Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Treo650 Canada Rogers

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 545i MY05 week 6 Mystic Blue / Black Dakota Steptronic, Sport Package, Active Steering, Dynamic Drive, ProNav, HUD
Cool

Had my 545 for 2 weeks. Initially there was no Bluetooth on the menu. My salesman got me to bring in the car and they had to load a couple of extra software modules (~ 2 hours of work). Service advisor wanted to talk price: I sent him back to the salesguy and all the charges went away.

Happy to say that a Rogers Treo650 (without any patches) works reasonably well. Favorites all transfer and synchronize quickly (only use 20 or so). Sound quality is excellent on both ends. Voice dialing works as well. No SMS. Have had the Treo reboot itself unexpectedly a few times, but mostly it's ok for long periods of time. If the favorites have any special characters in them (e.g., a '.') the Treo goes into a constant reboot itself cycle. Also, it was flaky when I also had my bluetooth wireless ear-bud thing turned on.

There is a "built-in" favorite called 'Voicemail' that transfers to the BMW as 'poicemail' with the number set to '1'. Added a VMail favourite with the voicemail number and that's fine. Just have to ignore the 'poicemail' entry!