Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Do NOT buy from forum member ACS5ER

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

To all my fellow forum members!

I purchased a set of Euro Bi Xenon Headlights from Dennis Huang AKA ACS5ER from Canada on the 3rd of september thru out the week i contacted him several times to get my Tracking number for my package and his response was that he was waiting for the money to clear and until then he would not ship the package ( The payment cleared the same day the payment was made which was confirmed by a PAYPAL agent and later on by Mr Huang himself he said he was waiting for it to get to his Bank account. - Later i found out from a PAYPAL agent that if you file a claim and there is no money in the Paypal account you won't get ANYTHING back if Paypal rules in your favor ) In the note section of the payment i clearly stated that i wanted him to pack the items safely for safe arrival.

Well today September 17th I got my lights - Very poorly packed with no protection at all!!!!( in a small box with a couple of sheets of bubble wrap )

Both lights had several broken slide and screw tabs and 1 of the Xenon bulbs housing is loose and has broken parts inside not holding the fisheye in place and is unusable and NOT in the condition that he described to me as with no damage.

I escalated the dispute to a claim and would strongly recommend not dealing with this seller..

The box!

The broken tabs from the Left headlight

The broken tabs from the Right headlight

The broken support for the xenon bulb of the Right headlight

( small white piece is cracked and makes the xenon housing move around not holding the fisheye in place)

I am truly upset because i asked all the questions regarding the condition before making the payment and he stated that there was no damage to the headlights!

Sorry for the rant guys but i just wanted to let you know so you won't be sad and upset as i am after loosing $670

HE IS SELLING MORE STUFF IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION !!!!
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=43042
Old 09-17-2007, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Darn son, looks like you got scammed.

Those lights looked like they were used up and trashed.

How about posting additional information about this guy, so that we can avoid dealing with him. Posting a simple screen name wouldn't help avoidance, since he could very easily change that. For a minute there, the headline came through to me via RSS feed, and I thought you fished for one of Jimmy's Xenon bulbs,

But I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Hope the fker burns in hell.

-frank
Old 09-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Just out of interest, have you phoned the guy and asked for a refund yet? Obviously what you got was no good, but his response to a refund request will be the decider. I had a slightly different but similar experience once, only to find out that the wrong package had been posted to me - guy was very apologetic, he had sold one broken item for spares, and one used but good condition item to me. He shipped the wrong ones to the wrong people - obviously the guy who got mine was over the moon. I got a full refund, a sincere apology, and a brand new item at cost price.

Mistakes happen, just make sure your facts are 100% accurate before posting something public on the internet. I would certainly advise against posting his real name. Libel law suits cost a lot more than a new set of headlights!
Old 09-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Wow...that really sucks. Hopefully, he's an honest member and refunds you the money. Sorry man. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-17-2007, 01:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Yikes. thats why I dont deal with people who are such short time members, not everyone is trustworthy on the net. I'm sorry about what happened to you. I've delt with couple people here with things... but of course they were very reputable members here... Vegastrashed, Realtyman, socfans...

Thats good taht you're posting to give a heads up to everyone else.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Senior Members

Damn that sucks, I feel for you. I saw his add in the classifieds, he did seem a little shady.
Old 09-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

It'll be interesting to see if he refunds your money or resolves this issue with you in some other fashion.

Keep us posted!
Old 09-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Contributors

I wanted to thank everybody for their kind words.

I really didn't want to go this route and post it in a public forum but i have been on this forum for a while now and there is 1 thing i know from reading all the threads is that the majority of people on the Forum a true car lovers who take pride in taking care and modding their car. I would not want for a fellow forum member have to go thru the same and feel as upset and sad as i am feeling right now.

I asked all the right questions before making the purchase, I sell numerous things myself and ALWAYS safely pack the items so that the new owner will receive the items in the condition i sold it and packed it.
Old 09-17-2007, 03:08 PM
Contributors

I looked up ACS5ER's posts.
He only has 55, and most are for the sale of parts. I am not sure that one can qualify as being here for the love of a 5-series if most of the purpose for coming here is to sell parts.
I assume that the posts about the paypal dispute were yours (otherwise, there are others just like you).

I agree with the earlier poster though that suggested that you make sure that you try to work the issue out before positively trashing the seller.
I know exactly how you feel after my OEM wheels were damaged in shipping. The dealer did fix the problem though.

Best regards,
Old 09-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='470382' date='Sep 17 2007, 02:43 PM
Yikes. thats why I dont deal with people who are such short time members, not everyone is trustworthy on the net. I'm sorry about what happened to you. I've delt with couple people here with things... but of course they were very reputable members here... Vegastrashed, Realtyman, socfans...

Thats good taht you're posting to give a heads up to everyone else.
Me, reputable? Oh, the lies... seriously, I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with the seller. Hope he, ACS5ER, makes everything right.