Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Warning BMW OF NEWPORT Warning

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009 | 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

1. I thought that jonoballer's writing style looked familiar before...

2. Why still no response from Garry?

3. Sounds like the OP is a little too emotional to handle a simple parts return with a mature organization. I'm not protecting Garry - I've never dealt with him before - but rather I'm making this conclusion based on what I've read in this thread.

4. It appears to me that this could have a. been completely avoided, b. was not necessary to blast Garry so much over the forum like this before letting him chime in on this issue publically and c. looks way too much like the thread blasting RPI

5. Is the forum under attack??? WTF is going on? I, for one, do blame the mods for this crap - one thread (the RPI one, specifically) is alright, but fueling this negative sensationalism - however passively... I can't say I'm pleased with the amount of mods' involvement here - at least publically.

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813
I agree that some members are a bit quick to judge. However, the OP is partial to blame.

First, he started out "DON'T BUY FROM GARRY ROMANI OR BMW OF NEWPORT!"; that's a bit too much. I think "Bad experience with Gary/BMW of Newport" is more sufficient.

Second, he didn't disclose enough info in his original post. I read a couple times and still didn't get it. When more details emerged, sounds like he has a reason to be upset.

Last but not least, we've only heard one side of the story so far.
The RPI bashing thread also presented an almost reasonable excuse to be upset, yet no one before or after that thread has EVER posted a bad experience with them AFAIK. I'm not stereotyping or anything, but this thread just smells fishy.

PS Ban Calton! woo-hoo
Old 10-21-2009 | 08:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by tbal' post='1037886' date='Oct 21 2009, 08:54 PM
+1 I've dealt with them and very smooth transactions, and really good prices... Perhaps just mis-communication
Same here. On one ocassion Garry caught the wrong part number I was ordering, and on another, told me to get the part locally because shipping is more than the price of the items.
Old 10-21-2009 | 09:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

IDK who Garry is but damn, the OP was flamed as a spammer, a banned member, and so on because he posted this thread in an angry state. Sure, his tone was rather heavy, but it doesn't make his experience any less valid... I'm glad at least a few people are interested to know the TRUTH! (Gene to name... 1)

To OP: Basically what I've taken from all of this... do some research on a person before you publicly criticize 'em...
Old 10-21-2009 | 10:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='1037919' date='Oct 22 2009, 12:40 AM
1. I thought that jonoballer's writing style looked familiar before...

2. Why still no response from Garry?

3. Sounds like the OP is a little too emotional to handle a simple parts return with a mature organization. I'm not protecting Garry - I've never dealt with him before - but rather I'm making this conclusion based on what I've read in this thread.

4. It appears to me that this could have a. been completely avoided, b. was not necessary to blast Garry so much over the forum like this before letting him chime in on this issue publically and c. looks way too much like the thread blasting RPI

5. Is the forum under attack??? WTF is going on? I, for one, do blame the mods for this crap - one thread (the RPI one, specifically) is alright, but fueling this negative sensationalism - however passively... I can't say I'm pleased with the amount of mods' involvement here - at least publically.

1. I don't know who you guys think I am? Another guy that got banned or something, I've always been Jonoballer, it's a paintball nickname from a paintball forum from back in the day tht stuk with me I guess. You can even check for yourself at pbnation.com

2. If you read the thread, there was reaponse from Garry and he basically hung up on me after a short conversation and refused to work anything out.

3. Before making any rational conclusions as you said, don't call me emotional because you obviously didn't bother to read the thread...

4. Garry wasn't put on blast. my intent was to tell everyone why i'm mad, and give evryone a heads up with them, your the one that's getting emotional defending somebody you don't even know

5. Don't know wth your talking about kiddo
Old 10-21-2009 | 10:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by danzanchy' post='1037943' date='Oct 22 2009, 01:04 AM
IDK who Garry is but damn, the OP was flamed as a spammer, a banned member, and so on because he posted this thread in an angry state. Sure, his tone was rather heavy, but it doesn't make his experience any less valid... I'm glad at least a few people are interested to know the TRUTH! (Gene to name... 1)

To OP: Basically what I've taken from all of this... do some research on a person before you publicly criticize 'em...

A simple thing blown out of proportion.

Welp, we learn from our mistakes, glad to see
there's a few people who aren't infantile
Old 10-21-2009 | 10:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by juris335' post='1037813' date='Oct 21 2009, 10:13 PM
My oh my. You guys are quicker to adopt the pack mentality than a bunch of Striped Hyenas. I bought a part from Gary and was pleased. The OP bought a part and was not pleased. That 100 customers are pleased does not mean it is impossible for one customer to be unpleased.

Why accuse him of being a banned member; a spammer; a phoney, without proof? One of our Moderators clearly stated that most of such accusations are not correct.

I thought we adopted a value for letting the Moderators moderate the Board and discourage the bullies from acting as policemen... Your unwarranted criticisms of the OP will certainly have a chilling affect on a number of potential posters.

Like I told the last guy, like little kids
Old 10-21-2009 | 10:36 PM
Contributors

Wink

ok ok, everybody listen up, I am a veteran member on this forum since 2007...I believe everyone is right. Gary where you at brotha? need you to response on here to see the other side of the story.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2009 | 10:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by futurerx06' post='1037989' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:36 AM
ok ok, everybody listen up, I am a veteran member on this forum since 2007...I believe everyone is right. Gary where you at brotha? need you to response on here to see the other side of the story.

Thanks

There's no point, I was just trying to give everyone a warning, some people got it, and some didn't, others took it the wrong way but case is closed he's shipping it back, I apreciate your help though
Old 10-21-2009 | 11:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037978' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:09 AM
1. I don't know who you guys think I am? Another guy that got banned or something, I've always been Jonoballer, it's a paintball nickname from a paintball forum from back in the day tht stuk with me I guess. You can even check for yourself at pbnation.com
1. Maybe I jumped the gun on implying that you are misrepresenting who you are - if so, I apologize.
Old 10-21-2009 | 11:47 PM
Contributors

Look, I wrote below responses, but am now reconsidering my tone. I'll post them anyway, but I want you to know that I'm not trying to fight you - my intentions were - and remain - to find out what is really the deal with Garry and if there's any foul play, to expose it if at all possible. That being said, if you would like to see responses to what you responded to me with, here you go:

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037978
3. Before making any rational conclusions as you said, don't call me emotional because you obviously didn't bother to read the thread...

4. Garry wasn't put on blast. my intent was to tell everyone why i'm mad, and give evryone a heads up with them, your the one that's getting emotional defending somebody you don't even know
3 and 4. Maybe next time you don't go straight to making a statement like "Don't buy from Garry of BMW of Newport!!!", but rather try to use the forum to resolve your issue, you'll get more help and less fire. And that's what I was talking about when I said "emotional" - don't catch feelings on me, we're all trying to help YOU here, actually! WTF people that know me personally on here won't lie: if you called me on the phone and asked me to help you resolve this issue, I'd spend a week on the phone with Garry - or anyone else - just to help out. Even if I didn't know you that well! What are you coming at me for?! Because I'm trying to be objective? I'm not defending anyone - I'm just trying to find out what really happened. And hey, if Garry was a dick, I won't ever buy from him myself - I'm not biased, just want to know what happened. You've told several people in this thread to grow up and yet you handled this situation like a little kid - really, need I continue?

Originally Posted by Jonoballer' post='1037978' date='Oct 22 2009, 02:09 AM
5. Don't know wth your talking about kiddo
5. Kiddo... I wish, bro!

Quick Reply: Warning BMW OF NEWPORT Warning