Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Unhappy with Trinity

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 08:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 550, premium, sport, nav, bluetooth, satellite, cold, M5/Mtech front bumper and side skirts, matte black kidney grilles, M5 fender grilles, M5 mirrors, euro stickers, 35% tint, 20" Miro 111s (summer), 18" VMR VB3s w/ 10 mm H&R spacers (winter)

I realize I will probably be banned from this forum before many of you will read this. However, I just felt like getting it off of my chest. Firt off, I understand many members here have purchased from Trinity and the service has been nothing but top notch. In fact, I have ordered from them, in the past, and the experience was great (great product, quick shipping, and easy to deal with). However, I was very surprised with my most recent experience. I had been pricing 10 mm spacers, for both front and back, for my winter setup. I had sent out a few emails requesting a quote. Of course, I sent a PM to Nerweezy and he provided a quote that was lower than what I had received from two other vendors. Mind you, before looking for spacers, I had no idea how much they would cost. But, because Trinity had the best price and I had dealt with them before, I decided to go with them.

I sent payment, etc... When I communicated, with another vendor that I got a cheper price on H&R spacers and told him the price, he commented that I better check to make sure that it is for (4) spacers and not (2). I looked back through my communications with Nerweezy and he only mentioned that it was for a "set", which he later confirmed wss only for (2). I just assumed a "pair" would be (2) and a "set" would be (4). My mistake for making the assumption. I should've been more clear up front. So the day after I sent payment I shot Nerweezy a PM and apologized for my misunderstanding and said I simply can't afford to get (4) at this time and asked that he refund my payment. His response was that he talked to his boss and his boss said that becuase I had already ordered the spacers that I can either take the spacers or pay a 20% restocking fee. Keep in mind the spacers hadn't been shipped yet. I understand they probably order from another distributor and may not stock them. But I'm guessing 10mm H&R spacers aren't going to sit on the shelf for years. Maybe I'm wrong.

Again, I know that probably 99% of transactions are good ones and I'm certainly not disparaging them as a vendor. I believe they are probably one of the better vendors available to e60 owners. I guess I was just surprised, given their reputation, that they wouldn't refund my payment, given that the spacers weren't even shipped yet. I don't really want to put just two spacers on, especially, since I could've gotten all four from another vendor at a lower price. Perhaps this is just a normal practice... once you place the order it's yours... and I shouldn't be upset about it. Anyway, take my comments for what they're worth and feel free to blast me if I'm out of line.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport package- Sapphire black

Your not out of line bro. You just wanted your money back that's all.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Are you positive they hadn't shipped yet? Sorry to hear about your experience. Definitely, if they hadn't shipped yet or been processed by H&R you should have received a refund.

Perhaps we don't know the back story here from Trinity?

Michael
Old 10-24-2010, 09:12 AM
Members

This should be interesting
Old 10-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550, premium, sport, nav, bluetooth, satellite, cold, M5/Mtech front bumper and side skirts, matte black kidney grilles, M5 fender grilles, M5 mirrors, euro stickers, 35% tint, 20" Miro 111s (summer), 18" VMR VB3s w/ 10 mm H&R spacers (winter)

Originally Posted by acuteperformance
Are you positive they hadn't shipped yet? Sorry to hear about your experience. Definitely, if they hadn't shipped yet or been processed by H&R you should have received a refund.

Perhaps we don't know the back story here from Trinity?

Michael
Yes, positive. After Nerweezy said they wouldn't refund, I asked for a tracking number. His response was that he'd provide it once they shipped out.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:47 AM
Members

Paypal Refund costs nothing, don't see any reason why your money can't be refunded...
Old 10-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

In defense of trinity, it can be aggravating dealing with returns cause of someone changing their mind.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Its not your fault that it was probably an item they did not have in stock and had to order from a distributor, who then ships to Trinity, who then ships to you. That's their own issue and the 20% restock fee shouldn't be something swallowed by the consumer who changed their mind prior to shipping. Thats just the cost of doing business. That 20% might save a business some money short-term, but it'll cost you a customer, bad word of mouth, and a lot more money lost in the long run.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Its not your fault that it was probably an item they did not have in stock and had to order from a distributor, who then ships to Trinity, who then ships to you. That's their own issue and the 20% restock fee shouldn't be something swallowed by the consumer who changed their mind prior to shipping. Thats just the cost of doing business. That 20% might save a business some money short-term, but it'll cost you a customer, bad word of mouth, and a lot more money lost in the long run.

+10000
Old 10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Agreed

Quick Reply: Unhappy with Trinity