Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Sony Ericsson P910i

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

I've a Sony Ericsson P910i PDA phone. The car's bluetooth system wouldn't download the phonebook list to the car. I can only use it for calls and redials only. Anyone know a way to fix that?
Old 09-29-2005, 03:20 AM
Members

I have a P910i, the phonebook never transfered to the car and sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, very annoying.
I have a E63, the bluetooth is the same as the E60.
My phone has the latest sw version and the car is at the shop installing v19, I had previously V18.

Is it working all the time?
Old 09-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 X6 xDrive 3.5

RM666, please let me know what's the difference after you have v19 installed. And MP3? Phonebook?....
Old 10-03-2005, 08:51 AM
Members

Bambi,

I didn't try the MP3, but for what I read from other V19 users there is no MP3 yet, maybe in V20. For other things, it seems it cured the problem of the message "High battery drain"
I have a problem with the car starting but it didn't fix that.

Now I can't even try other things because my screen didn't turn on 2 days ago and never turned on again.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:21 AM
JMB
Members

Originally Posted by Bambi' date='Sep 28 2005, 07:27 AM
I've a Sony Ericsson P910i PDA phone. The car's bluetooth system wouldn't download the phonebook list to the car. I can only use it for calls and redials only. Anyone know a way to fix that?
[snapback]176183[/snapback]
Bambi, try the following, it worked for me...

1) Pair the phone (well, i suppose you have it paired)

2) Turn off bluetooth in the phone

3) Go to Contacts -> Send this folder -> as bluetooth -> BMWxxxxxx

(This temporarily turns on the bluetooth in the phone and sends the contact database. Bluetooth is turned off in the previous step because it seems it's not possible to have a voice link and data link at the same time)

4) Turn on bluetooth in the phone, it should link now to the car, and you would see the phonebook.

By the way, P910 is erratic working with the car, and couldn't find why. BUT, if you enable bluetooth in the phone AFTER starting the car, it works for me 90% of the time.
If the bluetooth in the phone is enabled before entering the car, communication is lost most of the time...

So, when i went out of the car, i disable bluetooth, and when I come back, I enable it after starting my car. (Or I use my other SE K700i, that works fine "most" of the time... nothing is perfect)

Hope it helps!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport , Silver Grey , Leather upholstery , Xenon Headlamps , Hamann complete front bumper , ACS side skirts ACS roof spoiler , ACS boot spoiler , ACS rear vallance Wheels Radnergie R5 rims pirelli front 235 x 35 x20 rear 275 x30 x30

JMB

Getting as far as

3) Go to Contacts -> Send this folder -> as bluetooth ->

But not getting the option to selct the bmw**** option justsearches but has nothing to send to , any clues ? what firmware vesion do you have on the P910i
Old 10-26-2005, 03:05 AM
JMB
Members

Originally Posted by Bambi' date='Sep 28 2005, 07:27 AM
[snapback]176183[/snapback]
Read my answer to you some posts below...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Gadgetboy' date='Oct 25 2005, 03:34 PM
JMB

Getting as far as

3) Go to Contacts -> Send this folder -> as bluetooth ->

But not getting the option to selct the bmw**** option justsearches but has nothing to send? to , any clues ? what firmware vesion do you have on the P910i
[snapback]188439[/snapback]
In my car the only way for my phone to see the car is when the car is in "pairing mode" menu.
I did try to send the contacts manually sending the folder, and it does send the folder but the A-Z contacts list doesn't show anything, It's empty.

I don't have the car right now but you can try to pair the phone and immediatly (still in the cars "pairing mode" menu send the cantacts folder then see if anything shows up...
Old 11-04-2005, 01:53 AM
Members

I have a Sony Ericsson P900 and I can get to pair with the car but can not use it. Car kept on displaying "please activate phone".

I was able to pair Sony Ericsson V800 and make calls. Any ideas why?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Members

P900 & P800 do not work since it requires a new BT chip inside phone with handsfree profile. This is still not a solution since it is only handsfree profile SE, while BMW uses the profile standardized by Siemens! (there are 2 industry standards for BT handsfree, go figure)

read what I posted once in another BMW forum about this - the phonebook issue is not what it seems to be!

==========
for a colleague here at work who has a Motorola Razor V3 and a 330Ci, he was wondering if his phone was compatible with BMW BT (he may retrofit it)

So we went into my M3, paired his phone, and yep, it worked great. In/out calls work on the fly, phonebook transferred, but not SMS support (always says empty)

So I can confirm the Motorola V3 works basically fine unless you absolutely want SMS on your navscreen

but now comes the weird thing. When he initially paired the phone successfully, and after switching off & on the car to use the system, my P910 phonebook was displayed!!
After 10s or so, the Motorola phonebook replaced it, as expected.

My P910 BT was OFF for the tests, but so the BMW KEEPS TRACK OF THE P910 PHONEBOOK.
It just 'masks' the phonebook once the P910 repairs when switching on the car, so I think there is just something wrong with SE BT implementation: my theory:

P910 pairs & transfers phonebook OK to BMW
BMW now stored in its BT module memory the phonebook for P910
BMW BT system activated after restart, will associate the phonebook with P910
due to some bug in SE's P910 BT implementation, the BMW mistakenly thinks the stored phonebook does not belong to the P910 which is pairing to.
Thus it masks the phonebook

I'm sure this is just a very slight bug in the P910, but I'm sure SE will NOT fix it to promote their own carkits - they always reply when you contact them with the same std BS message that it should work but it was not tested... :thumbsdown:

I wonder if anyone knows what the BMW BT uses to 'recognize' a phone, since it has support upto 4 BT phones for 1 car, there must be something the phone is sending to identify itself to the BMW (the name? some IMEI number? some special BT pairing certificate/key) Maybe some little patch or symbian tool may help sending that to the BMW, but to have that programmed by a Symbian guy I first need to find out what is the 'missing link' in this story.
I can change name of phone, will still connect afterwards with BMW, but will still display the name of the phone as it was when being paired....so it must be something else it seems!

Anyway, whatever it is, the P910 does not send what the BMW needs... will get back in touch with SE to propose them to look back into this issue for many people's sake. Coz without a phonebook, calling from the car is a nightmare, but at least the incoming calls work most of the time, but not always (often 1 out of 3 times it loses BT connection when it rings and will reconnect when call is finished, go figure... it displays during the call in the top menu bar an ugly black struckthrough 'P', nowhere is explained what this icon means)

Quick Reply: Sony Ericsson P910i