Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Gta101

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

This is a feedback thread for Gta101. Apparently, this guy is a new member, and may have just signed up to participate in the white eyebrow thread. My buddy and I did the work for, Dane Gordon, last Saturday for white cluster mod and white eyebrows. He wrote us a check (company check), he seemed like a stand up guy, and was pretty cool, so we were naive enough to accept it.

Before he picked up the car, I went to deposit the check, and the ATM said that based on the info on the check, the amount will not be paid. I bring this to Dane's attention over the phone, he said that he doesn't know why, and assured me that it's good.

Next morning, I get an email from him, he said that he walked in the office and noticed that he gave me the wrong check, he said he will come by my office and drop off cash. Said that he would swing by in the afternoon, and he never showed. He did not gave me a heads up either. Anyway, next day, he said he was having a meeting up in Long Beach, and that he would swing by my place in Irvine, and slip the cash under my door. That never happened either.

After that, he stopped taking my calls, and just lets it go to voice mail. I had my buddy try him, and he picked up right away. My friend asked about it, and he told him that he had slipped it under the door. Which never happened, of course. So Dane said that he would check with his gf, because she, supposedly is the one that dropped it off.

So he put my friend on hold, and then a few minutes later, came back, and played the "hello, hello, hello" charade, and then hung up the phone. We tried to dial him back after that, and he never picks up.

I have sent him text messages and emails, but he does not respond to any of them.

Anyway, this guy is a crook. Thus far, I am using a few friends as resources to see how we can track this guy down. Worse comes to worst, we'll have a buddy down at the station check to see if we can pull up a file on him.

If you guys see a white LCI 535 with white eyebrows and yellow angel eyes, make sure you get down the license plate number for me. So far, there should only be another white LCI 535 in California, and that's Soluna's (Alex's has mtec rear and quads) that we did this past week.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Damn Simon that sucks, good luck getting a hold of him though - let me know if you want me to hold him by his ankles and shake until the cash falls out Good seeing you again today bro, let me know your contact info and I will see if we can get a time to do the mods to my car too.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Seriously right? I guess since I have met only cool and trust worthy people thus far, I didn't think too much of it. But guess there are people out there that actually don't mind taking advantage of other people's time and money.

And I will PM you my info right now.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:31 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Fvcking scammer bastard
Old 03-01-2010, 04:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Oh damn Simon. Sorry to hear that happen. I think its best to always get cash from modders. Its just safer that way.

I hope you can find and track him down and get that money or take the mods back from his car. just rip it out!

F*cking scamming bastards.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Contributors

If I were you I'd present the check to the issuing bank and demand payment or prosecution. Banks are very aggressive in pursuit of people who write bad checks.

It does seem odd that someone driving (notice I didn't say owning) a newish expensive BMW would be a bad financial risk - but that may be the very reason he has no money. Lots of people seem to want and buy (or rent/lease) things they can't afford!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

damn pretty shitty of this guy! ill keep an eye out around hollywood n see if i catch anything. if i only knew sooner though, i've been seein AW LCI E60s n not payin tooo much attention lately
Old 03-01-2010, 07:52 AM
Contributors

I actually have gone to the bank and asked them about it. The person told me that there is no fund in the account, and that it had been closed. The guy actually looked upset/angry after looking it up, lol.

Anyway, I just remembered that I do have some bank contacts, I will see if I can have them check some records for me.

And yes, I definitely have learned my lesson about accepting checks, hahaha.

Danzanchy: thanks for the look out. I believe the guy is usually around the Orange County area, and would visit Vegas a good deal of time.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

How much did you guys even charge? Is it seriously that much where he has to live in fear about someone possibly coming after him? Is he that cheap? He can afford a 535, why play games and waste everyones time. I hate scammers. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 03-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Contributors

We charged $300 for both white cluster mod, and white eyebrows. We did it in really good time for him too. Not sure why there are douches like that.

And it is extremely puzzling as it was a 535 with just about all options from what I can see.

Adding on to this, maybe our other lighting vendors can keep an eye out for me as well. I am assuming that he might be purchasing HID fogs and white angel eyes.