Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Proffession telephone and SIM cards

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:17 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D

To owners with Prof BMW telephone:

I have double sim-cards for my mobile number (one in handy, one in the car). The problem is that if you I get out of the car, 15 minutes later it will start making some check-up and switch on the phone. Therefore this set becomes active line user (takes the net from my handy). But what is worse that even after the car finally falls asleep the telephone still blocks the net (normally it shud let it go for handy) as active line user and I am not receiving any calls on my handy unless I call myself from my handy or reswitch(off+on) it. One tech here who has been on traineeship in Munich managed to fix it some time ago but after the last software update I have this problem again. Unfly this tech has left the garage and nobody else knows what to do... Anybody can help?
Old 01-28-2005, 11:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 530D SE Touring, Titanium Grey, 122 Wheels, Pro Nav, Pro Phone, Pro Radio, Advanced Air, 6 Disc Autochanger, Dakota Black Leather, Auto, Panoramic Sunroof, De chrome, mats, Bi-xenons, PDC, Service inclusive and Tracker.

Originally Posted by igor' date='Jan 28 2005, 01:17 PM
To owners with Prof BMW telephone:

I have double sim-cards for my mobile number (one in handy, one in the car). The problem is that if you I get out of the car, 15 minutes later it will start making some check-up and switch on the phone. Therefore this set becomes active line user (takes the net from my handy). But what is worse that even after the car finally falls asleep the telephone still blocks the net (normally it shud let it go for handy) as active line user and I am not receiving any calls on my handy unless I call myself from my handy or reswitch(off+on) it. One tech here who has been on traineeship in Munich managed to fix it some time ago but after the last software update I have this problem again. Unfly this tech has left? the garage and? nobody else knows what to do... Anybody can help?
[snapback]84150[/snapback]
Hi

go into settings in the phone handset and you can set the delay in minutes before it switches off when you turn the car off. Mine was set to 15 minutes so i changed it to 2 minutes so it changes over much quicker.

cheers paul
Old 01-29-2005, 02:53 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_cashvanveen_*' date='Jan 28 2005, 02:20 PM
[quote name='igor' date='Jan 28 2005, 01:17 PM']To owners with Prof BMW telephone:

I have double sim-cards for my mobile number (one in handy, one in the car). The problem is that if you I get out of the car, 15 minutes later it will start making some check-up and switch on the phone. Therefore this set becomes active line user (takes the net from my handy). But what is worse that even after the car finally falls asleep the telephone still blocks the net (normally it shud let it go for handy) as active line user and I am not receiving any calls on my handy unless I call myself from my handy or reswitch(off+on) it. One tech here who has been on traineeship in Munich managed to fix it some time ago but after the last software update I have this problem again. Unfly this tech has left? the garage and? nobody else knows what to do... Anybody can help?
[snapback]84150[/snapback]
Hi

go into settings in the phone handset and you can set the delay in minutes before it switches off when you turn the car off. Mine was set to 15 minutes so i changed it to 2 minutes so it changes over much quicker.

cheers paul
[snapback]84202[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for advice,Paul
We have tried all the combinations but the problem is that even if you set it on
immeddate switch off , 15 min later the car during check-up automatically switches it on...and after as above....
Old 01-29-2005, 04:15 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

I also have double cards for my pro phone. I have the master card in my cell phone and the extra card in the car. When I get in to the car I just switch off my cell phone. Now all calls are transfered to the car. Works great!
Old 01-30-2005, 06:50 AM
Senior Members

Here there is no master card. Both cards are equal. The last set in operation is the active line user. The problem is that the car after the automatical check-up does not let the line go to handy for active use.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:03 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by igor' date='Jan 30 2005, 04:50 PM
Here there is no master card. Both cards are equal. The last set in operation is the active line user. The problem is that the car after the automatical check-up does not let the line go to handy for active use.
[snapback]84786[/snapback]
Are you sure your operater can't offer the same solution I have? I'm using Vodafone, may differ from contry to contry. As I said in my previous post I have one 'master' card in my handy and the 'twin' card in my car. When my handy is on all calls goes to it, and when it's turned off all calls goes to the car. And I can still make outgoing calls from my car even when my handy is turned on.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipp' date='Jan 30 2005, 10:03 AM
[quote name='igor' date='Jan 30 2005, 04:50 PM']Here there is no master card. Both cards are equal. The last set in operation is the active line user. The problem is that the car after the automatical check-up does not let the line go to handy for active use.
[snapback]84786[/snapback]
Are you sure your operater can't offer the same solution I have? I'm using Vodafone, may differ from contry to contry. As I said in my previous post I have one 'master' card in my handy and the 'twin' card in my car. When my handy is on all calls goes to it, and when it's turned off all calls goes to the car. And I can still make outgoing calls from my car even when my handy is turned on.
[snapback]84790[/snapback]
[/quote]

There is no other solution here in Lux. You can make calls from any phone you want at any mom. This set will become immly active line user. But the problem is when receiving calls... the one which currently is registered as active will recieve the call. In my case this cud be the car set if I do not reinitialise my handy.
Old 02-05-2005, 03:11 AM
Senior Members

For those who might be concerned: solution found!
You shud set up the delay of the thelephone switch off on 1 hour. Works now with mine
without problems....
Old 02-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

I have a problem when in the middle of a call in my car, I turn off the car and want to continue the call using my handy/cell phone. I have not figured out how to transfer the call to the handy once my car goes off.

My car seems to keep control of the call even when it is off, and the display and audio continue after I leave the car and lock it, and open my handy/cell.

Any ideas?
Old 02-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Feb 5 2005, 05:35 PM
I have a problem when in the middle of a call in my car, I turn off the car and want to continue the call using my handy/cell phone. I have not figured out how to transfer the call to the handy once my car goes off.

My car seems to keep control of the call even when it is off, and the display and audio continue after I leave the car and lock it, and open my handy/cell.

Any ideas?
[snapback]87030[/snapback]
I think you are in the wrong thread.
This is about the phone pro, but you are talking about BT, right?

Quick Reply: Proffession telephone and SIM cards