Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

difficulty with Umnitza products

Old 12-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its no secret that I have had a few problems with Umnitza. From overcharging my CC to getting the wrong products to now getting mismatched products...

I was under the assumtion that they were a reputable vender and so I went with them in ordering a few mods. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!

First off I ordered the e60 LCI M5tech front bumper and fog lights.... No fogs came with the bumper though. ok... no biggie. they sent them to a few days later. They arrived and were both broken ( housing cracked and tabs broken off ) couldnt have happened in shipping as they were actually pretty well incased in bubble wrap. But i could be wrong. I figured I can fix them at install. Especially since I was told my Umnitza that the mount tabs will not line up and I should use liquid nails to install the fog housing to the bumper anyway...... Uhhh... ok?!

Next issue is that I ordered the side skirts and the ice lite bulbs for the AE... what a fukkin fiasco that has been!!!!!!

First off When I ordered the bulbs, I did so over the phone. and even though they say I did not specify my cars year and LCI or not.... I DID!!! so upon receiving the email confirmation of the order and seeing that they were going to ship me e39 bulbs, I emailed back and told them that i was not an e39 but an e60.

Bulbs arrive and they are infact not the right bulbs. Now on the site the bulbs are listed as 79.99 with no indication of a price jump for LCI cars. Nor in any of there posts in the vendor section about the ice lite bulbs...

I figured I would email them and they would send me the correct bulbs and I would send them back the ones I received and that would be that... Not the case!!!

First I was told that I would have to pay 169.99 for the LCI bulbs... Sent them a screen shot of their web page indicating the LCI bulbs were in fact 79.99, but was met with the excuse that there were 2 issues with that.

Issue 1) that the bulbs would throw a code with my car and cause problems.... REALLY??? Cuz on the 1st page on their thread in the vendor classifieds about these bulbs they state that no issues are caused by these bulbs.... Which is the true statement???

Issue 2) that they do not have the correct bulbs in stock and do not plan to order anymore till early next year.... REALLY??? Cuz in the email I was asked to send the bulbs back and the will exchange them for me if I pay more money.... Do you have them to exchange or not??? all correspondance was done in a few hours...

Now that I am at the shop and we are about to install the bumper and fog lights... we notice that I have received 2 LEFT fog light housings!!!!!! WTF!?!?!?!?!

Seriously... How do you fuk that up????

I have never spoken out about a vendor on any forum.. and I have had issues with others but they were resolved quickly and correctly. Umnitza has given excuse after excuse and I will not be a returning customer... I just bought my wife a 2010 335i vert and have a laundry list of mods to order for her... I will be dealing with another vender for certain!!!!!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:23 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

You're not the first (and definitely won't be the last) to have problems with them. There's a reason I mention Trinity Autosports and Acute performance so much, they are FANTASTIC vendors that actually give a crap about their customers and will work to make sure you're happy, period. Whereas Umnitza doesn't give a crap about anything but you CC #, after they have that you can go to hell as far as they're concerned.
If I were you I'd contact Trinity ASAP to get the correct parts sent to you
Old 12-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
You're not the first (and definitely won't be the last) to have problems with them. There's a reason I mention Trinity Autosports and Acute performance so much, they are FANTASTIC vendors that actually give a crap about their customers and will work to make sure you're happy, period. Whereas Umnitza doesn't give a crap about anything but you CC #, after they have that you can go to hell as far as they're concerned.
If I were you I'd contact Trinity ASAP to get the correct parts sent to you

Thanks Pjinca...

I am currently getting my list together for Trinity!!!! Rims for both cars, lighting, proformance upgrades for both... I cant wait!
Old 12-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by superman832
Thanks Pjinca...

I am currently getting my list together for Trinity!!!! Rims for both cars, lighting, proformance upgrades for both... I cant wait!

You're welcome. They are great to deal with contact Trinity_autosport or Nerweezy they are members here.
Old 12-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

Umnitza :thumbsdown:
Old 12-20-2010, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

I have never spoken out about a vendor on any forum.. and I have had issues with others but they were resolved quickly and correctly. Umnitza has given excuse after excuse and I will not be a returning customer... I just bought my wife a 2010 335i vert and have a laundry list of mods to order for her... I will be dealing with another vender for certain!!!!!
I'm sorry for your trouble, I guess I got mixed signals from you and would welcome the opportunity to resolve this to your satisfaction. Nothing that I've sent to you via private texts was a lie. The facts are as I stated them.

here are some quotes from you that made me a little confused, so I apologize if I didn't understand what you wanted to do:
Originally Posted by superman832' timestamp='1290572161
no, no HID. it was just the housing for the fogs... both of which were broken, but I believe I can fix that when I install them with the liquid nails.
Here it indicates that you did receive something broken, but said you would install it anyways. We talked about this on the phone when you were placing the order, and it seemed like you had worked it out. If you hadn't, I would have been happy to replace the fog for you without hesitation as that is our mistake, not yours.

Later, you requested:
Originally Posted by superman832' timestamp='1291092138
Not sure if the credit issue has been taken care of as of yet... but if not, can you apply the balance as a credit towards my next order? I would like to order the side skirts and if you offer them, a set of drop springs. Maybe the bulbs that make the AE more of a white color as well... please pm me back or give a call to discuss.
Thanks!!!
Patrick
I had replied to you that we had already taken care of the refund/credit to your account as part of the bumper bonanza special and that it had likely posted on Nov 24th.
3306548422 26312 Refund XXXXXX On our end the refund posted on November 23rd Chanthavong, Joy V
XXXX5412
USD (159.78)
24-Nov-2010 13:51:11
USD (159.78)

At this point, you agreed to a price on the sides and the angel eyes kit, and the order was processed manually with your CC information being send to us.

----------

Let me summarize and if you are willing to give us a second chance to make it right, I'd be happy to discuss this on the phone with you - and then put it on paper for you so we are both 100% clear and you are 100% satisfied. I may have lost you as a customer, I may have not, but I would at least like to make this transaction 'fixed'.

1) You have 2 left fogs, we need to get you 1 correct size, we can send you a return label today/tomorrow for you to return the one, and we'll replace it with the "R" unit.

2) You have an E39/E60 ICE Lite - good for 2004-2007 Cars. Based on the picture you sent, you have an E60 LCI model, while we can play he said she said, my last PM to you on Dec 14th went unreplied to...so I didn't know what you were going to do. I'd like to replace the one with the E92/E60 (LCI) unit, but I wanted to be 100% up front with you about it that the E60/E92 version may have issues with the error correction and I wanted to err on the side of more information since you were already inconvenienced.

I offered you a better product instead - the Genesis - because it would not cause errors and was in stock.

3) The issue of the credit was resolved already - it was part of the bonanza special (which is continuing).

4) I will give you a call and hopefully we can resolve this.

We apologize for your issue and hope to resolve it.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:26 PM
Former Vendor

I'm sorry for your trouble, I guess I got mixed signals from you and would welcome the opportunity to resolve this to your satisfaction. Nothing that I've sent to you via private texts was a lie. The facts are as I stated them.

here are some quotes from you that made me a little confused, so I apologize if I didn't understand what you wanted to do:
Originally Posted by superman832' timestamp='1290572161
no, no HID. it was just the housing for the fogs... both of which were broken, but I believe I can fix that when I install them with the liquid nails.
Here it indicates that you did receive something broken, but said you would install it anyways. We talked about this on the phone when you were placing the order, and it seemed like you had worked it out. If you hadn't, I would have been happy to replace the fog for you without hesitation as that is our mistake, not yours.

Later, you requested:
Originally Posted by superman832' timestamp='1291092138
Not sure if the credit issue has been taken care of as of yet... but if not, can you apply the balance as a credit towards my next order? I would like to order the side skirts and if you offer them, a set of drop springs. Maybe the bulbs that make the AE more of a white color as well... please pm me back or give a call to discuss.
Thanks!!!
Patrick
I had replied to you that we had already taken care of the refund/credit to your account as part of the bumper bonanza special and that it had likely posted on Nov 24th.
3306548422 26312 Refund XXXXXX On our end the refund posted on November 23rd Chanthavong, Joy V
XXXX5412
USD (159.78)
24-Nov-2010 13:51:11
USD (159.78)

At this point, you agreed to a price on the sides and the angel eyes kit, and the order was processed manually with your CC information being send to us.

----------

Let me summarize and if you are willing to give us a second chance to make it right, I'd be happy to discuss this on the phone with you - and then put it on paper for you so we are both 100% clear and you are 100% satisfied. I may have lost you as a customer, I may have not, but I would at least like to make this transaction 'fixed'.

1) You have 2 left fogs, we need to get you 1 correct size, we can send you a return label today/tomorrow for you to return the one, and we'll replace it with the "R" unit.

2) You have an E39/E60 ICE Lite - good for 2004-2007 Cars. Based on the picture you sent, you have an E60 LCI model, while we can play he said she said, my last PM to you on Dec 14th went unreplied to...so I didn't know what you were going to do. I'd like to replace the one with the E92/E60 (LCI) unit, but I wanted to be 100% up front with you about it that the E60/E92 version may have issues with the error correction and I wanted to err on the side of more information since you were already inconvenienced.

I offered you a better product instead - the Genesis - because it would not cause errors and was in stock.

3) The issue of the credit was resolved already - it was part of the bonanza special (which is continuing).

4) I will give you a call and hopefully we can resolve this.

We apologize for your issue and hope to resolve it.

EDIT:
Also, just checked the PM with you and I offered you to return the product and get a full refund for it as well or wait til we got the ICE Lite back into stock for the E60 - we actually have more of those arriving on Tuesday of next week (when we talked on Dec 14th, we didn't have a set date).
Old 12-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

I also refuse to do any type of business with them, and they are in my local town and by far the worse vendor I've ever dealt with. No amount of excuses will make up for their lack of customer service.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor

I'm sorry to hear this, and hope you can accept our PM to see if we can in any way change that opinion and do better for you.

We're not the sort of vendor that simply ignores feedback, please give us an opportunity.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

I have never even considered buying mods from Umnitza nor would I because of the complaints by a number of members here over time.

We are fortunate to have a number of other vendors that have no history whatsoever of member complaints (Motorcepts (formerly known as brabusw209amg), Michael at Acute Performance and Trinity).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: difficulty with Umnitza products