Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Umnitza and Me!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: OLD RIDE- 2004 Titanium Silver Metallic 545I, Sports Package, 6 Speed Manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats. NEW RIDE- 2005 Silver Gray Metallic 545I, Sports package, 6 Speed manual Transmission, Premium Sound, Navigation, Cold Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Heated Rear Seats and Park Distance Control.

I made the mistake of ordering PIAA Angel Eyes from Umnitza on 12/25/2006. The item was described as "in stock" and price was reasonable, see following:

Order Number: 6003
Detailed Invoice: https://www.umnitza.com/account_history_inf...p?order_id=6003
Date Ordered: Monday 25 December, 2006

Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x PIAA SUPER WHITE LED (OE BMW Angel Eyes Upgrade) (PIAALED) = $119.99
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $119.99
Flat Rate (Best Way): $4.99
Total: $124.98

Next thing I know, I am talking to somebody from Umnitza, telling me that I should buy the "Umnitza Predator Angel Eyes" because it is much brighter, blah, blah.
I politely refuse then I am told that PIAA bulbs are not in stock. I am not in a hurry, so tell him I can wait. Now, he is really working me and after another 5 minutes of condescending BS, he tells me to wait for his email. About an hour or so later, I get the following email:

Order Number: 6003

Detailed Invoice: http://www.umnitza.com/account_history_inf...p?order_id=6003

The comments for your order are

Customer notified of back order.

Link for additional information if customer chooses to convert order to Predator ICE (3X brighter).

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthrea...ht=Predator+ICE

Your order has been updated to the following status.

New status: Shipped

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Happy that the item has shipped or will ship shortly, I forgive them for their crude
bait and switch tactic
and wait, and wait and............ On 1/8/2007, another email from Umnitza, as follows:

[i]Order Number: 6003

Detailed Invoice: http://www.umnitza.com/account_history_inf...p?order_id=6003

The comments for your order are

A package was shipped to you on 01/08/2007 via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail to the following address:

*&*&*&*&*&**&**&

The following optional services were used: None

The package's Delivery Confirmation ID is 9101805**********71725
As of today, still no bulbs. Have contacted them by phone 4 times and their chief apologist has been assigning the blame to the long weekend or the weather or PIAA, etc. The moral of the story, Umnitaz wants your business on their terms and if you don't play by their rules, you shall and will be SOL.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Good to know. Glad I haven't ordered anything from them and glad I went with AngeliBrights instead. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the bad experience.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Members

One of their guys, don't remember his name, hangs out in this forum, his member ID is umnitza
Why don't you try PM him explaining the situation. I'm sure they care about their business and don't want to get burned like this. Perhaps he can do something to fix the situation.

By the way, I think the price they gave you on those is pretty good. If you search at bavauto.com for those, you'll see that they have them going for $184.95 + shipping.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by MALEKMAN' post='380211
One of their guys, don't remember his name, hangs out in this forum, his member ID is umnitza
Why don't you try PM him explaining the situation. I'm sure they care about their business and don't want to get burned like this. Perhaps he can do something to fix the situation.

By the way, I think the price they gave you on those is pretty good. If you search at bavauto.com for those, you'll see that they have them going for $184.95 + shipping.
The price has NO reflection on the level of service we ALWAYS provide. We always care about the quality of our business to the customers. ALWAYS.

Here's something I wrote up in response to these inflammatory and often unnecessary threads on another forum after I got fed up enough with the rancor a little delay in shipping can cause:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread....ghlight=umnitza
Old 01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='380241' date='Jan 18 2007, 04:54 PM
Good to know. Glad I haven't ordered anything from them and glad I went with AngeliBrights instead. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry for the bad experience.
Screaming fire in a crowded theater aren't we?
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

HEY all of you, just please settle this in a normal way. I know not easy to get PIAA and many other things, but do not flame, be nice and agree this is secondly not a court room.

Members here are free to express their feelings and their experiences, so reading it was interesting but you can settle this and def. no need to apostrofize anybody with any "names" and adj,

best luck for nice and smooth business, we are all human so we can handle all
Old 01-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by umnitza' post='380284' date='Jan 18 2007, 06:07 PM
Screaming fire in a crowded theater aren't we?
LOL! Seeing how you called this guy a "Jerk" on this thread isn't doing you any favors.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:16 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 330i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Performance Pkg, 6 speed manual transmission On-Order: 2007 BMW 530i, Titanium Gray, Black Leather, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, 6 speed manual transmission, Nav, HUD, PDC, L7, Sirius, Rear Heated Seats

The part about this that would cause me to not order from them is that you placed an order for a product and they called you (or you had to call them) to try to get you to order a more expensive item. The same thing happened to me during the holidays when I tried to order a camera on the internet from an electronics business in New York. I ordered online and submitted my credit card number. I assumed the product would be shipped within 48 hours as their web site indicated. 5 days later I get an email informing me they had recieved my order but needed me to call them to confirm. I have never had to do this before.

So I call and they proceed to try to get me to order more accessories, giving me the hard sell. Finally, they tell me the camera isn't in stock and it would have to be back ordered. Or I could order a more expensive camera that they did have in stock. I told them to cancel my order.

I then did some research on them and found alot of forums where other folks encountered the same type thing. There were numerous complaints registered with the BBB. The really scary thing was folks whose credit cards were charged weeks later for large amounts by this company. I called and cancelled my credit card number to be safe.

I'm not saying Umnitza is doing the same thing. I just don't like doing business with companies that operate this way. If you order something on-line, you shouldn't have to talk to someone on the phone and get a hard sell on another product. If I wanted the other product, I would have ordered it. The fact that you are ordering online, generally implies you have done some research and know what you want.
Old 01-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

What you are referring to is called "upselling." Very common practice. I've experienced it on a few occassion. Sometimes buying the more expensive product is actually a better buy, sometimes not. Yes, it can get unpleasant if you are adamant about what you want and not their other more expensive product.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525i Silver Gray/Gray Dakota Leather | Steptronic | Cold Weather | Xenon | Premium Package Modifications: M Aero Kit | Carbon Fiber Kidney Grill | K&N Air Filter | Charcoal Filter Removed | Radenergie R10 Silver 20" soon | kW coilover V3 | SprintBooster soon | M5 trunk finisher Next planned mods: ?Hamann quad exhaust + Hamann quad rear diffuser + Hamann Front Lip?

I'm sorry if this is an inappropriate question, but what's SOL?

Quick Reply: Umnitza and Me!