Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wats ur name again??
Old 09-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Guys, if SilverRush offered that he can send back the rims at (buyer's charge) as they agreed there is no problem, let's not fight here, this is the best Forums of all, we are all friends here sometimes teasing eachotehr but never fight on a deal. You wanted a deal you were happy when you agreed on prices and nice wheels, so if this is what happened, do not let yourself seduced to make a bad situation. This is your both problem, I see and agree but respect eachother and instead of amusing other members like me who knows nothing on this matter, please be friends and settle it in a normal way. Good luck, and SilverRush reply plz to PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Here is my un-bias opinion: I sell crystals, pens, bags, lanyards.....etc for promotional purposes. I've encountered seveal claims where products gets damaged or claimed to be defective all the time.
What I do in such claim is determining the following:

1. How long ago did the buyer received the goods? In this case, the bent was pretty easy to spot. If the buyer did not complain to the seller right away (a week later according to the seller), then I would tend to think that buyer received the rims in good condition.

2. Were the goods damaged in shipping? I would ask the buyer to check for the damage in the packaging. FedEx would also ask that all packaging materials to be retained for further investigation. In this case, the buyer should of taken the sellers offer to make a claim against the carrier (according to the seller). I wonder why the buyer has refused this.

3. Negotiating for a mutually acceptable compromise. For my business' reputation sake, I would ask to send replacement parts, or discount, to make the goods acceptable. This will cut down costs for both parties. If this were the case, then the buyer should back up the $800 damage with written quote from the repair shop. The seller should also get a written quote if possible, from the pictures furnished by the buyer.

4. If none of the above works, then the buyer should consider returning the wheels to the seller, and split the shipping cost. Or better yet, go to option #2 which no partie will loose out. But the buyer seems reluctant in returning the wheels to the seller or to claim the damage from the carrier. This seems a little odd.

Bottom Line: If I bought the wheels for $2300, then I expect it to be perfect. I would contact the seller the first second when I see any damage (day 1). I would not accept having to fix the wheels because that would be like buying a salvaged car, you never know. In this case, I would go with option #4 listed above.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 545i, SilverGray with 30% tint all around

When I first received the rims and had them mounted on my car, I noticed the vibration feeling right away and messaged SilverRush immediately. He replied saying that the vibrations might be as a result of having no hub ring. Hence I took my car in to the mechanic the very next day to have them checked out and my car has been sitting at the mechanic for about 2 weeks now. And for SilverRush's comment, "he was and prolly still is driving with them (assuming the car is his daily driver)". I have 3 cars. If you do a simple search on the e60 forum, you will see. To make it easier for you fellow members here is the link.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=bigfoot

The fact is that I received warped rims. I didn't pay $2100 for warped rims. Even if the rims were damaged during shipping, as SilverRush had stated, it is due to improper packaging, and hence is the sellers fault. Trying to claim money from FedEx will take way too long. And it seems as if SilverRush is contradicting himself as in a pm he stated that he wouldn't refund my money for the rims. As he stated, "now that I come to think about it. I dont even really wanna take them back anymore cuz they are bent. It'd be ever harder for me to resell them."

I myself am a business man. I know that business has its ups and downs and there are negotiations. And I know as a fact that I received bent rims. In my opinion, I believe that I am being fair asking for half of the repair cost. I am not trying to take advantage of anyone. Rather I am trying to not get ripped off.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

fellows i understand every story has both sides and I am not going to try to explain myself any further...
its somthin between me and bigfoot and i guess we will hav to come up with a solution... but thx for all ur valuable inputs.... its just a simple deal went sour
Old 09-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Senior Members

I have an idea (sips bourbon):

Have a "loser leaves Canada" pistol duel. Sort of like Hamilton and Burr's "loser leaves America" (and everywhere else) scuffle in 1804.

I mean, we are talking about a set of wheels here.

Or, just sue the guy if you think he sent you 3 out of 4 bent rims. That's what I'd do.

Or, just split the cost of shipping them back, and then you both wouldn't have to spend so much time and effort and cash (from not being able to think about anything else, like making cash) and misery thinking about how bad of a deal it was.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' post='331305' date='Sep 5 2006, 07:33 PM
I have an idea (sips bourbon):

Have a "loser leaves Canada" pistol duel. Sort of like Hamilton and Burr's "loser leaves America" (and everywhere else) scuffle in 1804.

I mean, we are talking about a set of wheels here.

Or, just sue the guy if you think he sent you 3 out of 4 bent rims. That's what I'd do.

Or, just split the cost of shipping them back, and then you both wouldn't have to spend so much time and effort and cash (from not being able to think about anything else, like making cash) and misery thinking about how bad of a deal it was.
Good idea, but you forgot the follow up sip of bourbon...
Old 09-06-2006, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

8:49 a.m. (follow up sip of bourbon).
Old 09-06-2006, 08:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Evenflow545' post='331475' date='Sep 6 2006, 09:50 AM
8:49 a.m. (follow up sip of bourbon).
...that better be from Tennessee since its so early in the AM
Attached Thumbnails Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!-index_bottle_bottom2.jpg  
Old 09-07-2006, 03:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

[quote name='Bigfoot' date='Sep 4 2006, 03:00 PM' post='330745']
Hey guys,
I recently purchased a set of rims from member SilverRush which turned out to be bent to the point where according to my mechanic are not to safe drive on (3 of the 4 are really bent up, 1 being extremely bad like a square). Now according to his thread "all wheels are mint with no scratches, ding whatsoever."
( link to thread is here --> http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=25531&hl=)

I think SilverRush is in fault to begin with with the lie as stated above. He should make everything right at his own expense.

Based on that alone I would not send back the wheels until the check clears in the bank.

Quick Reply: Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!