Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Mr.Bavarian

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I had probably one of the weirdest buying experiences with this member and wanted to warn other members here.

Back in Oct 2009, Mr.Bavarian posted a Vorsteiner trunk spoiler for sale. https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

In that thread, people made remarks about whether it was a real Vorsteiner spoiler or if it was just the regular M5 spoiler due to the angle of the pics he posted so Mr.Bavarian posted another thread with updated pics here: https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0

I was on PM with him and right as we were about to struck a deal, member acs5 posted on the second thread about how hard it was to get a reply from Mr.Bavarian. Mr.Bavarian got mad and decided not to sell the spoiler. However, I PM-ed him and offered him a bit more and asked him to reconsider selling it to me. He agreed and once he set up his Paypal account, I sent him $600. This was on Nov 8th.

- Nov 10th, I sent him PM to follow up. Didn't hear back.
- Nov 13th, I emailed him and he said the spoiler was just shipped that day, 5 days after I had paid him. He apologized for the late reply as he was busy and said he'll scan and send me a copy of the receipt the next day since he left it at work. He also said it should take about 5 days for the spoiler to get to me.
- Nov 17th and 20th, I emailed him twice to find the tracking info he promised me as the spoiler hasn't arrived.
- Nov 21st, he finally replied and was surprised I hadn't received the item yet. He said he was going to check with Australia Post and also said I can file a dispute with Paypal if it made me feel more comfortable until he can track the item down.
- Nov 24th and Dec 2nd, I emailed him two more times to follow up and said I'm about to file the formal dispute with Paypal and post up my experience on the forum.
- Dec 2nd, he replied saying he hasn't been able to track down the info, apologized for what's been going on and refunded my money through Paypal. He also asked that if I receive the spoiler, to pay him.
- Dec 11th, he sent me an email saying he got the spoiler back from Australia Post with a UK Royal mail sticker on it so he thinks it somehow got shipped to the UK. He then said he was going to ship it to me the following Fri cause he will be out of town.
- Dec 17th, I sent him an email checking to see if he was going to ship the spoiler out the next day. Didn't hear back.
- Dec 21st, emailed again. No reply.
- Dec 29th, sent him one last email basically asking him just to give me a simple answer of yes or no if he's still interested in doing this or not. Never heard back.

As you can see, I've been extremely patient with this as I usually give people the benefit of the doubt. He didn't scam me since he refunded my money but the extremely poor response and communication made this a terrible experience. I would suggest not dealing with this member at all unless you live near him and can conduct a transaction face to face.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:31 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting...well at least there wasn't any fuss about refunding the money...
Old 01-18-2010, 05:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Sorry to hear Tony. I'm glad you got your money back. Maybe Mike Kong and sell you his Vorst spoiler...
Old 01-18-2010, 06:00 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Wow Tony, you were/are beyond patient. Glad you got your money back and didn't really lose anything, but people need to learn that no mattter how small an item is the buyer is spending hard earned cash and should get feedback throughout the selling process. It's only fair.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Update:

I had PM-ed Mr.Bavarian this thread and got a reply from him stating he was sorry for the lack of communication as he has been out of town on holiday. I suggested that he reply to this thread so others can get both sides of the story.

Phi, I did ask Mike about his Vorsteiner spoiler when I didn't hear back from Mr.Bavarian but it was already sold.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Laaaammme mr. B :thumbsdown: