Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!

Old 02-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!
I bought hid halos and 8000k low beams from this jerk. He was recommended from a friend of my son. When my son brought the items back home and I opened the box all the installation instructions were gone. When we called him up he said he would do the install for $80.00 and warranty the work, he also said he was an installer for Drivers Seat, My son knows Jeff the owner and figured this guy must be ok so I said yes do the install.
Well when my son brought the car back after the install the lights looked good until we pulled in the garage and the drivers side stop working
(ding, ding ,ding red flag number 1) when I opened the hood there was smoke coming from the drivers side, the heat sink for the lights was just laying on the inside fender well and had burnt a hole in it and plastic was burning on the heat sink. Well as I proceeded to inspect the rest of the install I was horrified, there were wires every were, he had the relay tiered to the rubber charge pipe for the intake, he had laid the wires for the passenger side light in-between the fan and pulls and just laid them there the heat sink for the passenger side had fell down on the fender well and was starting to burn a hole in that fender. He cut a 11/2" in hole in the caps for the head light assembly to pass the less then 1/4 wires threw and left them exposed I can go on and on but it hurts to much to talk about. You know what they say a picture is worth a thousand word.
So to my brethren of Florida Bimmers please stay away from this guy his name is Adam Lord and he lived in Boca Raton this guy sucks and now I have to take him to court because he is being an even bigger ass by not returning my phone calls and Fu{:content:}amp;*^ upped my 2010 535i.
Attached Thumbnails Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-16-19_703.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-16-26_540.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-16-36_401.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-17-15_106.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-18-01_100.jpg  

Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-22-03_845.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-30-54_871.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-19-17_439.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-18-07_329.jpg   Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!-2011-02-12_15-18-17_762.jpg  

Old 02-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i (E60) - Titanium Silver | Black Dakota w/ Bamboo Anthracite | Sports Package | Premium Package | Steptronic | Navigation | Logic 7 Former: 1995 540i MSport (E34) - 6sp, B&M Short Shift | Dinan Intake | Dinan Exhaust | Dinan Chip 1987 325iC (E30) - sold

Ouch man..that really hurts. Not much to say to you that could probably help you with this situation. Live and learn I guess. At least you know where he works and maybe you can take out some warranty on his a**
Old 02-14-2011, 08:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

Old 02-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Nocrapplease

That's bad news, but really I don't think you should be slagging the guy off on a public forum, if anyone is to blame it's your friends son for recommending him in the 1st place, why did you not ask someone on here? I would remove this post to be honest, get your car fixed and send him the bill, but it sounds like you have done on the cheap with no invoice for the work from an unqualified person, really you only have yourself to blame, you pay peanuts you get monkeys mate, put it down to bad experience, posting this guys name and where he is based I personally think is well out if order, I could see the point if a forum member recommended him, If you where that concerned perhaps you should took your car rather than relying on others!
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by a42kracer
Ouch man..that really hurts. Not much to say to you that could probably help you with this situation. Live and learn I guess. At least you know where he works and maybe you can take out some warranty on his a**
+1 if hes qualified tech he should stand by his work
Old 02-15-2011, 12:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 E61 530D - Dynamic Drive - Active Front Steering Sport Seats - Voice Control - Head Up Display - Nav Pro - Bluetooth - Panoramic roof - Front/rear heated seats

Originally Posted by Nocrapplease
That's bad news, but really I don't think you should be slagging the guy off on a public forum, if anyone is to blame it's your friends son for recommending him in the 1st place,...
?
Well, it seems this was a terrible job but more importantly the TS can't get in touch with him. Now I don't know how long he has been trying to contact the guy but I'm quite sure if he had answered the phone and sorted it out this topic would have never been posted.

Good luck to the TS with sorting out this mess!
Old 02-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Nocrapplease

Originally Posted by Theo
?
Well, it seems this was a terrible job but more importantly the TS can't get in touch with him. Now I don't know how long he has been trying to contact the guy but I'm quite sure if he had answered the phone and sorted it out this topic would have never been posted.

Good luck to the TS with sorting out this mess!
Sorry this guy has many ways to resolve this problem, and a public flogging is not one of them, would to trust s non qualified person to work on your house or car? If you did then you only have yourself to blame, and this is not the only forum he has posted on, and for all we know may not even be the guys real name, at the end if the day you have to face up to your own problems and how they came about, either legally or otherwise, don't think me and others sill side with the original poster just because someone messed up, he has to share some of the blame, 1 for not being there go oversee 2 for trusting someone whom he knows nothing about

Get even fine, but I don't come on to forums to read garbage like this to be honest
Old 02-15-2011, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Originally Posted by Nocrapplease
Sorry this guy has many ways to resolve this problem, and a public flogging is not one of them, would to trust s non qualified person to work on your house or car? If you did then you only have yourself to blame, and this is not the only forum he has posted on, and for all we know may not even be the guys real name, at the end if the day you have to face up to your own problems and how they came about, either legally or otherwise, don't think me and others sill side with the original poster just because someone messed up, he has to share some of the blame, 1 for not being there go oversee 2 for trusting someone whom he knows nothing about

Get even fine, but I don't come on to forums to read garbage like this to be honest
Like you said, it is a public forum so he has every right to post his experience on here.

It may be his fault for trusting someone but I'm sure he has learned his learn.

If you don't want to read stuff like this then don't. Your response sounds like you know the guy who did the install.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:04 AM
Members

Location: Santa Fe Springs (SFS) - L.A. (SoCal) USA, North America, EARTH

Don't be so trusting bro...

I see you had similar issues with another buy that went bad:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/107...4#entry1278024
Old 02-15-2011, 07:06 AM
Members

Yes I agree that you should check a references but the guy who gave the reference is a respect and well know member of the community and the BMW community and so is his farther, so I relay did not doubt it for a minute. And yes if he had returned my phone calls for the past 4 days or even returned the phone call of the guy who recommended him this post would probably not have been post. I have always trusted just about every one until you give me a reason not to. So I was hoping that this post would result in a phone call, and that Adam would make good on his work or lack of!
And yes this is a public form aren't we supposed to publish things like this to help protect the other member of this forum, I sure hope so!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buyer Beware this guy Adam Lord is a butcher!