Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

For u RAZR V3 folks on Cingular

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 03:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I don't have one (RAZR V3) so I cannot speak to the validity of the content below.

SI B 84 02 06
Phone, Navigation Systems January 2006
Technical Service

SUBJECT
Hands free Bluetooth? Phone Call May be Lost if a Call Waiting Call is Received

MODEL
E46 (3 Series) from 9/04 production (325i/iA SA from 10/04 production) with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E53 (X5) from 10/04 production with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E83 (X3) from 9/04 production with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E85 (Z4) from 10/04 production with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E60, E61 (5 Series) from 9/04 production

E63, E64 (6 Series) from 9/04 production

E65, E66 (7 Series) from 3/05 production

E90, E91 (3 Series) with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

AFFECTED HANDSET

Motorola RAZR V3 with R374_G_0E.41.C3R_B software, (Cingular)

SITUATION
The customer complaints that during a Bluetoothreg; hands free phone call, the hands free audio connection is lost if a call waiting call is not answered. Then it is no longer possible to place a call via the vehicle.

The following scenarios will cause the handset to send the "terminate call" message via Bluetoothreg; to the vehicle:

During an active phone call, a second incoming call (call waiting call) is received but is not answered.

During an active phone call, a second incoming call (call waiting call) is received and "Ignore call" is selected via the handset.

During an active phone call, a second incoming call (call waiting call) is received but the caller terminates the second incoming call before it goes to phone mail.

In the above listed scenarios, the handset still shows the first call as active in the handset but there is no audio heard in the vehicle or via the handset.

CAUSE
A handset software error.

Although with currently Bluetooth technology (V1.1) hands free call waiting is not a supported feature, other BMW approved handsets do not drop call if a call waiting call is received.

CORRECTION
Do not replace any parts! This problem is caused by a handset software error. Please create a PuMA case (Info only) documenting the customer's concern. The PuMA case should include the handset model number and the software version installed in the handset. Review the handset owner's manual for details on how to obtain the software version.

Customer work around procedure:

BMW Group does not recommend using the handset to answer a call or switch between two calls while driving.

Preventative measures:

Answer the second incoming call (call waiting call) via the buttons on their handset.

On RAZR-V3 handsets, turn call waiting off via the handset before connecting to the vehicle. Review the handset owner's manual for the procedure.

Have the first caller terminate the call before the second call goes to voice mail.

Reactive measures:

Terminate the first phone call via the handset.

Transfer the audio to the handset via the "In Call" handset menu.

Terminate the Bluetoothreg; connection and the handset should transfer the audio back to the handset.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
For information only.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Does anyone know how to display the current firmware version the RAZR is using?

I'm playing with a Cingular (blue) RAZR V3 and am curious if this bulletin applies to me...
Old 01-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi, premium package, premium sound, steptronic, bi-xenon adaptive lights, PDC, rear sun shade, rear heating, cold weather package.

Very easy

pree "*" + "#" and "power" all three together for 3 seconds
and the bootloader will be up
there you can see your firmware version number.

Press "power" again to turn it off (exit from the bootloader mode)
and press "power" again to turn it back on.

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='232020' date='Jan 30 2006, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know how to display the current firmware version the RAZR is using?

I'm playing with a Cingular (blue) RAZR V3 and am curious if this bulletin applies to me...
Old 01-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Members

My Ride: Jan 06 Delivery, 2006 550 Sport , silver gray metallic, clear bra, black leather, step, active steering, comfort seats, logic 7, Nav, head-up display, comfort access, satellite, anthracite trim and headliner, M-body kit, electric sun shade, split fold down rear seats, Hard Wired BEL STi Driver Radar/Laser Detector.

Is this the only handset that is affected?

Motorola RAZR V3 with R374_G_0E.41.C3R_B software, (Cingular)

Or is it this version of software and older? My phone has a an 0E.40 software version which seems to me to be an older version.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Members

I'm experiencing this problem. I was hoping that CIP 20 would resolve it before I saw this bulletin. I did have another problem that prevented me from being able to end a call using i-drive is I lost my signal.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:11 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by nupe009' post='232250' date='Jan 30 2006, 10:27 PM
I'm experiencing this problem. I was hoping that CIP 20 would resolve it before I saw this bulletin. I did have another problem that prevented me from being able to end a call using i-drive is I lost my signal.
Yep, that is yet another bulletin. I think I may have posted earlier but there is an update to include the E90.

SI B 84 13 05
Phone, Navigation Systems January 2006
Technical Service

This Service Information bulletin supersedes S.I. B84 13 05 dated August 2005.

(New) designates changes to this revision

SUBJECT
Bluetooth? Phone Call May Still be Displayed as Active after the Call has Ended

MODEL
E46 (3 Series) from 9/04 production (325i/iA from 10/04 production) with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E53 (X5) from 10/04 production with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E83 (X3) from 9/04 production with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E85 (Z4) from 10/04 production with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA 639)

E60, E61 (5 Series) from 9/04 production

E63, E64 (6 Series) from 9/04 production

E65, E66 (7 Series) from 3/05 production

(New) E90, 91 (3 Series) with Premium Package (ZPP) or BMW Assist? (SA639)

AFFECTED HANDSET
Motorola RAZR V3

Motorola V330

Motorola V551

Motorola V600

Motorola V710

Motorola E815

SITUATION
The phone call has ended but the communication menu shows the call time counter still counting and the radio remains muted.

CAUSE
After a call has ended, the Bluetooth? phone call may still be displayed as active when:

The customer is on an active call with the handset and bonds a handset to a vehicle. Afterwards, the customer tries to hang up the call via the MFL or i-Drive/CID.

The handset battery becomes exhausted during a phone call.

The handset drops a call because of poor cellular reception.

The customer is on an active call and receives a "Call Waiting" call.

The call has been terminated on the Motorola handset. However, the handset does not send a confirmation message to the vehicle that the call was successfully terminated. Therefore, the call is still shown as active in the vehicle (ghost call).

CORRECTION
Do not replace any parts! This problem is caused by a handset software error. Please create a PuMA case (Info only) documenting the customer's concern. The PuMA case should include the handset model number and the software version installed in the handset.

Customer work around procedure: The customer should switch off, and then switch back on, their handset or switch off and back on the Bluetooth function in the vehicle.

BMW's solution: BMW will introduce a fix to allow the TCU to terminate the call if the MFL button is pressed a second time. On E65/66 vehicles, the End Call button on the phone board must be pressed, not the MFL button.

Because the handset did not send the Terminate Call command to the vehicle the TCU will continue to show the call as active in the vehicle (ghost call). Unfortunately, because of Bluetooth? technology limitations, BMW's long term software fix will have an issue. If the customer makes a second call without the Bluetooth? bond being terminated, the new call will be disconnected. This is because the TCU and the handset are in two different modes. If the customer then presses the phone button on the MFL a second time, the handset will connect the call.

(New) For E90 vehicles with SA663 (Radio Professional), a software solution is expected in October 2006.

For E60, E61, E63, E64, E65 and E66 vehicles, on a customer complaint basis only, refer to the following procedure:

Update the complete vehicle per SI B09 05 01 (Coding, Individualization, Programming) Procedure B using Progman V19.01.00 or higher.

The listed handsets do NOT have a software update available to correct the issue. The customer may want to contact their cellular service provider to notify the provider of the problem with their handsets.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
Covered under the terms of the BMW New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

Defect Code Refer to KSD

Labor Operation: Refer to KSD
Old 02-06-2006, 11:00 AM
Members

CIP 20 didnt fix my issue listed in SI B 84 13 05. I am looking for a phone firmware update but motorola doesnt have them avaialable on thier site. It seems like I can get firmware updates from several other website. I just dont know which one to trust. I guess I'll wait for motorola to post updates online
Old 06-18-2006, 09:11 AM
Members

After owining my 550I and razor cingular phone for a month I have some insights

1. BMW should NEVER reccomend the razor phone at a BT pairing. Everyone in the world has call waiting and if you dont answer the second call you lose BOTH CALLS everytime.

2. If you switch using idrive to answer the second call you always lose the first call.

3. There is NO SUCH phone in the world that can pair with idrive that does not drop calls on all call waiting issues using BMW Bluetooth.

4. There is only one solution and that is to always disable call waiting on ANY phone unless you want to manually switch using the phone itself.
5. That synching the phone with a mac computer creates TWO phone books everytime using isync

6. As of the beggining of this thread in January there are no fixes 6 months later and every forum on BT with idrive are reporting no problems with the RAZOR Phone, which is very funny because BMW, and Motorola all know every one of these customers are losing calls all day long and disconnecting all the time.

7. Lastly that right now BT and mobile phones and cars are in the dinasour age with no firmware updates, few knowledgable people and bad service at the cingular , BMW and Motorola tech departments..

I say lets close this story until someone invents something that works reliably...which I think will take a long time!!
sorry for the rant!!

Originally Posted by nupe009' post='235759' date='Feb 6 2006, 04:00 PM
CIP 20 didnt fix my issue listed in SI B 84 13 05. I am looking for a phone firmware update but motorola doesnt have them avaialable on thier site. It seems like I can get firmware updates from several other website. I just dont know which one to trust. I guess I'll wait for motorola to post updates online
Old 06-20-2006, 06:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i (SE), Auto-Dim Int + Folding Ext. Mirrors, Automatic Gearbox, Bluetooth Telephone Preparation, BMW 6 Disc CD Changer, Heated Front Seats, HiFi Speaker System, Leather interior, Navigation System - Business, Sports Suspension, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres. M-Tech Kit.

Originally Posted by nupe009' post='235759' date='Feb 6 2006, 09:00 PM
You'll wait a long time, I also have this problem, so it's not restricted to Cingular, and I have the 2nd from newest 'publicly' availiable s/w version. The 'connection still active' problem was fixed for me by CIP 19.00 and/or a newer s/w version for the RAZR.

You can trust www.planetmotox.net or www.motomodders.net if you decide you want to reflash yourself,