Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

T630 Low volume on speach - Arial Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi

I have just purchased my new 525 with BT prep' and have got the T630 phone and car kit adaptor fitted. The issue I am having people are saying they can't hear me, where I can hear them ok.
I have noticed that the arial sign on the display on the dash is solid when no calls are active, but FLASHES when you are on a call. It's like that it needs an arial conection. That why I purchased the adaptor kit which give the arial but no joy.

Has any one else got such problems with the BT kit and a T630 ?

I can see the phone book fine.

Rgds
Dave
Old 08-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Members

I had that problem, pull the pannel from the roof with the microphone. a) make sure its on the right side, and b) pointing the right way (reverse it in the slot and try again - it can point slightly to the right or left.)
Old 08-09-2005, 02:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bdav' date='Aug 8 2005, 08:55 PM
I had that problem, pull the pannel from the roof with the microphone. a) make sure its on the right side, and b) pointing the right way (reverse it in the slot and try again - it can point slightly to the right or left.)
[snapback]157188[/snapback]

Thanks for that input i will try looking at the mic.

Have you noticed the Arial sign flashing on the display ?
Dose this mean that the phone is active or not a good signal level ?

Has any one seen this before
Old 08-09-2005, 02:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bdav' date='Aug 8 2005, 08:55 PM
[snapback]157188[/snapback]
Old 08-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DaveM' date='Aug 8 2005, 06:51 PM
Hi

I have just purchased my new 525 with BT prep' and have got the T630 phone and car kit adaptor fitted. The issue I am having people are saying they can't hear me, where I can hear them ok.
I have noticed that the arial sign on the display on the dash is solid when no calls are active, but FLASHES when you are on a call. It's like that it needs an arial conection. That why I purchased the adaptor kit which give the arial but no joy.

Rgds
Dave
[snapback]157148[/snapback]
do you change the T630's phone profile to InCar when you use it? by adaptor kit i assume u mean the cradle for the T630?

check the mic as described, sounds like the most likely cause. not sure what else to suggest, i have had no issues with my T630 and can hear and be heard ok.

guess you could also try the phone in one of your dealers loan cars for comparison, if they have one with BT prep.

not sure about the signal strength flashing when on a call (i'll check next time i'm in the car), not noticed that, you sure the phone cradle is securely installed? maybe get the parts dept to swap your cradle for a new one.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Members

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Aug 9 2005, 12:25 PM
[quote name='DaveM' date='Aug 8 2005, 06:51 PM']Hi

Rgds
Dave
do you change the T630's phone profile to InCar when you use it? by adaptor kit i assume u mean the cradle for the T630?

check the mic as described, sounds like the most likely cause. not sure what else to suggest, i have had no issues with my T630 and can hear and be heard ok.

guess you could also try the phone in one of your dealers loan cars for comparison, if they have one with BT prep.

not sure about the signal strength flashing when on a call (i'll check next time i'm in the car), not noticed that, you sure the phone cradle is securely installed? maybe get the parts dept to swap your cradle for a new one.
[snapback]157464[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 08-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Aug 9 2005, 12:25 PM
[quote name='DaveM' date='Aug 8 2005, 06:51 PM']Hi

Rgds
Dave

[snapback]157464[/snapback]
[/quote]

I will check the car profile with the car cradle kit, will repair phone while in cradle, to see if this helps.

I have spoken to BMW today the Flashing arial sign is because the phone is in use they told me. Also found out that my car was made in week6 this year, so might not have the latest S/W in as car made from 1st march are meant to have.

Thanks for your suggestions