Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Smart-Phone

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

My apologies to the moderators for posting here. I am hoping for a quick response.

I finally purchased a Motorola Q9M Windows Mobile 6. I have it syncing with my Exchange 2007 server and for all intents the phone is doing a great job. My problem is that it only has one contact list which has 1120 items and maybe 3 times as many phone numbers. I don't need more that 20 of these to pair to the car.

Is there anyway I can set up a separate phone book, or filter these. The phone book only loads to the P's and obviously voice dialing is rendered useless. I don't need the international phone number for my uncle nor do I need the thousands of vendors and leads that I have worked with over the last 10 years.

Please help
Old 09-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

Originally Posted by Hormazd' post='467449' date='Sep 8 2007, 03:49 PM
My apologies to the moderators for posting here. I am hoping for a quick response.

I finally purchased a Motorola Q9M Windows Mobile 6. I have it syncing with my Exchange 2007 server and for all intents the phone is doing a great job. My problem is that it only has one contact list which has 1120 items and maybe 3 times as many phone numbers. I don't need more that 20 of these to pair to the car.

Is there anyway I can set up a separate phone book, or filter these. The phone book only loads to the P's and obviously voice dialing is rendered useless. I don't need the international phone number for my uncle nor do I need the thousands of vendors and leads that I have worked with over the last 10 years.

Please help
Try creating a subfolder for all contacts you want to keep - but not sync - and keep just the ones you want to sync in the regular Contacts folder in your Mailbox file. This would probably work unless you want to keep all contacts in your phone, but not have them accessible by the car.