Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Separating Aux from Bluetooth/MULF

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 01:49 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535I
Default Separating Aux from Bluetooth/MULF

I have had the same problems that many have had with loss of aux/usb/bluetooth w/ sos. I checked out my MULF and it looks to be quite destroyed along with the connections/wires that lead to it under the spare. If I thought connectors would still work I would be replacing the MULF right away, but I am concerned that they will not and I have never rewired connectors before and its something I would like to avoid if possible. The reason this all came up is because I simply am looking for a way to play music in the car other then the radio cd, so MY QUESTION IS: is there a way to bypass the MULF and lose bluetooth, but still be able to retain the use of the AUX jack? Thank you so much!
Old 09-30-2019, 02:13 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535I

Originally Posted by sheagaffney
I have had the same problems that many have had with loss of aux/usb/bluetooth w/ sos. I checked out my MULF and it looks to be quite destroyed along with the connections/wires that lead to it under the spare. If I thought connectors would still work I would be replacing the MULF right away, but I am concerned that they will not and I have never rewired connectors before and its something I would like to avoid if possible. The reason this all came up is because I simply am looking for a way to play music in the car other then the radio cd, so MY QUESTION IS: is there a way to bypass the MULF and lose bluetooth, but still be able to retain the use of the AUX jack? Thank you so much!

Also I have the non Hi-Fi system in my 2008 535i, is there a way to connect an aux cable going directly to the headunit?