Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Umnitza- POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545i

I placed an order with Umnitza on July 11th (last Monday). I ordered and paid for a M5 front bumper, sides, front lip, and grill. Up until the order was placed communication was great and things were find, after the order there was a lack of communication, no follow up on the trace/tracking number and confusion on all ends. Umnitza shipped my order without informing me that the front lip was not located in stock. I was told days after, with no indication of when it would be shipped. When I asked for a refund I was told to be patient and give them time, a few more days went by and I was told that they had no power and extremely swamped. I was eventually refunded. One of my gripes was the fact I was told the parts would be shipped the same day, only to find out later they weren't shipped until the 13th. I called into Umnitza for an update and got nothing. The gentleman that answered the phone (not Matt) responded "I'm not sure where your package is, we ship hundreds of bumpers out", I think its absurd to give a customer a response like that.I was told time and time again to check with "Pat" at Greygound yet she had no information in her system. Today is Friday, and after calling Greyhound they told me the items are still in transit and to check back next week. I don't see why it should take 2 weeks for the parts to arrive. I was told they could have the parts to Manhattan in a weeks time or less, and here I am approching two weeks. Each time I sent a message it was responded to and I've spoken to Matt a handfull of times on the phone. He wasn't rude or impolite but at the end of the day I am not happy with the transaction. I just want to warn anyone that is going to do business with them, that you should think twice. I regret not doing business with another vendor I was back and forth PMing, spending a little bit more but having great customer service, real tracking information and shipping. It's upsetting when the company has no idea if the package is at the depot or not. I was told the package may have been at the depot for 3 days meanwhile it is still in "transit". At this point if possible I would prefer a refund, this has been the worst customer service I've had online thus far.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:44 PM
Members

I received a call today from greyhound saying my parts arrived today, and the rep also told me there were various inquiries by Umnitza trying to locate/track the product so I do appreciate that. The overall two weeks was long for me, but now its over.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW M5

FYI, umnitza is in california and you are in new york, so that's why it took so long via greyhound. your package more than likely did not ride on the same bus all the way across the county. its very possible your package was transferred between 4-5 different buses along the way. also the buses make multiple stops.
Old 07-29-2011, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by saltdog
FYI, umnitza is in california and you are in new york, so that's why it took so long via greyhound. your package more than likely did not ride on the same bus all the way across the county. its very possible your package was transferred between 4-5 different buses along the way. also the buses make multiple stops.

^What he said. I ordered bumpers and full body kit from umnitza on two different occasions. I live in NYC as well and received my items at Jamaica Queens Greyhound station within 7 days. Matt himself tracked the item for me and PM'd me when it was in Jamaica, Queens NY station. Sometimes it just takes time to get to us cross country. But once they do receive the money, they have it shipped out asap. Also last I talked to Matt @ umnitza, I was informed that their shipping dates vary now due to high shipping cost. They ship I believe once or twice a week in bulk by greyhound so that may be the reason why your shipment was delayed. But I am glad you received your stuff
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Members

Yea things ended up working out, had I been prepared for the 2 weeks wait time it would have been better.
Old 10-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Members

I waited for two weeks too, i ordered mtech rep front and sides. Only to find out they messed up and shipped me an m5tech ... It's an hour and a half drive for me to reach the pick up location, please Umnitza.. please reply me would ya..? I waited for my shipment for over 2 weeks to find out you guys sent me the wrong part. This is frustrating..
Old 10-07-2011, 06:38 AM
Members
Senior Members

I messed up the front of my car going to need a new bumper soon, Umnitza was my 1st choice should i look somewhere else ?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tnycman
I messed up the front of my car going to need a new bumper soon, Umnitza was my 1st choice should i look somewhere else ?
Trinity
Old 10-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Cwest
Trinity
+1000000000
Old 10-27-2011, 05:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by tnycman
I would check all sources and make up my own mind. When I read the OP I sense the frustration, anxiety and excitement of getting the new parts in and getting them installed on the car. I too was excited! The wait can be bothersome and annoying, and then not to mention the risk as with any supplier/shipper that the wrong part arrives or there is damage only to make you go crazy. I can?t imagine how much faster a trucking company would have gotten to the destination? I purchased from Umnitza and overall I am pleased. The shipping did take longer to the east coast than I thought, but I was not in a big hurry, just excited to get it. The overall cost of the package with greyhound shipping was worth the wait in my situation but not everyone. I am sure they can ship as anyone can via a truck, but this obviously affects cost. If someone needs a bumper tomorrow, maybe the best place to start is BMW OEM from a dealer, and I bet in most cases they couldn?t get you one the following day but most likely quicker. And the bottom line from what I hear, is that the replica bumper source is China and more than likely from the same tool. I am sure the manufacturer is not solely supplying any one distributer.

Quick Reply: Umnitza- POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE