Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Problems connecting Androind devices

Old 05-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also forgot to add something else i noticed, inadvertently I stumbled onto something that I think may be the key to solving this contacts thing. Sorry in advance but its kinda long to explain.

So I was trying to code something onto my car using ncs expert and accidentally reset all my coding settings back to default. my car didn't originally come with bt so in doing so i removed the ability to enable bt. when i realized what happened i went back to code everything back on to the car. afterwards I went to pair up the phone with the car and every time I would get as far as putting the 0000 password in both my phone and car but it would never pair up. I noticed in the bluetooth settings area of my phone it would show bmw63823 or whatever and when i click on it it would say paired but not connected. the key thing I noticed was that the icon in the scan for devices screen next to bmw63823 was a picture of a cell phone..... at the time it looked strange to me but nothing clicked in my head. Any way I wasn't able to pair my phone with the car anymore because of my coding blunders it just kept getting stuck at the verifying passkey screen and then failing to pair. after some council from simon, I went back into ncs and examined all parameters and modules having to do with activating bt. When I went into the tcum module there was a parameter called portable bluetooth and it was set to not active, I tried to set it to activ and recode the car and voila my phone paired up again....BUT I noticed this time in the bt settings of my phone where it says scan for devices it shows bmw63823 and the icon was a picture of a headset.

So whatever that parameter did was change my phone from being recognized as another cell to an earpiece. Now why didn't the car pair up when it thought it was communicating with another cell I dunno?? Can't really speculate but what I take away from it is maybe in order to transfer contacts to the address book maybe the phone has to recognize the car as a type of device that it would need to transfer contacts to and typically one wouldn't need to transfer contacts to a headset.

So my question to all of you who have gotten an android phone to properly pair up and transfer contacts... What kind of icon is next to the name of your bmw in the scan for devices screen? maybe if its not a headset that could tell us why our cars wont take the phone books?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:53 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

Unfortunately my car has been stolen by my dad for the day and my phone is away for repair (screen damage) .

Im on an iphone currently and haven't paired it with the car. When i get my phone back ill post with the connection type to the car.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

Yeah man thanks for your help, I'm hoping I could really be up to something here
Old 05-02-2012, 05:22 AM
Members

What your saying make sense to me. If the car tells the phone its a headset then its only going to steam the audio and answer / hang up. If the car tells the phone that it is a device with sim / address book access ( this is where yous should get the message to accept access to the phonebook) it should sync the contacts.

Regarding kernel updates, I've played around lots with roms and kernels and yes some are unstable but there are plenty of good ones too. You can try different kernels as they do tend to play with the radio stacks / Bluetooth / wifi, i think even the GPS. This may help with the pairing. Make sure you do a full backup, just in case.

Ill have a look around for some app that may allow you to change the Bluetooth profile. Ill let you know if i find anything.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:06 AM
Members

Well ive done a few test with my tablet. It pairs with the car and asks to access my contacts. It has the headphone icon next to it on the tablet. I can access all my contacts from the car. It wont call, wasn't expecting it too.

Its a transformer tf101 running stock kernels and stock ICS. Car is a uk 2006 with pro nav and media pack.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by turbo_lew
Well ive done a few test with my tablet. It pairs with the car and asks to access my contacts. It has the headphone icon next to it on the tablet. I can access all my contacts from the car. It wont call, wasn't expecting it too.

Its a transformer tf101 running stock kernels and stock ICS. Car is a uk 2006 with pro nav and media pack.

Hope this helps.
Wow head phone icon Dang I was hoping to hear otherwise, but thanks so much for your time testing and help.... Back to the drawing board I guess
Old 05-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Members

When my Motorola razr is back from repair ill check that too.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
New Members

can you advise me, please?
I would like to pair 2 phones with 1 bluetooth solar charge speaker device in my car.
but I've found 3 models having different bluetooth versions and don't know how to choose.
here 3 links for devices and 2 links with both my phones.

this has bluetooth V. BlueCore 3

this is bluetooth V. 2.0

this has bluetooth V. 2.1

this is smartphone ZOPO ZP 200 cu Bluetooth with EDR & A2DP

and this is the second smartphone to pair with bluetooth:
LG OPTIMUS BLACK cu v2.1 with A2DP, EDR

may I have your advices as quickly as posible, please?

thank you.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by oalgvi17
can you advise me, please?
I would like to pair 2 phones with 1 bluetooth solar charge speaker device in my car.
but I've found 3 models having different bluetooth versions and don't know how to choose.
here 3 links for devices and 2 links with both my phones.

this has bluetooth V. BlueCore 3

this is bluetooth V. 2.0

this has bluetooth V. 2.1

this is smartphone ZOPO ZP 200 cu Bluetooth with EDR & A2DP

and this is the second smartphone to pair with bluetooth:
LG OPTIMUS BLACK cu v2.1 with A2DP, EDR

may I have your advices as quickly as posible, please?

thank you.
Ok correct me if I'm wrong but it seems you want to pair up some phones with one of those 3 devices...... You would only need to use the speaker if your car doesnt have bt. In Which case I does matter which one you choose because it has nothing to do with your car. Just need to verify that your phones are compatible with with the speakers. Supposing your car does have bt already then there's no need for the speaker because the car should already have a built in Mic and sound gets plated through the car speakers. However please note there is no music steaming VIA bt unless you have cic with 6nr. So if you just wanna pair the phones with the car thats As simple as activating bt on the idrive and entering a passkey
Old 05-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Members

im sure phones are backward compatible with lower bt version, so it shouldn't matter as long as the speaker is no higher that the lowest phone version.

someone correct me if im wrong

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Problems connecting Androind devices