Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

Another Umnitza FAIL thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013 | 05:41 PM
Members

Default Another Umnitza FAIL thread

Hi everyone,

Ordered a m5tech bumper, projector fogs, and black kidney grills around Jan 18th. Poor communication. I had to constantly message them and inquire when the bumper was going to be shipped out. Umnitza's response was repeatedly, any day now, any day now. I finally gave up and just waited for greyhound to call me letting me know that I had a package waiting.

Drove to my parents house to pick up the truck and headed down to greyhound. I noticed there was only a large box in the shape of the bumper and nothing else. I wondered if my fogs and kidney's had already been installed. I immediately opened the box before I left to check everything out. NO FOGS and NO KIDNEYS to be found. And to top it all off, there were PDC holes drilled into the bumper when I specifically told them I do not have PDC. After calling about 5 times and being put on hold for 20 minutes, I finally reached someone. Cussing up a storm to his coworkers while on the phone was totally unprofessional. He apologized for the mistake and told me to send the bumper right back. He told me he would the holes filled and sent back within a week. 2 weeks later I wrote umnitza and asked how the bumper was coming along. They replied that greyhound just called them and that they would pick the bumper up from the station the following day. Really? It took greyhound 2 weeks to send the bumper from southern california to northern california? I highly doubt it. Another week passed and I still hadn't heard from them so I sent them another message. This time they blamed it on the paint guy and said it should be ready any day. Another week and still no word. I'm getting pretty irritated at this point and I told them I would just like a refund because it's taking entirely too long. Unmitza's reply was to be patient, it will just be a little longer. Well, 2 more weeks go by and still no bumper. This was about 2 months total and not even the slightest clue as to when I was getting my bumper. Fed up with all the nonsense, I went to my bank and filed a dispute to get my money back.

I should have known better when I heard other people having problems with them, but I had to learn the hard way. I will never do business with them again and I hope nobody else is dumb enough to go through what I had to go through.
Old 03-25-2013 | 10:31 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We have no excuse for this lack of professionalism on our part.
No amount of apologizing will win you back as a customer, we simply screwed up. We still have your bumper actually, but our paint guy wont' be done with it for another 2 days

I can lay the blame that we were short handed, we're overwhelmed with business, and we're getting more walk-ins than ever before, but we really screwed up on your order. We all apologize to you.

Should you still consider getting this bumper, we would do whatever it took to win back your business.
Old 03-25-2013 | 12:20 PM
Contributors

Never should have done business with them in the first place. Next time contact Nerwyll at Trinity Autosport, aka nerweezy. Not only so they have excellent customer service, you will actually get your order on time lol!
Old 03-26-2013 | 06:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

this company should be banned from this forum
Old 03-29-2013 | 05:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2004 Dinan 545i, Titanium Metallic Silver, 2007 Dinan M5, 6sp, Silver Gray Metallic

Unbelievable!
Old 03-31-2013 | 06:16 AM
New Members

My Ride: 12' 535I..13' ML350
Default Another UMNITZA fail-buyers fault!!

I'm new to this forum, I'm a member of MB forums, Porches' and several gun forums.
I find it hilarious that in a matter of minutes, I was able to search this seller and by far, found way more negative feedback than positive. BUT, people continue buying from them and then complain about what everyone else has complained about since 2011!!
I've never purchased anything from them and I'm sure I never will, because of the feedback.
In my experiences, once business drys up, a seller will have to change their business practices. His prices can not be so low that you're willing to endure horrible service. If they are, then don't b#^ch when the past haunts you. Just my $.02.
Old 03-31-2013 | 03:58 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

My Umnitza Experience

Sometimes all it takes is 1 bad feedback to ruin the potential for business. Aside from apologizing for mistakes and fixing them, there is nothing more we can do. Too often, forum feedback is simply too limited to give people the full impression of a business. It's the nature of the beast. We apologize for any mistakes, hope to do better, and will continue to improve our processes.
Old 04-01-2013 | 05:56 AM
New Members

My Ride: 12' 535I..13' ML350

Originally Posted by umnitza
My Umnitza Experience

Sometimes all it takes is 1 bad feedback to ruin the potential for business. Aside from apologizing for mistakes and fixing them, there is nothing more we can do. Too often, forum feedback is simply too limited to give people the full impression of a business. It's the nature of the beast. We apologize for any mistakes, hope to do better, and will continue to improve our processes.
"Sometimes all it takes is 1 bad feedback to ruin the potential for business". Seriously, 1 bad feedback!! This guy is obviously not playing with a full deck of cards! 1 bad feedback is not and should not be indicative of your business practices-here is where you learn. Numerous negative feedbacks is a pattern of your business environment.
You are either not in it to make money and thus do not care or, you do not know how to run a business.
As for forum feedback being too limited? I don't think you even believe that. If you did believe that, you would not have linked that 1 positive experience to this thread.
As a business owner myself, I can only wish you luck. As a consumer of BMW, Benz and Porsche aftermarket products, I'm steering clear of your business.
One last thing, if you keep thinking "it's the nature of the beast", you will never convince yourself there is anything wrong with how you run your business.
Old 04-01-2013 | 06:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 speed, Silver Gray A08, Gray leather Mods: Hard-Wired Passport 9500ix LIVE , K&N Air + RPi Scoop, Mtech V2.1 AE, ACS pedals+Ebrake, flip up front plate, OEM 172's, Custom M Kit, M3 shift knob, Eisemann Race Exhaust 2005 X5 3.0 (the nightmare) 1998 528i SOLD @ 173K

hahaahah screw them. Im surprised they didn't want you to just have your body shop fill them in for you and make you pay for it. Call your credit card company tell them what happened get your money back and buy it from trinity.
Old 04-03-2013 | 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

While I am no fan of Umnitza, heck those that know me know I loathe them. However, I can grant them that most people in general rarely post positive feedback, most people post when they have an issue. That said, as 1stbmw said, a pattern is a pattern. There's a reason I support Trinity Autosport with both my dollars and my feedback, I have had nothing but positive experiences with them no matter how many times I do business with them.

Quick Reply: Another Umnitza FAIL thread