Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Beware of Umnitza

Old 03-08-2016, 12:14 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E61
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54
Default Beware of Umnitza

Here is a list of the garbage i've had to deal with since buying cheap aftermarket junk from Umnitza. Be Warned. I'll upload pics to accompany my rant. They are happy to reply to emails and call me back (occasionally) but they will never actually fix anything...ie send replacement parts, refund any money etc etc.

"
REAR BUMPER
The quad diffuser you just sent me was not painted. So you either lied to me or just completely forgot and neglected this offer.
the diffuser does not fit flush with the rear bumper
the rear bumper is a thinner plastic material than the OEM bumper
the rear bumper is therefore flimsier than the OEM bumper
the PDC sensors do not install flush in the new bumper
the support supplied with the new rear bumper is cheap flimsy thin plastic
i ordered and installed an OEM bumper support instead and threw yours in the garbage

SIDE SKIRTS
the side skirts do not have cutouts for the torsion bars underneath the car
the skirts have to be modified just to be installed
the covers for the bolts that mount the stabilizer bars are now missing because the side skirts don't have features for these covers to mount to
these skirts arent even the same length

Front Bumper
the front bumper is a thinner plastic material than the OEM bumper
the front bumper is therefore flimsier than the OEM bumper
the PDC sensors do not install flush in the new bumper
the locations for the PDC sensors have tabs that have to be ground off to get the PDC sensor brackets to install properly
the area of the bumper where the license plate is supposed to go is warped and not flat
the foglights you sold me have a different wiring connector than the OEM wiring so i cant even use them. I will have to REWIRE my car just to make them work. I have to BUY new connectors just to make them work.
the front bumper foam had to be removed to install the bumper. This foam is there for safety and the fact that you accept leaving it out as a normal part of the installation is absurd (youtube installation video).
the front bumper does not fit flush like the OEM bumper underneath the headlights or front fenders.
the headlight sprayer covers dont fit and are completely different. And the bumper is different so the OEM ones dont really fit either

in summary not a single part that i received was acceptable. The quality is lower than any aftermarket parts i've purchased for any of my BMWs over the past 10 years. If i could do this over again i would spend the money and get the OEM parts from BMW. I just would never have imagined there could be this many issues. Thank god i didn't order wheels from you back in July. "
Old 03-08-2016, 12:35 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

I mean, granted some of your concerns seem pretty valid, but the overall theme I'm getting is that you expected aftermarket parts that cost substantially less than OEM to be built as well and fit as well as OEM. I think that's unrealistic. That stuff is cheap for a reason.

good luck with your project.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i

I feel your frustration. I hate buying things that are said to fit my car but in actuality doesn't fit well or needs modification. Thanks for the input.
Old 03-08-2016, 02:09 PM
New Members

My Ride: 535xi touring
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

I'll never understand why people put Chinese parts on a German car then get upset with poor fitment and quality.
Old 03-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Engine: M54

Originally Posted by bmwmonkey
I'll never understand why people put Chinese parts on a German car then get upset with poor fitment and quality.
+1. Buyer beware. If you want OEM quality, buy OEM (in most cases).
Old 03-08-2016, 03:16 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive
Model Year: 2010

+1 - When buying aftermarket parts you need to be aware that some are flimsier than others so you really need to take a deep dive into these "Ebay" sellers to ensure the fitment works. With Umnitza, I have read both good and very bad stories. Since I read many bad stories about them I wrote them off and bought products from other vendors that had less horror stories.

Thanks for sharing your story and hopefully it will help the next buyer out. If you want something for half price that is the gamble you must take. Good luck with your next moves.

Originally Posted by KyleB
+1. Buyer beware. If you want OEM quality, buy OEM (in most cases).
Old 03-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

I got a complete OEM retrofit kit for $1500 shipped to my paint shop. That included EVERYTHING I needed to put it on. It costs more but you get quality. General rule of thumb is you pay for quality parts.

That being said I've read other reviews where a main theme is side skirts being too short and other small issues like you mentioned. Sorry about your ordeal, but they seem to be a hit or miss kind of company.
Old 03-08-2016, 07:43 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW E60
Engine: E60 M54

I feell feel for the OP. But the Chinese are experts in low quality replication and this
Is well known. Not sure who umnitza is but there not buying european parts for
a reason..
Old 03-15-2016, 11:11 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 528xi PP

+ 1 on all comments above. But for fog light you don't need to rewire the whole car. That's just exaggeration. All you need to do is splice the wires and tie them up as with any aftermarket fog light. Simple 30 second task.
Old 03-16-2016, 08:53 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2010 535i x-drive touring 6speed manual

Sorry about the poor experience.
I just had an install done at Umnitza, M5 bumper on my e61.
Had them pre paint it, got there around 9:30, went for a quick troll and a coffee, looked at a couple of cars at BMW of Concord, came back to Umnitza, left around 11:30.
Pretty happy with service I have to say... However, if you can afford it go OEM. no doubt.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware of Umnitza