Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Voicemail access codes (iPhone 4s)

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:16 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got an iPhone 4s. I attached the access code and password in the phone number string for both of my voicemail accounts (one at work and the other at VZW) and inserted a pause in the appropriate places (the iPhone pause shows as a comma while the Razr pause shows as a "p"). When I hit the voicemail phone numbers through the iPhone contact list that transfers to the car via BT, the number dials and goes through but the access code and password aren't being sent. In other words, the voicemail system is prompting for codes and passwords but nothing happens. It just stops after the phone number is dialed. When I dial the voicemail number through the car via BT but using the phone itself to dial, the access codes and passords are sent and go through just fine. BTW, this was not a problem with my Razr (same car). I searched here and elsewhere for a solution and while I have seen other threads noting the problem, I haven't seen any solutions. Sorry if I missed the answer somewhere. Thanks in advance.