adaptive lamps,rear blinds electric,side blinds

Originally Posted by 550isport' post='368700' date='Dec 18 2006, 11:52 AM
Basically any exotic is intimidating. The grumble of the engine, a roofline so low that it barely makes it into your rearview and headlights a mile apart from each other. But we are in sedans. The only sedans/coupes that intimidate me are M cars and AMG cars because I know that no matter how good I am in judging traffic patterns, stopping distances and available traction, they are always going to toast me on an open stretch of road. And they go so fast, so easily that even grandpa in his xx55 will punch it up to 125+ for a second or two.

Not to hijack the post, but I'll tell you which BMW competitior intimidates me the least: Audi. They push the quattro mystique so hard that many Audi people really believe that in any inclement weather, any Audi dominates every rear drive BMW. Quattro is better in snow than X drive (at the cost of dry weather handling), and of course any all wheel drive car will put power the ground more sucessfully in slippery conditions, but what the quattro fans can't appreciate is the confidence in your car to push it to 9 or 10/10th even in the wet. I feel that way in sport package BMWs. The summer tires and the 50/50 weight balance combined with a sports chassis that really talks to you allows you to round corners faster in slippery conditions (especially with the safety net of DSC). I love whipping audis on back roads in the rain...if for nothing more than the looks on the drivers' faces, like their thinking "is the quattro feature not on"?

DRP
Good reasoning ! true,AMGs and Ma can make u feel bit low !
Old 12-18-2006, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

No car intimidates me. Who cares if another car is more expensive, faster, better looking, or has an incredible female in the passenger seat? But, really, why would anyone care about any of these things, including the last one. There are lots of incredible females--plenty to go around for incredible males and even some lesser males.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:25 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Znod' post='368751' date='Dec 18 2006, 07:14 PM
No car intimidates me.
Spoken like a true <fill in the blank>

Be positive!

ABC

Quick Reply: Which car intimidates you on the road?