Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

SE M600i

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 12:09 PM
iQi
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

I got my new Sony Ericsson M600i yesterday.

On the first attempt, the phone paired successfuly with the car's BT. However, it couldn't transfer the phonebook at all, and the only available option was Dial Number. Voice quality and all was great.

Today....... the M600i failed to connect to the BT!!.. I deleted the phone from the list and paired again, it did not work!... I tried everything: deleted the BT device from the phone, paired again, deleted the connection from both sides, no hope!... it fails to connect.

Anybody knows how to solve such a problem?... why it paired successfuly first, then couldn't do that again?

Your advice will be much appreciated.

iQi
Old 08-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Members

at least yours worked... mine paired ok but then it never connected. i did the software upgrade but still nothing..I am beginning to hate! this phone. if you find out anything let me know
Alessandro

Originally Posted by iQi' post='301628' date='Jun 22 2006, 04:09 PM
Hi,

I got my new Sony Ericsson M600i yesterday.

On the first attempt, the phone paired successfuly with the car's BT. However, it couldn't transfer the phonebook at all, and the only available option was Dial Number. Voice quality and all was great.

Today....... the M600i failed to connect to the BT!!.. I deleted the phone from the list and paired again, it did not work!... I tried everything: deleted the BT device from the phone, paired again, deleted the connection from both sides, no hope!... it fails to connect.

Anybody knows how to solve such a problem?... why it paired successfuly first, then couldn't do that again?

Your advice will be much appreciated.
iQi
Old 08-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Senior Members

Hi,

The rule of thumb is to STAY OFF either Windows based or Symbian based mobiles. Even propriety based OS phones can have some hiccups once in a while. Tricks like deleting SMSes within the inbox solves some issues in SE's phones, so you may need to experiment to find out.

I like my PDA phone, but it has symbian OS, so it is now in cold storage
Old 08-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 525i -04 bluetooth, business nav,

Hi!

I paired my new M600i yesterday and first time it worked good, but couldn?t acess to the adress book, but after restart of the car it worked I could see the adress book and call from it.

but if somebody calls me it doesnt works I will try more later, I hade a Sony Ericsson Z1010 and it worked very good.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Members

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well on the way home from my work I received 2 calls, and t relly worked good, the callers name and number displayed on the display and i accpeted the call and the sound was very good!

I?m so happy now

Hopefully it will work now.

Old 09-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Members

Hell Folks!

My Car was in to BMW dealer here for service and som fix, they updated the software to latest CIP 22.1.2 something...

and now my m600 doesn?t works the blutooth communications works but the adress book doenst apear

I talk to they technician and he said i must be lucky that it worked before, because symbian should not works with it.

So i have to wait maybe it will works with newer CIP och newer firmware. :thumbsdown:

I miss my adressbook
Old 10-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Any update on the M600i. I hear that with the latest firmware R9A002 it's fine. Can anyone confirm this? I'm looking especially for people with Sat Nav.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Members

SURPRISE!

I dont know how but today it works suddenly!!!

I received a call and the name showed upp in the display!!!

And later i open the adressbook, and alla names was there....

I Updated my phone for 3-4 days ago.

hmm weird but i AM SO HAPPY NOW !!!!!

M600i works now!!!!!
Old 10-28-2006, 04:02 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by Dimahr' post='349719' date='Oct 28 2006, 08:09 PM
SURPRISE!

I dont know how but today it works suddenly!!!

I received a call and the name showed upp in the display!!!

And later i open the adressbook, and alla names was there....

I Updated my phone for 3-4 days ago.
hmm weird but i AM SO HAPPY NOW !!!!!

M600i works now!!!!!
Like I said!

So the P990i can't be that far off then. Also the W950i should be able to work too. Only because they all are based on the same OS. Infact the M600i has always got the firmware fixes before the P990i. Can anyone speak for the P990i and W950i as yet.