Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Powerbook Audio

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 08:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well - I got my new powerbook yesterday , so, of course, had to try the bluetooth in the car. The good news is that it works - if i play a song in Itunes, the audio comes out, but the quality is rubbish. Is this a software issue with the car(i.e. its delibratly limited to quality), or are the bluetooth modules not up to the job? It was a pretty hopefull move - if it did work, a "touch tone" itunes interface could quite easily be made to controll itunes using the suffix dialing tool, if only the quality was good enough.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I'd like to know if you get it to work--i.e., my travel computer is an iBook. Try posing your question here--on the Bluetooth discussion or maybe the PowerBook Discussion:

Apple Discussions
Old 09-06-2005, 07:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by bdav' date='Sep 4 2005, 11:35 AM
Well - I got my new powerbook yesterday , so, of course, had to try the bluetooth in the car. The good news is that it works - if i play a song in Itunes, the audio comes out, but the quality is rubbish. Is this a software issue with the car(i.e. its delibratly limited to quality), or are the bluetooth modules not up to the job? It was a pretty hopefull move - if it did work, a "touch tone" itunes interface could quite easily be made to controll itunes using the suffix dialing tool, if only the quality was good enough.
[snapback]166835[/snapback]

It is a function of the bluetooth profile that is in use. You are using the "Audio Gateway" profile most likely to send the audio to the car. It is using the single speaker that the handsfree is set up to use.

If/when A2DP is coded for the E60, we should/might get full audio processing on stereo audio being sent from a player/PC. I recently dug up the spec on A2DP.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by bdav' date='Sep 4 2005, 11:35 AM
[snapback]166835[/snapback]

It is a function of the bluetooth profile that is in use. You are using the "Audio Gateway" profile most likely to send the audio to the car. It is using the single speaker that the handsfree is set up to use.

If/when A2DP is coded for the E60, we should/might get full audio processing on stereo audio being sent from a player/PC.