Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Anthony@BimmerBrakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010 | 11:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

So first of all, I have to say, I'm a PITA customer As a matter of fact, I ask so many questions and require so much attention, people have a hard time keeping up. Usually. Not Anthony - if this guy treated me (with all the crap that I gave him ) so well, I'm not surprised anymore that everyone who bought from him praises him.

We've discussed brakes with Anthony few times in the past and I promised to hit him up when my brake light comes on. Did exactly that and he gave me an excellent quote on the entire package - rotors and pads. I was still intent to shop and get the best possible combination though. After some research, I really centered on the Centric Premium rotors and Hawk HPS pads. For some reason the pads didn't work out through Anthony - doesn't matter now, I guess - but the rotors he came through on, just like he promised me originally. Respect

I still spent a few days going back and forth on what rotors to get - R1s were in strong contention (and I have to thank Nerwyll especially for providing the much-needed guidance with that), then a few more days of cross-shopping, researching and all that good stuff. When I've finally pulled the trigger and ordered the rotors, it was still from Anthony. He gave me the best price - BY FAR btw! - and was the most helpful with all my PITA questions too. We worked everything through email, he was obviously absolutely professional. Now I can't wait to get my rotors and finally install them (pads are on the way from Tire Rack and sensors - from BMW of Newport, Garry )
Old 03-01-2010 | 08:44 PM
Contributors

Still no tracking number or a shipping notification

UPDATE: received a response saying it should've already left. Sure hope so I can't wait to get these babies fitted and be able to drive my car without fear of some master cylinder failure or caliper seizure
Old 03-08-2010 | 01:28 AM
Contributors

Received the brakes this past Friday. All in all, about two weeks from the moment I ordered till receipt. Not bad, but if you're in a hurry, you may want to pay the additional $$ for expedited shipping (which is something I should've done myself).

The rotors came well packaged and protected from ... whatever there is out there that can damage a rotor (not too many things, I'm guessing). The FedEx guy did look at me like I drove over his foot though - either he's a member on this forum or it was a heavy box to haul Either way, as soon as the box was inside my apartment, my cat went nuts and started to walk around it and purr I considered it a good-luck sign, I don't know... Either way, JD (that's the cat) and I opened the box immediately and let those beauties breathe a little After a bit of a whoaaa moment, I called up my indie shop guys and asked if I can come in immediately to have everything installed.

(note: if you're ordering rotors, keep in mind that they are heavy - have them shipped directly to your shop to avoid having an awkward moment in the elevator in front of a cute neighbor - trying to look like that box ain't that heavy. It was heavy LOL )

The install went smooth - a straight swap for the OEMs I had some Hawk HPS pads and OEM brake sensors to complete the setup. Took the guy about 2 hours of very leisurely-paced labor (I didn't care, it was fun hanging there and they charged me for the job - not per hour). There was even a hot Russian girl on hand at the shop drinking VSOP and talking cars (it was Friday afternoon, after all ), so basically the experience was pretty comfy and fun but I digress. The reason I mentioned my indie shop is because they told me that the deal that Anthony gave me on the rotors was way better than even what they get for themselves. Another point for Anthony

Overall, an excellent vendor, highly recommend.
Old 03-10-2010 | 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 330I ZHP

Glad you Like them VT Post some PICS! Thanks for the Awesome Review.

-Anthony@BimmerBrakes
Old 03-10-2010 | 07:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Vlad, one again - no pics = EPIC FAIL!!!!! How dare you?!?!?!

Anthony, good job with dealing with Vlad, he is a huge PITA and you must have the patience of a saint to deal with him and still com on this forum
Old 03-10-2010 | 03:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Vlad, one again - no pics = EPIC FAIL!!!!! How dare you?!?!?!

Anthony, good job with dealing with Vlad, he is a huge PITA and you must have the patience of a saint to deal with him and still com on this forum
Ain't that the truth, brother! I'll post pics, I promise... my laptop broke down, I'm too lazy to do it on my gf's mac right now