Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Verizon Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dfndr' date='Jan 5 2005, 04:23 AM
Prior postings indicate that the Motorola RAZR is the best phone for an E60, but that the RAZR is only offered by Cingular.
[snapback]75850[/snapback]
you are right about razr/v3 is only offered by cingular but you can always use any gsm network if the phone is unlocked. i'm currently using a unlocked motorola v80 and with t-mobile but they don't even know what that phone is. i bought if off ebay and worked fine for the past half year. i'm looking for a new phone and seriously thought about v3. however, i like the sony ericsson v800 better because it has more features.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jan 5 2005, 05:21 PM
[quote name='dfndr' date='Jan 5 2005, 04:23 AM']Prior postings indicate that the Motorola RAZR is the best phone for an E60, but that the RAZR is only offered by Cingular.
[snapback]75850[/snapback]
you are right about razr/v3 is only offered by cingular but you can always use any gsm network if the phone is unlocked. i'm currently using a unlocked motorola v80 and with t-mobile but they don't even know what that phone is. i bought if off ebay and worked fine for the past half year. i'm looking for a new phone and seriously thought about v3. however, i like the sony ericsson v800 better because it has more features.
[snapback]76047[/snapback]
[/quote]

I would buy the v3 to work with my 530i and it is in my wanted list.

Ching-Ho Cheng
Old 01-06-2005, 09:29 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

I have the V710. get the serial cable and flash it with the new SW.. (PM Me if you need me to email it to you) and Bluetooth works like a charm.. Phonebook transfers quickly, caller ID Works and sound quality is perfect.
Old 01-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine545' date='Jan 6 2005, 01:29 PM
I have the V710. get the serial cable and flash it with the new SW.. (PM Me if you need? me to email it to you) and Bluetooth works like a charm.. Phonebook transfers quickly, caller ID Works and sound quality is perfect.
[snapback]76367[/snapback]

thanks for the update, atleast I am getting comfortable that when I do get my car I will be able to use my 710
Old 01-06-2005, 05:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine545' date='Jan 6 2005, 01:29 PM
I have the V710. get the serial cable and flash it with the new SW.. (PM Me if you need? me to email it to you) and Bluetooth works like a charm.. Phonebook transfers quickly, caller ID Works and sound quality is perfect.
[snapback]76367[/snapback]
Same here.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Members

My Ride: Silver 530i Sports and Premum Package with Navigation. 06/04 build date.

Verizon has a new bt phone that is not on their web site yet: Audiovox PPC-6600

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=570

It is a PPC with a phone and bluetooth. Has anyone tried this phone yet? My friend has one but I don't have bt enabled in my car yet so I haven't been able to try it.

Wayne
Old 01-07-2005, 08:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

Verizon has a new bt phone that is not on their web site yet: Audiovox PPC-6600
wat an ugly phone
Old 01-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Contributors

Class Action Filed Against Verizon

Check out today's Wall Street Journal, page 1 of the Business section.

The heat is really turning up on Verizon now. The six column article, among other things says:

"Ms. Raney of Verizon Wireless notes that other carriers sell Bluetooth phones that offer only some of the Bluetooth features. But Cingular, the largest U.S. wireless carrier, accepts its phones with the full Bluetooth function the phone makers intended."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/n...ss_lawsuit_dc_1

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.p...f=475&fi=163536
Old 01-14-2005, 03:43 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 530i, stick, jet black, auburn leather, cold weather, premium, premium sound, sport pckg, rear airbags, fold-down rear seats, heated rear seats, PDC, xenons, adaptive headlights, ACC, nav, HUD, sat radio. Winter tires: 124's + Dunlop SP Winter Sport M3 run-flats

I live in Reading, PA, and commute to King of Prussia. A year ago, I dropped AT&T in favor of Verizon because of AT&T's lousy coverage along the Turnpike. I just got my E60 and my V710 within the past 2 weeks.

From what I can tell from various web postings, Verizon directed Motorola to disable the majority of the features that fall under the Bluetooth protocol, features like OBX (Object Exchange) that would allow the V710 to upload its phonebook to the E60. Verizon claims security concerns motivated them, while some folks claim a more sinister motive: profit (full Bluetooth capability might allow users to upload/exchange photos, bypassing Verizon's fee-for-service upload/exchange). The only feature that Verizon did not disable is the feature that allows the phone to talk to a Bluetooth headset. Verizon still claims the phone to be a Bluetooth phone despite the severe handicapping of the phone, and this has a lot of customers irate.

Verizon is testing a new software release in the Dallas, Texas, area that enables OBX and other features. Users there are claiming success with their E60s, but the release was not available here in King of Prussia as of two weeks ago. Everywhere else in the country is still on the original (first release) software version.

Somebody who goes by "SuperDave" has released software for the V710 that does allow the V710 to work with the E60. I followed instructions posted by other users and managed to program my V710. It now works with my E60 as it should.

Now, if BMW would only make an eject box for the V710...
Old 01-14-2005, 03:52 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by TBell' date='Jan 14 2005, 08:43 AM
I live in Reading, PA, and commute to King of Prussia.? A year ago, I dropped AT&T in favor of Verizon because of AT&T's lousy coverage along the Turnpike.? I just got my E60 and my V710 within the past 2 weeks.

From what I can tell from various web postings, Verizon directed Motorola to disable the majority of the features that fall under the Bluetooth protocol, features like OBX (Object Exchange) that would allow the V710 to upload its phonebook to the E60.? Verizon claims security concerns motivated them, while some folks claim a more sinister motive: profit (full Bluetooth capability might allow users to upload/exchange photos, bypassing Verizon's fee-for-service upload/exchange).? The only feature that Verizon did not disable is the feature that allows the phone to talk to a Bluetooth headset.? Verizon still claims the phone to be a Bluetooth phone despite the severe handicapping of the phone, and this has a lot of customers irate.

Verizon is testing a new software release in the Dallas, Texas, area that enables OBX and other features.? Users there are claiming success with their E60s, but the release was not available here in King of Prussia as of two weeks ago.? Everywhere else in the country is still on the original (first release) software version.

Somebody who goes by "SuperDave" has released software for the V710 that does allow the V710 to work with the E60.? I followed instructions posted by other users and managed to program my V710.? It now works with my E60 as it should.

Now, if BMW would only make an eject box for the V710...
[snapback]79049[/snapback]
T,
How can I get SuperDave's software and where can I find the instructions you used? I switched from Cingular to Verizon to get better service. I have been thinking about going back to Cingular since the Motorola phones seem to work best according to many posts on this board. If I can get my dealer to upgrade my software, I may try to do what you did. Thanks for the info you posted.

Quick Reply: Verizon Bluetooth