Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Treo 750v

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 02:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all. Just picked up a Treo 750v to use. I am replacing my TyTn with this unit. So far, love it. It does have a slightly smaller screen, but boy o boy, does Palm know how to tweak the WM5 interface/OS. First of all, it works GREAT!!!! with bluetooth car kits. Paired it with my Parrot CK3100 in my 05 4runner....All the info (Carrier name, Signal, Battery) showed up immediately. No "Network OK" and lack of all other info....

Now for the good news....Same on my 07 530i. Signal and phonebook WORKS without the jetware plugin. I love it. Also, no more random disconnects.

Voice quality is better than the TyTn. Also, setup was a breeze (Treo read the SIM settings). I was connected right away....email, text, everything. Only disappointment is no HSDPA yet in the firmware. Not that I will miss it that much. I only use data for news, email, and the occasional movie showtime. I can definitely wait for the next firmware update....

Anyhow...Just thought I would share. If you have questions, let me know.

J
Old 10-31-2006, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='350909' date='Oct 31 2006, 06:23 PM
Hey all. Just picked up a Treo 750v to use. I am replacing my TyTn with this unit. So far, love it. It does have a slightly smaller screen, but boy o boy, does Palm know how to tweak the WM5 interface/OS. First of all, it works GREAT!!!! with bluetooth car kits. Paired it with my Parrot CK3100 in my 05 4runner....All the info (Carrier name, Signal, Battery) showed up immediately. No "Network OK" and lack of all other info....

Now for the good news....Same on my 07 530i. Signal and phonebook WORKS without the jetware plugin. I love it. Also, no more random disconnects.

Voice quality is better than the TyTn. Also, setup was a breeze (Treo read the SIM settings). I was connected right away....email, text, everything. Only disappointment is no HSDPA yet in the firmware. Not that I will miss it that much. I only use data for news, email, and the occasional movie showtime. I can definitely wait for the next firmware update....

Anyhow...Just thought I would share. If you have questions, let me know.

J
Does it do a full contact transfer or just favorites (or SIM card)?
Old 10-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Members

Well, so far it looks like everything. I will be able to tell you more tomorrow. I synced it really fast while at the house, but drove my 4runner to the hospital tonight (I am on call). Tomorrow I will let you know.

J
Old 11-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Members

Well, here is an update. Just got home from driving around running some errands. It does not sync the phonebook (i.e. non-SIM). Also, the signal bars are no longer showing. I did install the jetware mobile software, and now all is well. The bluetooth implementation seems much more stable than the TyTn. No random disconnects. I love the form and function of the Treo much better than the TyTn. Easier one-handed operation. The only downside, as said before, would be the lack of HSDPA until first of the year. Not really a bummer as it is pretty darn fast with regular UMTS 3G.

Also, the messaging is nicer. Easier to text with the static keyboard and the palm tweaks to the software...Anyhow. Will keep the vodafone version until the Cingular one comes out, and then pass it off to the wife or my dad. Pics are available if you are interested....

J
Old 11-02-2006, 07:01 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 530D Touring Silver Gray (A08), Auburn Dakota Leather (LCRK), Maple Wood, Steptronic, Bluetooth, 116 style 17'', Railbars, Sport suspension, Sport stering wheel

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='351243' date='Nov 1 2006, 03:11 PM
Well, here is an update. Just got home from driving around running some errands. It does not sync the phonebook (i.e. non-SIM). Also, the signal bars are no longer showing. I did install the jetware mobile software, and now all is well. The bluetooth implementation seems much more stable than the TyTn. No random disconnects. I love the form and function of the Treo much better than the TyTn. Easier one-handed operation. The only downside, as said before, would be the lack of HSDPA until first of the year. Not really a bummer as it is pretty darn fast with regular UMTS 3G.

Also, the messaging is nicer. Easier to text with the static keyboard and the palm tweaks to the software...Anyhow. Will keep the vodafone version until the Cingular one comes out, and then pass it off to the wife or my dad. Pics are available if you are interested....

J
just a simple question: do you have a BMW BT system integrated in the i-Drive or a Parrot?
Old 11-02-2006, 02:18 PM
Members

Both...I have the parrot in my 05 4runner and the bmw system in the 07 530i. I have perfect sync with the parrot system. No issues...Signal, Battery, Phonebook...

The BMW system is working OK. I only have the above stated issues.

J
Old 11-11-2006, 08:24 AM
Members

My Ride: MR2004 545

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='351243' date='Nov 1 2006, 04:11 PM

J
Would like to see pics. Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 11:32 PM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 530D Touring Silver Gray (A08), Auburn Dakota Leather (LCRK), Maple Wood, Steptronic, Bluetooth, 116 style 17'', Railbars, Sport suspension, Sport stering wheel

Originally Posted by jasonrhcastle' post='351243' date='Nov 1 2006, 03:11 PM
Well, here is an update. Just got home from driving around running some errands. It does not sync the phonebook (i.e. non-SIM).
J
Do you mean that SIM contacts are available on the i-drive screen and that contacts on the phone are not??

Pics please.......