Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Treo 650... WTF?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 07:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use my Sprint Treo 650 in my car everyday. Once the configuration was successful, it has worked flawlessly. I will update everyone on my next config. after BMW SC installs CIP 16.X.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Members

my sprint treo 650 works fine with my 2005 545i..... I do notice that if order to get them to see each other, I have to turn on the screen to the phone and let them sync... then turn off the screen.... otherwise it stays on and drains the battery.....

other than that it works very well..... even voice dialing from the phone book without having to train the system...
Old 04-28-2005, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by tcumbo' date='Apr 28 2005, 11:33 AM
You know, I don't see alot of SprintPCS Treo 650 owners here posting their success.? I have Cingular, and it works like a charm.

But I was considering switching to a SprintPCS 650 so my company can pick up my charges.? Uh oh.....
[snapback]121355[/snapback]
Get the company to switch to Cingular!

(BTW, I'm kidding around but if you think you actually want to do that, I can put you in touch with my Cingular business rep -- he's awesome to work with!)
Old 04-28-2005, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 Silver Gray 545i, Sport, Navigation, Steptronic, PDC, Windowshade, Bluetooth Paired with Treo 650, Huper Optik tint, Euro reflectors, Poplar Wood Gear Shift, Poplar Wood Console Cover

Originally Posted by FikseGTS' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:43 AM
my sprint treo 650 works fine with my 2005 545i.....? I do notice that if order to get them to see each other, I have to turn on the screen to the phone and let them sync... then turn off the screen....? otherwise it stays on and drains the battery.....

other than that it works very well.....? even voice dialing from the phone book without having to train the system...
[snapback]121361[/snapback]

It works like a charm. One thing you might want to try FikseGTS, is to "allow wakeup". Go to the bluetooth menu on your Treo and select it under "options". That should cure you having to turn the screen on.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:48 AM
[quote name='tcumbo' date='Apr 28 2005, 11:33 AM']You know, I don't see alot of SprintPCS Treo 650 owners here posting their success.? I have Cingular, and it works like a charm.

But I was considering switching to a SprintPCS 650 so my company can pick up my charges.? Uh oh.....
[snapback]121355[/snapback]
Get the company to switch to Cingular!

(BTW, I'm kidding around but if you think you actually want to do that, I can put you in touch with my Cingular business rep -- he's awesome to work with!)
[snapback]121364[/snapback]
[/quote]

My 650 from Cingular pairs fine. If only Cingular's service didn't suck in my area...
Old 04-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, SMG, Silver Grey, Black leather w/anthracite trim, Premium, Sport, Cold, Rear Fold Down Seats, Rear Seat Heating, Xenons. Mods: 545i chrome grill, Euro Red Reflectors and 20% window tint. Coming Soon: Dual LCD monitors w/DVD and Subwoofer install.

Originally Posted by FikseGTS' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:43 AM
my sprint treo 650 works fine with my

It works like a charm.? One thing you might want to try FikseGTS, is to "allow wakeup".? Go to the bluetooth menu on your Treo and select it under "options".? That should cure you having to turn the screen on.?
[snapback]121370[/snapback]
My Sprint Treo 650 seems to work pretty well. On occasion, I'll need to turn the screen on (keyguard disabled) to get the bluetooth to sync right away...However, I am going to try to "Allow Wakeup" setting noted above.

I do not have nav on my 2005 though so I think my only option is to train the car to call numbers. Here's a recap of how I call using voice control. (Previously trained car to dial "Home" through voice control and I-drive entry)

Press Call Button
I say "Dial Name"
System: "Please say the name"
I say "Dial Home"
System "Would you like to call Home?"
I say "Yes"
System "Dialing"
Call connect.

If anyone with a treo 650 from sprint has a non-nav car and can use voice dial without training the car, I'd love to hear from you.

Regardless, I am a happy Sprint Treo 650 user.

Matt
Old 04-28-2005, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by pughmat' date='Apr 28 2005, 11:07 AM
[quote name='FikseGTS' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:43 AM']my sprint treo 650 works fine with my

It works like a charm.? One thing you might want to try FikseGTS, is to "allow wakeup".? Go to the bluetooth menu on your Treo and select it under "options".? That should cure you having to turn the screen on.?
[snapback]121370[/snapback]
My Sprint Treo 650 seems to work pretty well. On occasion, I'll need to turn the screen on (keyguard disabled) to get the bluetooth to sync right away...However, I am going to try to "Allow Wakeup" setting noted above.

I do not have nav on my 2005 though so I think my only option is to train the car to call numbers. Here's a recap of how I call using voice control. (Previously trained car to dial "Home" through voice control and I-drive entry)

Press Call Button
I say "Dial Name"
System: "Please say the name"
I say "Dial Home"
System "Would you like to call Home?"
I say "Yes"
System "Dialing"
Call connect.

If anyone with a treo 650 from sprint has a non-nav car and can use voice dial without training the car, I'd love to hear from you.

Regardless, I am a happy Sprint Treo 650 user.

Matt
[snapback]121441[/snapback]
[/quote]

? I thought that you could only get voice control if you had Nav... I have a VC button on my steering wheel but it does jack. Is there a retrofit available that will enable this button?
Old 04-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i, SMG, Silver Grey, Black leather w/anthracite trim, Premium, Sport, Cold, Rear Fold Down Seats, Rear Seat Heating, Xenons. Mods: 545i chrome grill, Euro Red Reflectors and 20% window tint. Coming Soon: Dual LCD monitors w/DVD and Subwoofer install.

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Apr 28 2005, 12:21 PM
? I thought that you could only get voice control if you had Nav... I have a VC button on my steering wheel but it does jack. Is there a retrofit available that will enable this button?
[snapback]121446[/snapback]
Nope, it works for me, but the drawback is you have to train the voice control to match a number to the name. I believe (although I could be wrong) that this is the only voice control function for non-nav cars.

As far as the Treo, the favorites will display in the I-drive, but you can't use voice control to control them. Favorites can be recalled through the I-drive interface or you can use the training method to save the names to the car's memory.

If your bluetooth connection is not enabled and you don't have nav, the voice control button appears to not function at all. Once bluetooth is enabled, the radio will mute each time you press the voice button on the wheel. If voice control is enabled, you can press the voice button and after the beep say "Help" to hear a list of functions.

Matt
Old 04-28-2005, 12:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pughmat' date='Apr 28 2005, 01:29 PM
[quote name='Merzbow' date='Apr 28 2005, 12:21 PM']

Nope, it works for me, but the drawback is you have to train the voice control to match a number to the name. I believe (although I could be wrong) that this is the only voice control function for non-nav cars.

As far as the Treo, the favorites will display in the I-drive, but you can't use voice control to control them. Favorites can be recalled through the I-drive interface or you can use the training method to save the names to the car's memory.

If your bluetooth connection is not enabled and you don't have nav, the voice control button appears to not function at all. Once bluetooth is enabled, the radio will mute each time you press the voice button on the wheel. If voice control is enabled, you can press the voice button and after the beep say "Help" to hear a list of functions.

Matt
[snapback]121524[/snapback]
[/quote]

By Bluetooth enabled do you mean actively working - i.e. a phone is paired and turned on, or just installed? I have Bluetooth installed but no phone working with it. Pressing the VC button on my steering wheel has absolutely no effect on anything the car does.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Merzbow' date='Apr 28 2005, 01:50 PM
[quote name='pughmat' date='Apr 28 2005, 01:29 PM'][quote name='Merzbow' date='Apr 28 2005, 12:21 PM']

Matt
[snapback]121524[/snapback]
[/quote]

By Bluetooth enabled do you mean actively working - i.e. a phone is paired and turned on, or just installed? I have Bluetooth installed but no phone working with it. Pressing the VC button on my steering wheel has absolutely no effect on anything the car does.
[snapback]121533[/snapback]
[/quote]

OK sports fans here is the lowdown... spoke to a tech at the dealership. He said VC should be working, but many cars had come from the manufacturer with the VC software disabled/not installed. These are cars without Nav but with Bluetooth and with the VC button on the steering wheel. He's not 100% sure it can be fixed without checking the VIN first, but is confident. So next time my car hits the service bay I'll try to get this done.

Quick Reply: Treo 650... WTF?