Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Positive umnitza reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535i XDrive

Calling people scum and posting the 2 completely unrelated links at the bottom like that just make it seem even more like you have a personal axe to grind. I haven't even bought anything from Umnitza, but your level of insults and general attitude are not convincing me that I should never buy from them, just showing me that you're kind of a jerk.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Amg80
Here is a few links of the thousands of review, the scums we call Umnitza does not want you to see.

But I do agree with Umnitza when they say there #1

At scamming and scramming!
Maybe you had some of that bad formula, but let me assure you that you've proved a lot of things and none of them related to Umnitza at all.

YELP and the BBB have a lot in common- your link to Yelp shows 8 reviews, and 8 filtered reviews,
YELP is also a 'pay for play' service <-- meaning if you pay Yelp, those "FILTERED" reviews begin to include bad reviews, and non-filtered reviews are suddenly good. Don't believe me? Look it up, you're good at that.

On the internet, anyone can post anything they want, whether it's entirely true or entirely true only from their point of view

In your case, you're a unique individual.
You received a product that was properly priced, better quality than what you wanted, but we made a mistake. We offered to give you a $69.99 product free (the interior ambience kit) but you countered that you wanted a 50% off a set of $1500 headlights that is not something we agree to.

You never paid $300, you paid $148.99 + shipping. Where you got $300 is unclear but don't have your facts straight.

Furthermore name calling just shows us all the content of your character.
Today 07:28 AM
NOCTRNAL Calling people scum and posting the 2 completely unrelated links at the bottom like that just make it seem even more like you have a personal axe to grind. I haven't even bought anything from Umnitza, but your level of insults and general attitude are not convincing me that I should never buy from them, just showing me that you're kind of a jerk.
Thank you for giving us the benefit of the doubt. Our owner may be a bit crusty around the edges but our whole team Tim, Adam, Danny, Konstantin, Anthony and Brandon do our best to help all our customers
Old 09-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by helphos
I put the Umnitza Mtech II bumper on my 2004 XI. I had to buy new BMW brackets that were inexpensive, but the brake ducts were an expensive surprise. I had to cut away a plastic bracket where the wheel well meets the headlights, but the fit was good. I ordered it prepainted and the paint matched perfectly. Overall, an easy chore.
Here's the result:
o
[IMG]
New Bumper1 by helphos, on Flickr[/IMG]
one more
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by GEEstylez
Thanks everyone for trying to help..appreciate it. But i finally got the Angel Eyes to work...and damn, it looks clean. Super bright! Brought it to Umnitza on my way to Sac Monday morn. They figured out the problem and got it fixed within 10min. Thanks guys.

(Btw...I never doubted to email or call, it was just that it happend on a Friday evening and closed for the weekdnd. But all is good now.
one more
Old 09-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SidekickChuck
Before I give my first impression summary, I will be taking pictures and hopefully videos to show the output beam pattern and performance sometime in the near future. This summary is a write up of my initial impressions of the headlamps.

First off, customer support, and communication with Umnitza is beyond good, its great! You can imagine how many emails, PMs, and questions in posts amongst the many forums they are present (not just this one) must be overwhelming. Yet, they still find time to answer each and every one in a timely manner. This really was one of the major factors in purchasing the headlights.

Once the order was placed, there was some wait time as they do not stock these on the shelves with certain options. If you are getting the FX-R retrofit option, along with any other mods, be prepared to wait. Mine took 2 weeks, but I am sure the wait time varies depending on the amount of custom work they have on any given day. I did not feel like this was too long, but for anyone that needs a set right away, they will not be able to get a retrofit overnight.

Upon receipt of the headlights, I noticed how nice the units were, and how OEM looking they appeared. There were obvious tell tale signs that they are not Hellas, but they are the closest looking unit to the Hellas that I am aware of. The euro sides rounded off the look very nicely. The only items I noticed that did not look totally OEM was the Angel Eyes (because I chose the orion v2 option) and the chrome projector shroud. Its very close to looking like the Hellas, but they have a different edge that goes around the projector lens. This was a very small gripe, and more of an observation since I knew it would not bother me at all once installed.

Within a few days, I installed them, first removing the old headlights and fitting the bottom covering on each headlight and reinstalling them. I had a hard time getting the plugs back onto the new sockets for the blinkers for some reason, but they eventually slipped on. I also ended up re-using the wire adapter off my previous after market angel eyes to plug into the OE plug and wire them up to the new angel eye wires as I did not want to hack up the factory harness. Installing the headlight went smooth and done within an hour.

Before buttoning everything up, I checked all the lights, and they all lit up fine of the first try. Was so happy to have quality output from the FXR units, and such a dramatic change in appearance having clear, non-oxidized headlamp lenses. Couldn't wait until it got dark to aim the projectors.

Once nightfall approached, I went to the back of a shopping center and lined up on flat ground. I was not going to measure the traditional way, but more by feel, knowing not to go too high as to blind opposing and forward traffic. After some time spent, everything came out great! A crisp, clean and WIDE beam pattern with a colorful cutoff prism, and bright white ground coverage. It took a little getting used to the sharp cutoff due to the dramatic contrast between lit and unlit areas where the cutoff is, but all in all, am so very happy that I decided to go the extra mile and get the retrofit.

Now, with the angel eyes, these things are BRIGHT! They look amazing at dusk/dawn and even at midnight, lit up an amazing portion of the road with the headlights off! I think they outperform a depo headlight projector ouich So, the pros certainly outweigh the cons here. What cons?... well I didn't, and still do not like the way they look at night when the headlights are ON. It gives a weird look in my opinion. They are super bright rings, and you see the HID projector poking its little head out of the middle. I prefer to see a system that looks like its one system working together rather than two systems almost looking separate. I contacted Umitza and they said they are coming out with a night module that dims the AEs when the headlight is turned on. Cant wait for this. The only other gripe is how they look during the day. Unless you know what you are looking for, chances are nobody will notice, but a car enthusiast may spot that they do not appear totally stock since LED rings will always look a but different. The tops of the rings expose 2 small wires that usually wont be noticeable when on the car.

Overall, I have no complaints at this point in time. They have been installed for a week, and I look forward to driving at night now. I am finding excuses to leave the house to enjoy the new headlights from Umnitza. I highly recommend the FXR retrofit into these headlights and they kill the output of hella projectors. HID projector has come a long way since the early 2000s, and these certainly are proof of this.

I hope to get pictures and videos up in the near future as time permits. Getting ready for our baby son to be born in the next 3 weeks is taking up a lot of time, so please be patient.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought I would share my experience with my new lights that will be safer for my family and I. (thats how I justified the purchase....safety for our baby )

Chuck
and another
Old 09-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by kransom
Just wanted to share my experience getting my 2006 Z4 headlights replaced at Umnitza in Concord CA, with an assist from Revolution in Vallejo. Drove 2 hours to Umnitza to have them replace my broken headlights. They replaced them at a great cost, did it in the time they promised, and were helpful and accommodating throughout. Matt also told me my broken headlights were worth a fair amount of money on ebay and insisted I take them with me. I would never have known, and would gladly have left them behind for 'recycling'. I was very impressed with his honesty. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

One small problem--they weren't able to get the high beams working properly, which was going to require some work on the wiring. Matt hooked me up with his friend Mike at Revolution Automotive in Vallejo. He told me it should cost around $60 and assured me Mike could get everything working. Revolution did an awesome job for me. He couldn't do it while I waited so he gave me a nice loaner car, free of charge. He worked on the wiring for several days, checked a couple of other things out for me, and even offered to have his guys deliver my car (2 hours one way!!) if they couldn't get it working by the time they promised it. And he only charged me the original $60 that Umnitza estimated. Revolution's service really was above and beyond what I could have expected anywhere. If I lived anywhere near there I'd use Mike for all my car care.
and another.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:45 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ceemonneyy
Good day all, first off would like to say happy new year to everyone! I picked up a 525i E39 couple months back after my VW B5 was totaled by a drunk driver(car parked in front of the house). Couldn't pass it up for the price I got even though it's not as fast/powerful as a 540 or m5, used as a commuter anyways. Just happy everything worked out for me in the end + am now a part of this whole bimmer family!! NOW I understand and never want to drive anything else as many of you already know that feeling lol. So enough of my background story and onto my first time experience with Umnitza.

If you're lucky enough to live in the nor cal bay area then this is definitely your first stop(possibly your last) for anything you need. You can order off their website umnitza.com and they allow local pickups if you wanna save on shipping. From lighting, to body kits, to rims, as long as you're looking for quality parts, this is where you can find it. Even if you're not from around here, everything is listed and updated so it can be shipped pretty much anywhere. Sure you might be able to find it cheaper on ebay or wherever, but why risk quality when you know for sure you're getting the better stuff, WITH reasonable prices at that!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here advertising for them nor am I getting anything for this but compared to other shops I've been to in the past, these guys treat their customers right. Of course I've heard stories from others their experiences with this shop didn't always go as smoothly as mine did, but you have to keep in mind, you're customer # whatever out of 100 they may have for that day. Matt and their crew get calls NON STOP all day long. I was there for 15 minutes and the phone was ringing off the hook the whole time!! He might not have time to chat with you but as long as you have a little patience, he will hook you up as he did for me. If you don't get through by phone(which can happen), you'll eventually get a response if you send in an email.

So to Matt, just want to say thanks for all your help! I am definitely a satisfied customer + have many plans to come back in the future for anything. I also must say Jesse your painter(painting is done at a separate location) did a great job painting/installing my M5 bumper!!(Even if you live across the country an order online, he can match your car as long as its a stock factory color). My car is 12 years old yet he managed to match the color beautifully. Unless you look through a magnifying glass, the match is perfect considering he didn't even see the car beforehand. I could see he had other projects going on around his shop but he still offered to take the time, stop what he was doing and stay late to install it for me which was greatly appreciated. Not too many shops care for their customers like that and even if they did, would only be after one thing- your wallet. Not the case w Jesse at all, definitely had honest and reasonable prices and could tell he cares about customers cars looking right!! I knew fitment wouldn't be perfect since I got the cheaper bumper(better one is +$100) but he made it work and it looks flawless.

For guys like me who love these cars, want to make em look proper but might not have top dollars to easily drop on em like how other folks do, both of you guys make it possible for us to enjoy the scene as well!! Thanks again

-Cee

ps. Im a new member so I cant post results, but pm me for pics. Sorry for the novel, thanks for reading if you made it down this far lol
another