Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Detto

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008 | 10:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

I ordered my m-tech kit through Detto back in June 28th it did take awhile for me to recieve my whole kit from him innitially I was given a 2 week turnaround time, but that came and gone. The first time it was shipped out was during the first week of August, but the bumpers were damaged by FedEX and parts were missing because the box broke open. The sideskirts however arrived undamaged with a great paint job. The bumpers and whatever was left of the hardware was shipped back to Detto to have them inspected. Luckly Detto had bumpers instock to replace the damaged ones so he could get those painted while FedEX does the claim on the damaged ones. So finally on September 13th I recieve the rest of my kit from Detto, but I received them damaged AGAIN because of how they were packaged at this point I was pretty pissed. I didn't want to wait another 3-4 weeks to get this kit on my car after waiting over 2 months. Detto did say he would get something set-up in my area to get the damages fixed. I explained my frustration to Detto and he agreed I shouldn't have to wait any longer, so I asked for a partial refund to get the damages fixed myself rather that waiting 3-4 weeks and he found that a reasonable solution for my time waiting and for the damages.

Throughout my transacton, Detto did keep me informed on the status of my kit. Even though the kit took longer than I expected, Detto did provide me with great service to keep me happy. I think once they streamline their process of getting the kits painted, to get their turn around time down and by getting better materials to package the bumpers, so they won't get damaged during shipping people will be satisfied with the finished product. Detto has said he has already upgraded the packing material he uses so the bumpers won't break through.

I will be posting pictures once my kit is installed.

I hope this feedback helps if your undecided to order the m-tech kit from him. You can't beat the prices he's letting them go for.
Old 09-30-2008 | 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Kip Olson experiencing problems: Click me

Originally Posted by Kip Olson' post='681414' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:04 AM
Greg, again I thank you for finally refunding the paint credit, but that was only part of rectifying our problem. I still have the wrong kit for my car. Rather than go into all of the reasons why, just refund my $$ and I will send you your kit back. I did receive your pm stating that all future corespondence would be with Paul. This is an order I placed with you and being Paul is going to ask you anyway why don't you just deal with it. Again, I ordered the correct kit and followed up by giving you the vin # for the paint code and being your a body shop you had all the opportunity (several weeks) to verify the order. Maybe the kit that you supposedly painted and was supposedly damaged in transit was the non-pdc kit as ordered but what showed up was not what I ordered. As it stands here locally nobody wants to take it back,trade etc. I am hoping you will admit your error as people do forgive when you make things right. If you choose not to correct your problem then you will have in essence taken me for the $1,850 dollars plus ALL of the time spent dealing with this situation. I do not enjoy writing these words but you leave me no choice because you don't respond any other way. I am in no way going to let this go and encourage you to respond with a agreeable solution. Me telling the complete story is not my first choice and is in no way in your best interest. Please respond asap. Kip
Old 09-30-2008 | 10:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='681635' date='Sep 30 2008, 05:50 AM
Kip Olson experiencing problems: Click me

Big problems. check out ALL posts from menbers prior to purchasing. There are many options out there. Beleive me, price is not everything. Honesty, integrity. proffessionalism is worth the price. I will be posting my experience once this is over. I am still hoping that the my end will be posotive? Kip
Old 10-01-2008 | 06:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I vote we BAN detto from E60.net. He's shady, provides zero information to his customers. (According to Kip, no phone, email or address is available? Why? That to me is a big NO-NO! )

They do not deserve to sell their products on this site.
Old 10-01-2008 | 06:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='682661' date='Oct 1 2008, 10:23 AM
I vote we BAN detto from E60.net. He's shady, provides zero information to his customers. (According to Kip, no phone, email or address is available? Why? That to me is a big NO-NO! )

They do not deserve to sell their products on this site.

C, What's the time frame on Quad_M's exit from this forum and Dhetto's entrance!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2008 | 06:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Originally Posted by tprenaldo' post='682679' date='Oct 1 2008, 10:51 AM
C, What's the time frame on Quad_M's exit from this forum and Dhetto's entrance!!!!!!
I don't think they are one in the same. Why you ask? Because Quad_m would at least pick up the package from the customer and pay for the shipping expense. It may not have happened as quickly as people wanted, but he did do it. These two are not the same people. Not to give Quad_m any credit, but he wasn't this stupid.
Old 10-01-2008 | 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='682684' date='Oct 1 2008, 10:58 AM
I don't think they are one in the same. Why you ask? Because Quad_m would at least pick up the package from the customer and pay for the shipping expense. It may not have happened as quickly as people wanted, but he did do it. These two are not the same people. Not to give Quad_m any credit, but he wasn't this stupid.
forgive me if im wrong.. as im reading this.. im thinking.. maybe next time someone offers a good deal.. or whatever.. price is good.. etc.. we should thoroughly check him out.. we kow enough people all over the damm country adn world for that matter.. this is just another example..things happen.. some are happy.. some are not.. but we shoudl all just be leary.. and check out sellers track records and history on this forum before we buy.. i never experienced this.. and hope i never do.. (just my 10 cents)
Old 10-01-2008 | 08:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by melimel' post='682718' date='Oct 1 2008, 11:34 AM
(just my 10 cents)
10 cents mel? I normally give a penny or two, but 10 is damn generous! Hahahaha!
Old 10-01-2008 | 10:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

It's about lunch time ...
Old 10-01-2008 | 10:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Mach5 05' 530i Black Sapphire Metallic w/Auburn Leather Seats, Heated Front/Rear Seats, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Pkg, Sports Pkg, Xenon Headlights, NAV, Mud Flaps, 20" 166 Style Rims
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by mrfva' post='682840' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:12 PM
It's about lunch time ...

Every time I see your post I LOL for about 5 min.

Quick Reply: Detto