5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Buyer & Seller Feedback (https://5series.net/forums/buyer-seller-feedback-34/)
-   -   Umnitza's Customer Support is lacking IMO... (https://5series.net/forums/buyer-seller-feedback-34/umnitzas-customer-support-lacking-imo-148303/)

Alpine003 03-15-2018 10:17 AM

Umnitza's Customer Support is lacking IMO...

The short is I ordered a E61 M rear bumper from Umnitza with the PDC option.

It arrived without it.

I messaged them and tried to handle it offline. But after a few exchanges with no resolution they've gone silent, I figured I'd warn others about my experience.

1. They acknowledged I did place the correct order for the PDC option.

2. They admitted they made a mistake in sending the bumper without the PDC option.

But rather than them fixing their screw-up, they wanted me to fix it. Rather strange if you ask me.

They try to tell me it's a 10 min process and I would just have to buy a stepped drill bit from eBay. They automatically assume I'm a hands on guy that's done this before and I have a drill, not to mention the aptitude/skillset/time to carry this out which not everyone has.

That's like if I took my car in for an oil change and I found a leak and called Service tech to only have him admit one of his techs forgot to the tighten the oil bolt. But then proceeding to tell me it's an easy fix and I can just go out to Sears to buy a $10 socket set and get under the car and tighten the bolt myself in less than 5 min.

I'm sure you see see the principal here.

My body shop is quoting me an extra hour to take care of this(they only go by hour increments regardless how long it takes them).

So if you're thinking of buying this bumper from them, buyer beware. If you're still willing to give these guys a benefit of the doubt, make sure and verify/emphasize you're getting the correct bumper(shouldn't have to).

KyleB 03-15-2018 12:10 PM

Yep, sounds about right. They're very helpful during the sales process, but as soon as the money is in thier hands good friggin' luck if you encounter a problem. I had a similar experience with a defective part I received from them last year. I won't order from them again.

GTYellowJacket 03-17-2018 03:51 PM

Sounds like it’s time to dispute the charge with your credit card company until you receive the right part and a pre-paid return shipping label.

BesE60 03-17-2018 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by KyleB (Post 1594444)
Yep, sounds about right. They're very helpful during the sales process, but as soon as the money is in thier hands good friggin' luck if you encounter a problem. I had a similar experience with a defective part I received from them last year. I won't order from them again.

I fell for their bumper shipping + paint. Thing started getting undone immediately and when I mentioned it... 'its been done by different shops now no more problems'

Seems like a group just making a quick buck. Ive learned you get what you pay for