Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Recommended phones

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

Started to look at cell phones today for my BMW
first - I can get an e815 for $50 with 2 year subscription - good idea or not
second - I can get 2 e815's for $50 each - one for me and one for my wife - does each phone download and work theough the BMW or only one phone?
third - Cingulair guy said he can hook any bluetooth phon to the BMW - does not matter if recommened or not - is this true?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i -Brilliant Graphite/Oyster 2006 E5004matic- I must have been on drugs when I got this car 2004 545i Black Sapphire/Truffle Brown interior

Originally Posted by dgjk' post='196261' date='Nov 10 2005, 12:32 PM
second - I can get 2 e815's for $50 each - one for me and one for my wife - does each phone download and work theough the BMW or only one phone?
third - Cingulair guy said he can hook any bluetooth phon to the BMW - does not matter if recommened or not - is this true?
I got the 815 two weeks ago and it paired fine. The phone works well, however at times people tell me that the sound over BMW handsfree is not great. I have previously shied away from MOTO products since I had the Star Tack phone. I don't like the recharge plug on the Moto, it is two pronged and yesterday's technology. My last phones were Samsung and they outlasted their batteries which was around 2 years each.

So far no problems with the 815 andd the battery lasts a long time even using bluetooth. I am sure that you can pair both 815's as they each have a unique esn number. You may however get confused when both you and your wife are in the car at the same time because at the bottom of the Idrive screen it states Motorola.
Actually your car may get more confusded than you.

Truthfully here in Canada with Bell as the Cell carrier we have been very limited on bluetooth products, at first we only had the LG 325 and just 2 weeks ago we got the Moto, so the Moto was the lesser of two evils for me.
Old 11-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: ActiveHybrid - fully tricked out
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by gabman' post='196302
I got the 815 two weeks ago and it paired fine. The phone works well, however at times people tell me that the sound over BMW handsfree is not great. I have previously shied away from MOTO products since I had the Star Tack phone. I don't like the recharge plug on the Moto, it is two pronged and yesterday's technology. My last phones were Samsung and they outlasted their batteries which was around 2 years each.

So far no problems with the 815 andd the battery lasts a long time even using bluetooth. I am sure that you can pair both 815's as they each have a unique esn number. You may however get confused when both you and your wife are in the car at the same time because at the bottom of the Idrive screen it states Motorola.
Actually your car may get more confusded than you.

Truthfully here in Canada with Bell as the Cell carrier we have been very limited on bluetooth products, at first we only had the LG 325 and just 2 weeks ago we got the Moto, so the Moto was the lesser of two evils for me.
[/quote]

Bell Canada - at least through my corporate program - offers the Blackberry 7250. I picked one up a week ago. Also paid $250 canadian to have the bluetooth enabled in the car. Seems to work pretty well. People can hear me well, but my wife complains that it's echo'y.

Watch out though that the Blackberry won't share it's phone book. Rats.

Cheers.