The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

another award for audi

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 05:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The "World Car of the Year" award is just the latest in a whole string of accolades which the latest Audi A6 has already captured in its debut year in the motoring arena: other titles include the "Auto Trophy" from Auto Zeitung, "Auto1" from Auto Bild, the "Golden Steering Wheel" presented by the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, "The Best Cars / Luxury Category" as voted by auto motor und sport readers as well as the "Yellow Angel" presented by the German motoring association ADAC, to name but just a few of the prestigious awards won in Germany alone. Such credits have justifiably earned the Audi A6 its mantle as one of the most successful instant hits of all time, with both the press and public alike.

STILL PSCHYED TO GET THE BIMMER ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE NICE FOR IT TO WIN SOME AWARDS!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by montreal canuck' date='Feb 28 2005, 03:16 AM
The "World Car of the Year" award is just the latest in a whole string of accolades which the latest Audi A6 has already captured in its debut year in the motoring arena: other titles include the "Auto Trophy" from Auto Zeitung, "Auto1" from Auto Bild, the "Golden Steering Wheel" presented by the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, "The Best Cars / Luxury Category" as voted by auto motor und sport readers as well as the "Yellow Angel" presented by the German motoring association ADAC, to name but just a few of the prestigious awards won in Germany alone. Such credits have justifiably earned the Audi A6 its mantle as one of the most successful instant hits of all time, with both the press and public alike.

STILL PSCHYED TO GET THE BIMMER ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE NICE FOR IT? TO WIN SOME AWARDS!!!
[snapback]95106[/snapback]
Is it just me or does the A6 look like hell ?
Old 02-27-2005, 05:33 PM
Members

Originally Posted by manc5' date='Feb 27 2005, 09:29 PM
[quote name='montreal canuck' date='Feb 28 2005, 03:16 AM']The "World Car of the Year" award is just the latest in a whole string of accolades which the latest Audi A6 has already captured in its debut year in the motoring arena: other titles include the "Auto Trophy" from Auto Zeitung, "Auto1" from Auto Bild, the "Golden Steering Wheel" presented by the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, "The Best Cars / Luxury Category" as voted by auto motor und sport readers as well as the "Yellow Angel" presented by the German motoring association ADAC, to name but just a few of the prestigious awards won in Germany alone. Such credits have justifiably earned the Audi A6 its mantle as one of the most successful instant hits of all time, with both the press and public alike.

STILL PSCHYED TO GET THE BIMMER ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE NICE FOR IT? TO WIN SOME AWARDS!!!
Is it just me or does the A6 look like hell ?
[snapback]95107[/snapback]
[/quote]

THE CAR IS STILL SHARPER THAN PREVIOUS A6 AND THE INTERIOR IS AWESOM...BUT THE 545I IS A TRUE DRIVERS CAR WHICH IS WHY I DECIDED ON IT.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Contributors

The e60 won't get any awards like that, since it is not a new car this year. It was first introduced in 2003. That's when it could have gotten awards. I don't know if it did at that time.
Old 02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 525i w/ sports and premium pakage, titanium silver, gray dakota leather w/ polar grain wood trim, steptronic

who cares about damn award?????? e60 is e60!!!! and drivers no it its the best~~!!
Old 02-27-2005, 08:05 PM
Senior Members

jimmy912, sad to say, but a lot of people do care about awards . a lot of consumers read reviews and do research from internet and magazines before buying a product. not all of them know well about every single model. especially buying the second most expensive item (house being the most expensive) for most of people's life. they'll rely on reviews. i'm sure the new audi a6 will steal some potential e60 buyers. so does the e60 after a test drive. but some people still don't like the look of a e60, think a e class is a bit too much/mature and want a european car, then they'll go for the a6. there are always people out there think differently. they think a6 is the best car on the road ? doesn't bother me a bit . time will do the judgement . let them be the proud a6 owners and let us enjoy our e60 every single second, even by just looking at it .
Old 02-28-2005, 04:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by montreal canuck' date='Feb 27 2005, 09:16 PM

The 525d has just won the best "Executive Car" award in What Car? magazine. Unfortunately WC concentrate more on pricing and exhaust emmissions rather than how you can adjust the I- drive and do a powerslide simultaneousley!
Old 02-28-2005, 07:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

I don't know any new model in the executive class from audi bmw or merc that doesn't win awards when it's first launched.

E60 has been winning awards since launch. Don't be so selfish. Let others win theirs as well.

BMW is BMW. AUDI is AUDI. MERC is MERC. Certain people swear by certain cars. I will never by an E'class or A6 over a 5 Series. For lots of other people it's the other way round.

The truly undecided will buy anything as long as they think it's the car of the moment. They'd buy a Chrysler Crossfire over an M5 if it was seen as the car of the moment.

Enjoy your E60. It's the best car in the world.

It's just won the 'NOMAD CAR OF THE YEAR'