The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Bad experience at the Infiniti dealership

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,

My Inifiniti FX35 lease was up on Friday so I scheduled an appointment to have the car inspected and returned. The car has only 33000 Km and the body itself is in mint condition. I thought to myself, before I went to the dealership, this should be a quick inspection and I should walk out without paying a single dollar. Well, I was wrong.

They had 3 people checked out the car, took about 15 minutes. One of them happened to be the owner of the dealership. By the end of the inspection they informed me that 2 of my front tires are worn out and cannot meet the resale safty standards. Hence, I have to pay to get two new tires for them. After some negoitations, I ended up paying $460 for 2 tires.

Anyways, I am just here to vent. $460 is not a lot of money but I seriously doubt they would exchange those tires before selling the car. I am not an aggressive driver and 33000K is very minimal. I think this is just one way for them to rip off a customer. If I were getting a new M from them they will not charge me anything. Let this be a lesson learned for some of our fellow members here.

Furthermore, my other theory is that if my car has more mileage in it, say 60K, the dealership will likely send back to Infiniti Canada and they will be a lot easier on the inspection. But since my car is so new, the dealership wants to keep the car for resell. Hence, they try to squeeze every dollar out from me to enhance the resale value of the car.

I have not had any luck this year with the car dealerships. My BMW is still on the way, no sign of it arriving anytime soon.

In case someone live in Toronto, I went to the Willowdale Infiniti.

The wait for my E60 is killing me......
Old 06-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Unless the tires were below legal requirements then surely its just a wear and tear item? I can understand it if the tires were illegal, but if this was just because they looked worn (and based on your point that they probably won't even change them I'm guessing they must be basically legal) then that's a very different proposition. You should consider talking to Infiniti - particularly ifthey don't change the tires as it's then verging on fraudulent in my book. I actually came to BMW after a poor experience with an Infiniti dealer here in the Bay Area, I had a G35 coupe and after a lackluster visit to the dealer I popped round to the BMW dealership next door and left in a new 545!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='292316' date='Jun 4 2006, 11:18 AM
Unless the tires were below legal requirements then surely its just a wear and tear item? I can understand it if the tires were illegal, but if this was just because they looked worn (and based on your point that they probably won't even change them I'm guessing they must be basically legal) then that's a very different proposition. You should consider talking to Infiniti - particularly ifthey don't change the tires as it's then verging on fraudulent in my book. I actually came to BMW after a poor experience with an Infiniti dealer here in the Bay Area, I had a G35 coupe and after a lackluster visit to the dealer I popped round to the BMW dealership next door and left in a new 545!
I know what you mean. However, I just don't have time to check up on the dealership and definitely not worth the hassle to go through any lawsuits. Those people understand that 99% of their customers are in similar positions so they can rip us off whenever they have a chance to. Well, even though I liked my Infiniti, I will never go back to that dealship and will certainly recommend all of my friends and collegues to stay away from them. That is the least I can do anyways.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 E90 M3

Originally Posted by arthurk' post='292305' date='Jun 4 2006, 10:30 AM
In case someone live in Toronto, I went to the Willowdale Infiniti.

The wait for my E60 is killing me......
I've also had pretty dismal service at two different Infiniti dealerships (willowdale and agincourt) in Toronto. I find their technicians to be especially bad - leaving dirt/oil marks all over the place, or never get the job done right. Just horrible.
I own a FX too
Old 06-09-2006, 06:00 AM
Members

Originally Posted by alpineweiss' post='294743' date='Jun 8 2006, 06:49 PM
I've also had pretty dismal service at two different Infiniti dealerships (willowdale and agincourt) in Toronto. I find their technicians to be especially bad - leaving dirt/oil marks all over the place, or never get the job done right. Just horrible.
I own a FX too
No kidding.....even though Infiniti makes pretty nice cars, their services at the dealerships are just horrible. Some of my friends experienced similar issues. I have never had such problems with Mercedes. The same goes for BMW....I hope.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Silver BMW 530i Premium Package, Sports Package, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Sun Shades, iPod Retrofit kit, M-Tech Kit, OEM Style 172 Wheels

I've not had 1 good experience to date with an Infinity dealer's Sales dept.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by x550-ed' post='303749' date='Jun 27 2006, 12:12 AM
I've not had 1 good experience to date with an Infinity dealer's Sales dept.
Ditto Ditto Ditto.
I own a G35. I went in THree times to purchase an M45 at all the Infiniti dealerships in the PHX, Scottsdale area. I loved the car. Got one price from the saleman in an email but when I arrived his number were mysteriously wrong. They could not explain where the extra $3,900 came from in the lease. One dealership said they had 4 just like what I wanted. I got there and they had NO M45's Sports. But they could get one from Califonia and it would cost a little more.
So I purchased a 550i. Absolutely the best purchasing expirience I had. Of course most of the negociating began on the internet. No games, No back and forth B/S.
I started my 5 month quest lusting after the M45 Sport and got a car finally that isn't "as good" or "Just Like" as a BMW because it is.
I know nothing about the service at the BMW Dealership but all I know its free and they do have BMW loaners.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Members

Smile

I have actially just came from freshallow.com and posted this there as well, I can't say that I'm surprised to see the number of complaints people have with Willowdale infinity. Anyhow here is my story:

I have a new G35 coupe and 2005 Maxima in my family. I live close to the Willowdale dealership which is the only reason why I took my car for service there. These guys have so much business that they don't give a flying F*(&#@ about anyone.

I had so many problems with them that I had to call the better business buroe, infinity USA and Infinity Canada.

Mike Faulkenberg is the "owner" of the dealership which I had to deal with. He is the biggest liar you will ever meet. He will tell you things in your face and the next day deny that he ever said it Actually it?s his daddy who owns the dealership but he liked to call him self the owner. It is extremely hard to get a hold of that guy, I have left over 10 voice messages on his answering machine as well as with his receptionist over the period of 2 months! But when I showed up to personally see him; he said he never received anything.

They damaged my car and didn't want to take any responsibility for it! After I contacted Infinity Canada, Mark said he will fix it but he will need some time. I waited over 6 months!!! Until I decided to sue him.

I had so many problems with Willowdale Infinity that I do not know where to start.

1. Theft of personal property form the vehicle
2. Damaged the vehicle while in their possession for service
3. Didn't want to admit the damage
4. Told me the part wasn't covered under warranty but when I went to the downtown infinity dealership, it was suddenly covered
5. Mark Faulkenberg or what ever his name is, is the biggest crook! Lier! and Scam artist. Totally useless and has no respect for his customers unless they are about to buy a vehicle from him then watch how nice he suddenly is.
6. Service Manager is a total Moron; he can't distinguish his own face from his ass!
7. Service always took days and weeks longer than the downtown or Richmond hill location!
8. Dealership looks like crap! They had some old coffee machine that was all dirty, for an infinity dealership this is disrespectful! Sisley of HONDA looks 100 times better than Willowdale Infinity!
9. No respect what so ever
10. They will pull as much money as they possibly can when you go for service to them.