Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Whats the Scoop on Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 11:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is rediculous. Thanks for the info Nick. Now I am screwed both ways. I heard I could swap out the TCU and use the phone here. Not sure if that is the answer for sure though. I hope to know an answer soon.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Senior Members

Haven't heard from Francois on any of this lately... I hope he gets his car back from ED soon
Old 06-23-2004, 04:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jun 22 2004, 09:45 AM
More info,
I got impatient and called BMW of Fairfax in Va. They have to look up your VIN to see if you are compatable. To my dismay, I cannot have Bluetooth.
I believe it was NickP who left a message in the previous thread that if you have BMW Assist, you cannot get bluetooth. Unfortunatly he was on the money. I did not think I had Assist but when they checked my VIN, sure enough I had it.
I just talked to my installation dealer here in Duluth, Ga. He indicated that they would install the Bluetooth option in my car, but it would DISABLE the BMW Assist. He said at this time you can't have BOTH, but you CAN have Bluetooth.

I'm going to just stick with the BMW Assist for the time being, and when the Treo 600 gets Bluetooth, then I'll make the switch (or BMW may have more options).

In addition, he indicated that I would have to sign a few forms to negate their liability if I disconnected BMW Assist.

Just thought I'd share.

James
Old 06-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Senior Members

jksanford... You going to get it done once you get the Treo??? Personally if you have AAA, I see *NO* reason to ever rely on BMW Assist (anyone you can always call the number from your own phone)... Did they give you an estimated price for parts + labor? I'm hoping to SHORTLY order an 05 based on info I've gotten from BMW AG on Assist + BT and Nav + Sat will work in Sept builds if they stick to their schedule on sw improvements (always a chance I won't get this)

I would gladly accept Assist being disabled to get BT!
Old 06-24-2004, 10:15 AM
Contributors

If the Treo models come out that are Blue Tooth, then yes I'd get it done and dump the assist.

I didn't ask about the price, because I THOUGHT it was SUPPOSED to be part of the car and at some point it would work. (I guess I thought software update). I even went so far as to get back my t68i sony bluetooth phone I gave a buddy. Then I started reading about everything here and I kinda lost hope.

Oh well,

james