Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Umnitza - WORST EVER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545 Jet Black, Miro 111's, Painted Calipers, Slotted and Drilled Rotors, Ultimate Interior LED Kit, ACS Rear Spoilers (reps), HID 7k Fogs, Black Roundels and Badges, 20% Tint, Mtech V2 Angel Eyes, Ksport Coilovers, M5 Bumpers and Side Skits, ACS Front Lip (rep), and probably more on the way as you read this...

Let me start by saying that everything having to do with this company is piss poor, from customer service, to shipping and handling, to quality of product! How are these clowns even in business? With all the praises you can find about other vendors on this site, please don't make the mistake I did with Umnitza, since it's just not worth it. This isn?t the play-by-play, as there is much more to this saga, but you?ll get the point.

The order and customer service:
I pre-ordered the M5-Tech kit in late August ?10, and the quad exhaust shortly after in early September ?10. I didn?t receive my parts when they were promised and had to contact customer service many times to find out what was going on. At no point in time did they offer to refund me and cancel the order, they just simply gave me the run-around. Each time I needed an update, I was the one initiating the contact. The M5-Tech kit was not delivered until November and the exhaust not until December. They Greyhound method of shipping was aweful. I ordered the front lip/spoiler for the bodykit since nobody else makes one that will fit, and this time I contacted customer service to make sure it was delivered to my house instead of a Greyhound station. I paid extra for the home delivery. The lip gets sent out via standard Greyhound and I have to rent a truck once again to pick it up, since this won?t fit in my car. I contact customer service and tell them about the mistake and to refund me the additional shipping that I paid. They respond that it?s already been paid, which it wasn?t. I file a PayPal claim for these funds and Umnitza immediately rejects it. The exhaust was not as advertised and for a brief time Umnitza claimed they would at least pay for new tips to be installed, but they never responded when I followed up with the cost.

The products:
Once my M5-Tech kit is ready to be sent I am notified that they do not have the proper size PDC holes in the bumpers. I ask about it and they assure me that it?s super easy to just cut them out and I should just have my painter do it (they claim it should cost nothing, or maybe $25 if there is a charge). I ask Umnitza to cut them out for me since it?s so easy, to which they reply ?no.?
The front lip had to be significantly sanded in several areas so it would fit as it is supposed to and not look like crap.
I take the exhaust to an exhaust shop and not only are the tips different than advertised, but it?s 3.5? short on the right side. The exhaust shop had to make an extension so the right side would fit. This was allegedly custom made for our cars?. The hangers for Umnitza?s exhaust were cheap and not made to last, so I had the exhaust shop install new ones. Since the tips were cheap looking and ?cut? instead of ?rolled? as advertised, I had new tips installed.

Side note: Umnitza claims the rolled tips will desinegrate over time. I don?t believe this, but for those of you that got the rolled tips (which they advertised all exhausts as having), I?d contact Umnitza ASAP.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

I think Umnitza should get banned! they have such a negative feedback all over forums. I wish there was a feedback scale like on EBAY to show who these seller are, for all vendors.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Trinity FTMFW!!!!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Contributors

Trinity sucks in prices but service is good

Umnitza will probably chime in here that 99% of the customers are happy and just dont say anything which is true, most dont. However; unhappy customers are far more vocal and as long as they arent asking for anything absurd its best to handle it right away
Old 05-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

...ghosts of QUAD-M...
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

I got my m5tech front, m5 skirts, and mtech rear from Umnitza and everything went great. Matt called me directly to confirm my order after i paid via paypal and was very nice on the phone. I had a few fitment issues but he was quick to email me back with how to make it work some trimming required etc. . Greyhound worked out perfect for me took the pickup down to my station 15 mins away. Took about a 10 days to ship to NY from Cali but hey thats normal. I have nothing bad to say about them but everyone has different experiences. I would not hesitate to deal with Umnitza again.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've made two purchases from Umnitza in the past and haven't had any bad experiences with them yet.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: e46, e39, is250

Unfortunately, you are just a minority to the 20,000+ customers that have been happy - consistently purchasing products from Umnitza.

Originally Posted by No Onions
Let me start by saying that everything having to do with this company is piss poor, from customer service, to shipping and handling, to quality of product!
So, just a quick question. do you still have these "piss poor" products installed on your car? what about the other community members on the forum?

How are these clowns even in business? With all the praises you can find about other vendors on this site, please don't make the mistake I did with Umnitza, since it's just not worth it. This isn?t the play-by-play, as there is much more to this saga, but you?ll get the point.
These so-called "clowns" are in business because they don't let feisty, hormonal "enthusiast" like you ruin their streak. So what, you have a bad phone call with the staff and the first thing you do is jump on the forum like a madman and rant deviously to most people that won't even care? Have you not thought about containing yourself in a classy manner by ... i dunno, communication better? Sounds like you have an issue.

Umnitza is a vendor on this forum for a reason. why don't you calm down and think about it?

The order and customer service:
I pre-ordered the M5-Tech kit in late August ?10, and the quad exhaust shortly after in early September ?10. I didn?t receive my parts when they were promised and had to contact customer service many times to find out what was going on.
"Many" is pretty vague. If i have two kittens, and they take a shit in my 5 series, i could say they took a shit many times. kinda weird, huh. Yet exactly how did Umnitza "promise" you? pinky promise through the phone? did they sign you something like a deed/contract/deal/whatever?

If it's taking you "many" times to find out what was wrong, it seems to me like you're doing it wrong.

At no point in time did they offer to refund me and cancel the order, they just simply gave me the run-around.
holy crap. this sentence deserved its own quote!
you better be fucking kidding me. i swear you'd be the worst businessman ever.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:11 PM
New Members

My Ride: e46, e39, is250

Each time I needed an update, I was the one initiating the contact. The M5-Tech kit was not delivered until November and the exhaust not until December.
well, i'm sure you would be the one contacting the vendor if you needed something.
does a grocery store call you if you need more milk?

They Greyhound method of shipping was aweful. I ordered the front lip/spoiler for the bodykit since nobody else makes one that will fit, and this time I contacted customer service to make sure it was delivered to my house instead of a Greyhound station. I paid extra for the home delivery. The lip gets sent out via standard Greyhound and I have to rent a truck once again to pick it up, since this won?t fit in my car.
hold on.. you RENTED a TRUCK to pick up a lip? don't be a b!tch, and make it fit. i could fit a set of wheels in my miata.

I contact customer service and tell them about the mistake and to refund me the additional shipping that I paid. They respond that it?s already been paid, which it wasn?t. I file a PayPal claim for these funds and Umnitza immediately rejects it. The exhaust was not as advertised and for a brief time Umnitza claimed they would at least pay for new tips to be installed, but they never responded when I followed up with the cost.

The products:
Once my M5-Tech kit is ready to be sent I am notified that they do not have the proper size PDC holes in the bumpers. I ask about it and they assure me that it?s super easy to just cut them out and I should just have my painter do it (they claim it should cost nothing, or maybe $25 if there is a charge). I ask Umnitza to cut them out for me since it?s so easy, to which they reply ?no.?
The front lip had to be significantly sanded in several areas so it would fit as it is supposed to and not look like crap.
I take the exhaust to an exhaust shop and not only are the tips different than advertised, but it?s 3.5? short on the right side. The exhaust shop had to make an extension so the right side would fit. This was allegedly custom made for our cars?. The hangers for Umnitza?s exhaust were cheap and not made to last, so I had the exhaust shop install new ones. Since the tips were cheap looking and ?cut? instead of ?rolled? as advertised, I had new tips installed.

Side note: Umnitza claims the rolled tips will desinegrate over time. I don?t believe this, but for those of you that got the rolled tips (which they advertised all exhausts as having), I?d contact Umnitza ASAP.

i'm tired, your rant makes me sleepy.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

I have not purchased anything from Umnitza even though I was planning to buy the M5tech kit from them since they're closer to where I live than Trinity. But as far as I know, Umnitza has pretty much answered all my questions so I cannot comment whether Umnitza is a bad vendor to deal with but Fela0303, for a moment there, I thought you were an alias of Umnitza since you just joined to add those comments. Sorry I didn't mean to offend you but that was the first impression I got when I read your replies.

Quick Reply: Umnitza - WORST EVER!!!!