Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Member koko818 - Future Buyers Beware!

Old 05-28-2010, 12:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

I purchased a set of Falken FK452 tires (245/35/20) from member koko818 (real name Kevin Kledjian) the other week which he listed for sale in this thread:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/976...tires-2453520/

I met up with him and picked up the tires and he seemed like a cool guy. The tires were wrapped in a giant plastic bag and the area we met was dark but I checked the main tread quickly and it had good tread left.

However, when I brought the tires to a tire shop the following day, they informed me that there was strange and deep camber wear like the tire was rubbing against his fender badly. Some parts were barely worn and others were getting close to the wiring stuff under the rubber. They said that I could get maybe 5k miles max out of them and he recommended not mounting them for fear they will blow unexpectedly.

Hmmmm... let me check his sale thread again, oh that's right he specifically mentioned 90% and the tires were in great shape... BS. My fault for not checking the tires thoroughly when I bought them but I figured the top tread was good and I've had only great transactions on here previously so I didn't think much of it. I tried contacting him to give him the tires back and refund me my money out of honesty and ethics but I can't get a hold or response from him, go figure. I even left him messages saying he could just refund me partial of what I paid him, and when I bought the tires, I even paid him more than what we agreed upon.

Assholes like this ruin communities and trust in classifieds. Heck I sold a set of wheels that I specifically said were bent, and when the buyer said the shop said it was unrepairable, I offered him a full refund.

Future buyers beware with this guy, he has bought and sold a few parts and was looking to sell his Dinan exhaust from his 535i. He has a Dark Blue (not sure of the offical name) 535i that is debadged with an RPI exhaust.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

That sucks Ross, but hey karma is a motherf***er and he'll get his.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:55 PM
Contributors

sorry to hear about the tires Ross. PM Sent! URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!! please reply asap
Old 05-28-2010, 02:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Sorry to hear about your bad transaction Ross. That's F'd up! Hopefully he responds and you get this sorted out soon.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

this dude is local/in so cal? not smart...
Old 05-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Sorry to hear what happened Ross.

I proposed that we take down license plate numbers, and maybe more for these transactions.

Not the same way, but I have been burned from being too trusting myself.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Ross:

If the seller does not refund your money immediately, print out the for sale thread and take pictures of the piece of shit tires your seller sold you and take them to local law enforcement. You have the seller's name and all the evidence the police need to go after the seller for wire fraud and other similar crimes.

I hope that Kevin is reading this and makes good so that these potentially disasterous criminal consequences do not occur.

Kevin, take your tires back and refund the money. That's just the right thing to do.

Ross, a number of our So Cal members know or have family who are So Cal law enforcement. If you don't get a refund, pm me and I'll be happy to supply you with a name or two.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Sucks, dude you said it though about assholes ruining things :thumbsdown:

Always wondered how come people who do stuff like this on the forum don't get banned
Old 05-29-2010, 07:36 AM
Contributors

It's always buyer beware ... and sadly, not every seller discloses what they know about an item they are selling (some don't even know what they don't know).

That takes me to rule #1 ... Buyer beware.

It sux that you purchased an item that had flaws that were not disclosed to you. If the seller was not completely honest and by his actions misrepresented the tires to you ... shame on him. It's probably not financially reasonable to try and recover through legal actions - esp over a $200 claim. My recommendation is that you contact the seller, provide whatever evidence you have (photo's etc) and seek some financial adjustment.

Then there's rule #2 ... Remember Rule #1!

Lastly, I'm not a fan of flaming a forum member if you've not tried to work out a solution first with the parties involved ... and permitted more than a few hours to connect. People make "mistakes".

Good luck in your quest.
Old 05-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Senior Members

I have yet to meet an Armenian with "kevin" on his California issued ID...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Member koko818 - Future Buyers Beware!