Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Private Call

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 08:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

I am using V710 and Bluetooth. It works fine.

Question: Does anyone know how I can use the phone on the handset without going through the car stereo? At times I want to have a private conversation without other passengers hearing it. When i get in the car, Bluetooth automatically takes over, sound is muted from the handset and everything goes through the speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Teriyaki
Old 05-18-2005, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

With my Mot V551, I can create a short-cut key that leads me to BT ON/OFF, so if I just pick up the phone and turn off BT from the phone and the calls will be transfered back to the phone.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='May 18 2005, 09:33 AM
With my Mot V551, I can create a short-cut key that leads me to BT ON/OFF, so if I just pick up the phone and turn off BT from the phone and the calls will be transfered back to the phone.
[snapback]130176[/snapback]
True, but its takes a while and is impractical
Old 05-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Contributors

...after reading all the possible privacy problems with BT for the phone as well as not wanting to load phone numbers into the car, i went out and bought a BT headset so when i get my car i just wont sync the phone with iDrive,

the headset is easy to use, has all the voice command, and those on the other end have told me it sounds clear...
Old 05-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by m630' date='May 18 2005, 10:11 AM
...after reading all the possible privacy problems with BT for the phone as well as not wanting to load phone numbers into the car, i went out and bought a BT headset so when i get my car i just wont sync the phone with iDrive,

the headset is easy to use, has all the voice command, and those on the other end have told me it sounds clear...
[snapback]130192[/snapback]
yes good alternative, not nearly as parctical. I am fortunate that I rarely require privacy in the car. The couteous thing to do is inform the calling party that you have passengers. Simple speaker phone etiquette.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='May 18 2005, 11:14 AM
[quote name='m630' date='May 18 2005, 10:11 AM']...after reading all the possible privacy problems with BT for the phone as well as not wanting to load phone numbers into the car, i went out and bought a BT headset so when i get my car i just wont sync the phone with iDrive,

yes good alternative, not nearly as parctical. I am fortunate that I rarely require privacy in the car. The couteous thing to do is inform the calling party that you have passengers. Simple speaker phone etiquette.
[snapback]130194[/snapback]
[/quote]
I wish the guy 2 cubicles over would get the speaker phone etiquette training. Sometimes it is downright embarassing. He does not notify anybody, including his family members. U can hear in a 5 cube circle anything and everything. I've spoken to him a couple of times on just the noise issue, but I think the next time I'll let him know I do not think his wife wants us to hear their little domestic issues around the building. :bashwall:

Ok rant over, thanks
Old 05-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by m630' date='May 18 2005, 11:11 AM

I have tried this, but I don't like wearing the ear set in the car because it defeats the purpose of having L7 premium sound. It blocks 1/2 of hearing, or 7 1/2 speakers, or 1/2 of $1,800 + tax you paid for L7.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:57 AM
Contributors

i thought that way too when i first used the headset, but then i thought, it only takes a second to put on, so i leave it off until i need to make or take a call, since I wouldnt have the radio loud anyway....
Old 05-18-2005, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='May 18 2005, 12:01 PM
I am using V710 and Bluetooth.? It works fine.

Question: Does anyone know how I can use the phone on the handset without going through the car stereo?? At times I want to have a private conversation without other passengers hearing it.? When i get in the car, Bluetooth automatically takes over, sound is muted from the handset and everything goes through the speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Teriyaki
[snapback]130163[/snapback]
I've been trying to work this issue as well. Here's what I've discovered so far -

While on a BT call, you can hit the V710 menu button, and there's an item that says something like "Use Handset". By selecting that option, the BT link is dropped and you can use the phone. It's pretty simple. Here's the problem - it only seems to work for a few minutes, and then the car takes over the call again. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 05-18-2005, 06:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='May 18 2005, 07:31 PM
[quote name='teriyaki88' date='May 18 2005, 12:01 PM']I am using V710 and Bluetooth.? It works fine.

Question: Does anyone know how I can use the phone on the handset without going through the car stereo?? At times I want to have a private conversation without other passengers hearing it.? When i get in the car, Bluetooth automatically takes over, sound is muted from the handset and everything goes through the speakers.

Thanks in advance.

Teriyaki
[snapback]130163[/snapback]
I've been trying to work this issue as well. Here's what I've discovered so far -

While on a BT call, you can hit the V710 menu button, and there's an item that says something like "Use Handset". By selecting that option, the BT link is dropped and you can use the phone. It's pretty simple. Here's the problem - it only seems to work for a few minutes, and then the car takes over the call again. Anyone else have this problem?
[snapback]130399[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yeah that is how it works (that is - the feature is temporary). Good if you are walking out of the car. I use a macro to shut bluetooth off if you want to stay in the car.

Quick Reply: Private Call