Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

CA Automotive UK - A nightmare!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009 | 03:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

I have had reasonable experience with them in the past, but haven't really purchased anything serious.

This was my first serious order. And I regret making it!

I placed an order in July for the Eisenmann Sport mufflers. 3 weeks later I was informed that the order was ready for shipping and that the mufflers would have to be shipped from Germany to the UK, and then re-shipped out to Bahrain. ( Dont ask me why )

Aug 11th, I send them a reminder asking them about this order alongwith my purchase receipt which was not sent to me although payment was made weeks before.. i get that on the same day... so far so good.

I send out another email asking about the order and only on Aug 22nd do I get an email that the order has been shipped out. And that it should be here in 5 days.

Well as you can see its been a little more than 5 days and still no exhaust in sight.

CA Automotive claim they are chasing the shipping company and have sent in a complaint to them... they also claimed at one point that the order was in Bahrain and stuck in customs. I wasted a whole morning of my day running around customs trying to figure out where this order was based on a verbal telephone conversation. Only to be told... wat documents do you have? Prove that its arrived!! I felt like an idiot.

I have been given over 5 different promised dates to get a solid answer of which all of them have been ignored. The last time I spoke to Roy, he assured me in writing that he will get a definitive answer by wednesday. Well, no answer and no calls and quite frankly, i am sick and tired of calling them up and emailing them! Being ignored in this way is the worse thing you can do to a customer! The least is to show me some damn respect and call me back!!! I dont bloody care what what you have to tell me.. but atleast show me the frikin courtesy and call me up!

If they are too busy doing their job ( yah serving customers like me ).. then I have no clue what they are suppose to be doing! My time is just as important as theirs are.. the only problem is that I am the only loser in this case.. everyone has been paid and i sense no urgency in their attitude. Naturally so, cause they are sitting on my money interest free while I'm sitting here pondering over an invisible order which has cost me alot of money, heartache and anxiety!

Today is the 24th Sept and no one knows where the exhaust is. Claims that they are shipped are baseless because there are no documents to support it!

What are my options right now? What would you do in my situation?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sometimes venting helps...
Old 09-24-2009 | 08:43 PM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

sorry to hear that!! Did u pay via credit card or paypal? dispute it!
Old 09-25-2009 | 01:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 E60 M5 (Sepang Bronze/Natural Brown) Eisenmann Exhaust with Miesterchaft Sections 1 & 2 Evosport Headers Evosport Pulley RPi Scoops & Block Off Plates with BMC Filters Eibach Pro-Kit Springs 20" Breyton Race CS in Polished Silver

I paid via credit card, and disputed it before posting here.

I got my card back-charged. However, after negotiating with CA Auto, we came to a resolution and they promised to ship another unit out to me.
Old 09-25-2009 | 04:12 AM
Senior Members

CA Auto immediately got in touch with me and apologiszed for all the inconveniences. I had not read their reply on the previous thread, so I was probably hearing it all for the first time.

I am very pleased that we have reached a mutual agreement on the situation. I am also very pleased to see CA Auto step up to the plate and take total iniatives in resolving a client's problem.

CA Auto have offered a complete refund, and have placed a new order for the mufflers again. They have also assured me that payment will only be made upon shipping the order via a reputed courier service.

Although this means another few weeks of waiting, but atleast CA Auto have provided me with the flexibility of limiting my financial exposure. This is important to me because our currency is pegged to the dollar, so every day can mean a matter of paying more or less in Pounds Sterling. If this payment method was used in my earlier order.. I would have saved almost 15% in currency rate between the date of order and the date of shipping.

Anyways... the situation has been resolved and I will be updating everyone on the developments from here onwards.

I am very happy to see that CA Auto are still the same company who have always dedicated their resources and efforts towards customer satisfaction. This was a glitch which I understand was beyond thier control... but let's be realistic, I didn't choose the shipping company.

Thank you Roy of CA Auto for your immediate attenhtion, and I look forward to continuing my business and referring my friends to this company as I have been doing for the past 5 years.

Ahmed