Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!

Old 09-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Heiss5' post='330794' date='Sep 5 2006, 12:02 AM
Ahh, I see where you're coming from. So if you both paid $400 then you're at $1400 and he's again at $2500. Does that work for you? Cause in my mind, paying $300 for shipping again seems like a waste for everyone since the rims still need to be fixed and rather than anyone getting any money or rims everyone just spent $600 total on shipping. Which is good for me cause I work for UPS, but bad for you guys cause you're both getting screwed.
Here's a valid point of view...
Old 09-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Banned

but dont you guys think 800 for repairing 3 rims (2 of them r very minor according to the buyer) is a little outrageous?
We are both located in Canada and as far as I know i can get a bent rim repaird for around 150 CAD (roughly 130 US)... so with all 3 it'd be at most $400 USD.....
800 is just too much, which is why i feel the buyer is trying to take advantage of me in this situation...

i hope u guys see where i m coming from...thx

but i do agree with what Heiss said about not dealing with shipping them back and forth... its just a waste of money...
Old 09-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Contributors

sorry to hear. i'm an ebay junkie as well and have been burned a lot.

but i'm not judging who's at fault, since there are always 2 sides to a story.

buyer: ship them back and eat the shipping cost - unless you have something in writing on how returns are to be handled. just make sure you get a written guarantee that you get your money back when you ship the rims.

or get a written estimate on how much it is to repair, send to seller, and work out a deal. he says $800 is too high. get two more estimates around your area, so he can see the going rate where you are.

bottom line is, you have a time window to get things fixed while the seller is cooperating. otherwise, he might not want to work on a compromise anymore, then your'e pretty much on your own.

after that, it's small claims court (but he's in canada, right?), or depending on how you paid (paypal, etc), you might get compensated that way.

i'm sorry it happened, but that's web commerce for you - sometimes it works great, sometimes it's not as advertised. whatever really happened, the rims are still bent at the end of the day - either return them and cut your losses, or take advantage of the repair offer.

i hope you guys work it out!
Old 09-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 545i, SilverGray with 30% tint all around

Hey guys this is the offer that I have laid out for SilverRush. We split the cost of the repair thus he gives me $400 Cdn, which I think is a very reasonable offer. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 09-04-2006, 04:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i Silver on tan Options? Everything +

I think you guys should just settle this in the Octagon
Old 09-04-2006, 07:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

SilverRush, do you know as a fact that the rims were never bent when you shipped it to Bigfoot? If so, then Bigfoot, did you go over any potholes on the way the the mechanic? Were the wheels damaged in shipping? While these questions are rhetorical, it potentially solves the problem if answered honestly. In some case, there are "honestly, I don't know or remember." In that case,

Bigfoot, get several quotes for the repair. Email or fax them to SilverRush. Than you two can split the repair cost as Heiss5 pointed out. It makes no sense to contribute to the shipping company (by returning it) and the problem still not resolved. This is just another business transaction.

Lesson Learns: Seller, know exactly what you are selling and advertised as such. Buyer, get it writing and over some recourse action (paypal, CC). Both parties, business is business. Good luck and let us know how things go.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Banned

Guys... Thanks for all ur input.... I also forgot to add another point in there....

Like I hav previously stated, the wheels were in good condition and straight before I send them out.
When I was notified by bigfoot that they are damaged... I initially thought it'd be caused during shipping, Which I hav experienced previously. I offered to make a claim with Fedex for the buyer (they were shipped thru fedex) but he refused to do so saying that I wont be able to get any money back from them. Then he came back to me asking for the $800 repairing fee without even a invoice or anything. I believed I made a logical effort and I was trying to work things out but seems like he is just trying to get some money outta me.
Yes the rims r bent at the end of the day but who knows whose fault it really is.... he was and prolly still is driving with them (assuming the car is his daily driver)..... I can be certain that they were straight but can he be sure that he didnt hit any potholes or anything when he was driving with them?? Afterall he msged me like a week after he got the wheels. i m not saying its him but it is a possibility too.

I guess my bottom line is if he wanna send them back .... he can do so I guess we'd hav to contribute to the shipping company. its stupid but oh well.... still afterall i feel that he is trying to take advantage of me... but he prolly feels the same way too.... so ya its a ugly story at the end i guess
Old 09-04-2006, 09:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Don't mean to add more flame to this matter but, I've experienced some problem with this seller before too.

We actually have agreed the sale of the same rims about a year ago and I've sent him the money and he received the cheque about 3 days after we've agreed on the deal. But about 2 days later he said he doesn't want to sell the rims anymore and send the cheque back to me. That doesn't sounds like a VERY honest seller to me. My brother who is a lawyer was going to sue him for bleaching of contract on small claim court for me but I finally talked him out of that because I just don't want any more hassle.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bambi' post='330895' date='Sep 5 2006, 12:53 AM
Don't mean to add more flame to this matter but, I've experienced some problem with this seller before too.

We actually have agreed the sale of the same rims about a year ago and I've sent him the money and he received the cheque about 3 days after we've agreed on the deal. But about 2 days later he said he doesn't want to sell the rims anymore and send the cheque back to me. That doesn't sounds like a VERY honest seller to me. My brother who is a lawyer was going to sue him on small claim court for me but I finally talked him out of that because I just don't want any more hassle.
I am sorri Bambi I think u r talking about the wrong fellow.... I dont even know u
Old 09-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

Originally Posted by SilverRush' post='330900' date='Sep 5 2006, 02:20 AM
I am sorri Bambi I think u r talking about the wrong fellow.... I dont even know u
Dennis, you sure do know me. You are from Vancouver (Richmond, B.C.) and I've sent you a cheque of $2,750 then you return that back to me after you've decided you don't want to sell the rims anymore. <_<

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deal gone bad! Need fellow members help!