Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

ULF Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 04:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Folks,

I have one of the early ULF units in my 04 545i and of course I have to pair my iphone each time I get into the car to get it to work properly.

Can the software on this unit be upgraded to allow my iphone to work or would I be better off purchasing a 13th Gen ULF unit and swapping out ?

In addition to this I am guessing that the progman update is a completely separate upgrade from this ? I need to replace the cd player in the central console as its duff and I am concerned if I fit a newer more advanced version their might be some issues and I will need to update progman as well.

My eventual goal is to get a mobridge / ipod hooked up to idrive...

I really need some guidance on this from the experts on here, thanks in advance !

Best regards, Peter.
Old 06-27-2008, 02:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bauderline' post='610412' date='Jun 26 2008, 01:40 PM
Folks,

I have one of the early ULF units in my 04 545i and of course I have to pair my iphone each time I get into the car to get it to work properly.

Can the software on this unit be upgraded to allow my iphone to work or would I be better off purchasing a 13th Gen ULF unit and swapping out ?

In addition to this I am guessing that the progman update is a completely separate upgrade from this ? I need to replace the cd player in the central console as its duff and I am concerned if I fit a newer more advanced version their might be some issues and I will need to update progman as well.

My eventual goal is to get a mobridge / ipod hooked up to idrive...

I really need some guidance on this from the experts on here, thanks in advance !

Best regards, Peter.
I know there are a few folks on here who really know this stuff, I would really appreciate some feedback on this !

P.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:43 AM
Members

My Ride: UK 2005 535d Sport & Audi Q7 S-Line Vis Pack, Media Pack, Heated fronts and Rears, HUD, Servo Steering,

I think your mixing up older bluetooth systems with newer ones.

The E60 bluetooth is fully upgradable via software ( progman ) and your going to need an upgrade to make your iPhone work correctly.

The 13th Gen ULF your talking about is the bluetooth system used in E39s ( and many others ) which were not software upgradable.

Get your software updated and you should be fine.

Si
Old 07-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BigladUK' post='615221' date='Jul 3 2008, 12:43 PM
I think your mixing up older bluetooth systems with newer ones.

The E60 bluetooth is fully upgradable via software ( progman ) and your going to need an upgrade to make your iPhone work correctly.

The 13th Gen ULF your talking about is the bluetooth system used in E39s ( and many others ) which were not software upgradable.

Get your software updated and you should be fine.

Si
Thanks for the info ! Its appreciated !

I am leaving the car in to have ipod integration fitted and they said the phone software would be updated as part of the "coding", so lets hope they do the needful !

It will be interesting to see how well the ipod integration works with the idrive given that i have an 03 car and likely older radio, although it is the pro version.

Thanks again !

P.