Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Poor Microphone performance - UK owners?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, I don't have the built-in phone, but one of the BMW technicians mentioned to me that they had seen a number of cars back at the dealership because the microphone had been accidently wired for left hand drive usage back at the factory.

Hope this is useful for someone.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:39 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Mar 14 2005, 05:15 AM
Guys, I don't have the built-in phone, but one of the BMW technicians mentioned to me that they had seen a number of cars back at the dealership because the microphone had been accidently wired for left hand drive usage back at the factory.

[snapback]101221[/snapback]
now you mention it ,evey time i am on the phone every one ask me to speak up as they cant hear me. I am changing cars this week it will be interesting to see if the problem remains, if it does i will ask them to check that the mic is on the correct side. good call
Old 03-14-2005, 04:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by browellm' date='Mar 14 2005, 05:15 AM

[snapback]101221[/snapback]
Same problem here! I am about to change so I'll see if there's any difference.
Old 03-14-2005, 06:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Sport in Carbon Black / high gloss shadow line and beige leather / dark poplar with professional nav, bluetooth phone prep, CD changer, bi-xenon adaptive headlamps, servotronic steering, folding mirrors, heated comfort seats, TV, extended voice control and Logic 7 hifi.

Hmmm... interesting. Does anyone have any info on the manufactured dates of the affected cars?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Sorry for being an ignorant, but where exactly is the microphone located? How many of them?
Old 03-14-2005, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by clived' date='Mar 14 2005, 03:33 PM
Hmmm... interesting. Does anyone have any info on the manufactured dates of the affected cars?
[snapback]101284[/snapback]
No sorry Clive, I didn't delve into it with him. He only mentioned it because I called him on my aftermarket bluetooth setup and the call quality was pretty poor.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

merv the derv your new car sound great I bet you cant wait to get in it and I bet when you test drove it there was no compromise ,you had to have it
Old 03-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by johno535' date='Mar 14 2005, 04:56 PM
merv the derv your new car sound great I bet you cant wait to get in it and I bet when you test drove it there was no compromise ,you had to have it
[snapback]101426[/snapback]
Johno,

You're not wrong there, Glad to see you love yours!
My 530d is still fabulous car but from the outset I always knew I would change to the sport model as soon as BMW launched it. When I had a test drive in a 535 I thought the initial pull from hardly any revs was awsome compared to my 530 plus its a lot smoother - don't know why though. I also liked the interior such as the big screen, air con advanced and black sports layout. Compared to my small screen i drive, s*ite heater controls and "too much" grey interior its fab! I'm also looking forward to no Active Steering! Don't like it.

I'm chomping at the bit to get it!

Cheers

MTD
Old 03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Members

Now you come to mention it.. i used to run a Sony t68i with BT.. i was always getting asked to speak up.. anyhow problem gone 'cos the t68i got toasted and i got a k700i as replacement. boy that is a laugh as it won't work properly at all... won't stay on BT profile and i cannot turn up the in car volume so unless i am stood stil it i useless !

Anyhow i have a friend willing to swap my k700i for a boxd t68i unused so will pick it up in a few days and re-test.. if mic is cr4p i will add it to the growing list of things for the dealer at next visit.

cheers for the info.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Mar 14 2005, 05:54 PM
Sorry for being an ignorant, but where exactly is the microphone located? How many of them?
[snapback]101315[/snapback]
Poor Microphone performance - UK owners?-img_0290.jpg

Quick Reply: Poor Microphone performance - UK owners?