Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Razr Battery life.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2005 | 06:51 PM
Members

Just figured this out. Most of you using then Razr may know this already.

Just in case. I just found out I could temporarily turn the Bluetooth function on, and when I exited the vehicle it auto shuts off.

Now I only need to remember to turn it on, not off.

Except for the better antenna output and reception with a cradle (which is not available with the Razr) I am glad I am not using a cradle since I use the phone with a power cable from the cigarette lighter in the car and have access to buttons on the Razr which I couldn?t if the phone was in a cradle.

Phone battery now last 3 to 4 days without a charge.
Old 06-05-2005 | 12:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport A - Dec 04. Titanium Silver. Nav Pro

Originally Posted by Bimmer06530i' date='Jun 5 2005, 03:51 AM
Just figured this out.? Most of you using then Razr may know this already.

Just in case.? I just found out I could temporarily turn the Bluetooth function on, and when I exited the vehicle it auto shuts off.

Except for the better antenna output and reception with a cradle (which is not available with the Razr) I am glad I am not using a cradle since I use the phone with a power cable from the cigarette lighter in the car and have access to buttons on the Razr which I couldn?t if the phone was in a cradle.

[snapback]136267[/snapback]
What do you mean by "temporarily" turning BT on? On my Razr V3 (Black) i have option to power it on or off, no temporary switch on! So, once BT is swiched on it stays on until I switch it off!. So, please can you tell us the procedure for the "temporary" BT switch on.

Thank you ,
Wlodek
Old 06-05-2005 | 04:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i (steptronic) 12/04 build, Alpine White/Beige Leather/Poplar Trim, Sport, Nav, Cold Weather, Active Steering

Originally Posted by Wlodek' date='Jun 5 2005, 04:51 AM
[quote name='Bimmer06530i' date='Jun 5 2005, 03:51 AM']Just figured this out.? Most of you using then Razr may know this already.

Just in case.? I just found out I could temporarily turn the Bluetooth function on, and when I exited the vehicle it auto shuts off.

What do you mean by "temporarily" turning BT on? On my Razr V3 (Black) i have option to power it on or off, no temporary switch on! So, once BT is swiched on it stays on until I switch it off!. So, please can you tell us the procedure for the "temporary" BT switch on.

Thank you ,
Wlodek
[snapback]136316[/snapback]
[/quote]

Try this menu sequence: Settings, then Connection, then Bluetooth Link, then Handsfree. The next page will ask if you want Bluetooth temporarily powered on.
Old 06-05-2005 | 06:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Ti Silver, Sport Package, Premium Sound Previous BMWs: 2004 745i. 2000 M5, 2000 X5, 1995 525 Touring

This works for the Moto 710 as well -- exact same key sequence. I made a shortcut (go to the handsfree settings, then press & hold the menu button) so I can turn it on quickly.

--Les
05 545i

Originally Posted by HEF545i' date='Jun 5 2005, 07:24 AM
[quote name='Wlodek' date='Jun 5 2005, 04:51 AM'][quote name='Bimmer06530i' date='Jun 5 2005, 03:51 AM']Just figured this out.? Most of you using then Razr may know this already.

Thank you ,
Wlodek
[/quote]

Try this menu sequence: Settings, then Connection, then Bluetooth Link, then Handsfree. The next page will ask if you want Bluetooth temporarily powered on.
[snapback]136341[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 06-05-2005 | 06:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d Sport A - Dec 04. Titanium Silver. Nav Pro

Originally Posted by HEF545i' date='Jun 5 2005, 01:24 PM
[quote name='Wlodek' date='Jun 5 2005, 04:51 AM'][quote name='Bimmer06530i' date='Jun 5 2005, 03:51 AM']Just figured this out.? Most of you using then Razr may know this already.

Thank you ,
Wlodek
[/quote]

[snapback]136341[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, it works perfectly!

Wlodek
Old 06-06-2005 | 12:03 PM
Senior Members

The razr is actually a wonderful pjone. A pity BMW doesn't have the cradle.